[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only person under 30 who never took a picture of their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: average millenials.jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
average millenials.jpg
81 KB, 500x500
Am I the only person under 30 who never took a picture of their food? If I see people doing this I immediately lose a lot of respect for them
>>
>>7618875
why do you care what other people do
>>
I've started cooking real food from base ingredients instead of just reheating crap, making pasta sauce, cooking steaks, that sort of thing. I usually take a photo if I'm particularly happy with how it turned out, so I can see my progression. I don't post them anywhere. I have no idea why people take photos in public of resteraunt meals.
>>
>>7618878
do you not observe the behavior of the people around you? do you go around staring at your shoes everywhere? idiot
>>
i don't take pictures of restaurant food

well i guess i would if it were amusing to a point of being remarkable

i take pics of my own food as an aide memoire and to show it to people on here
>>
>>7618884
Just passing by, but you're the one who just came off as an idiot in this case, just fyi.
>>
Taking pictures of your food is the most acceptable reason to take out your phone at a restaurant.

If you've ever looked at your phone while eating out for any other reason, I have less respect for you than those Asian people in your pic.
>>
>>7618884
i do

why do you care what other people do
>>
>>7618884
Why does it matter if you observe or not? Why do you care what other people do?
>>
At restaurants? Almost never, no. Unless there is an express purpose for it.

My own creations? Certainly, if I'm proud of what I made (so usually not).
>>
>>7618905
>>7618913
one day you'll figure out how to be less retarded and people will like you I promise
>>
Yes you are actually, you're literally the only one. Congratulations
>>
>>7618928
You didn't answer the question at all.
>>
>>7618875
no cares about your bitter, judgemental ass lmao
>>
I would say yeah you're probably alone on that one. I do know one guy who was home schooled and never had friends or anything, so he probably didn't have anyone to share images of food with. You and him maybe.
>>
>>7618970

I don't think anyone was talking about taking Polaroids back in school. More likely phone pictures in college and after.
>>
i never took pics of my food but when i was an alcohol maniac i used to compulsively take pics of my booze stash lmao :D
>>
Thank you social media for reducing our self worth to Facebook likes and Twitter re tweets.
>>
File: ..jpg (142 KB, 589x588) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
142 KB, 589x588
if the ingredients/presentation impress you, and you're with only close acquaintances, why not?

but i assume you're talking about nondescript dish at some chain shop
sure seems a bit ridiculous
>>
I've only ever done it a handful of times for a synchtube friend that always asks for pics of pizza if I mention that I'm going to be having it lol. I've never put food on any social media though.
>>
>>7618875
Do you feel the same way about people who take photographs if they are on holiday or sight-seeing?
>>
>>7619052
Only if they're Japanese.
>>
File: 1461367842568.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1461367842568.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>7618928
aha oh wow
>>
>>7618875
I think it's silly. At the places where the presentation is nice enough to take a picture of, taking out a camera seems rather unacceptable unless you've cleared it before hand to come take pictures of food. Anything else just seems like done desperate yelp reviewer our social media addict wanting to show everyone they stopped at some restaurant and ate.

I mean, I get that this is sometimes interests, and I have some fucking stupid interests too, but for whatever reason taking pictures of food at a restaurant when you go there to eat just seems ridiculous.
>>
>>7618928

I bet you're fun at parties.
>>
>>7618978
I'm 26, we had mobiles in high school
>>
>>7619117
>taking out a camera seems rather unacceptable

Its only unacceptable if its intrusive. If you have a flash going off and the camera/phone makes a noise when you take the picture then yeah its probably not on. But if its not affecting anyone else then its fine.

Restaurants are perfectly aware of this too. Id argue that whereas high end dining used to be reserved for the more wealthy and middle to old aged, it isnt any more. Cooking/dining is far more trendy. There are a lot more young people enjoying it. Any many of those who do go to high end restaurants are going there for a treat, and have probably been saving their money for quite some time to do so. They want to remember it. They want to show their friends. Restaurants dont typically mind since they recognise the change in trends. And for those doing it, there isnt much harm in it. No different to taking photos on holiday or a day out etc.
>>
>>7618875
My mummy loves seeing pictures of the restaurants I go to so yeah fuck you
>>
>>7618875
yeah I know right. How dare people enjoy taking picture of their own food. Food is meant for eating and only eating!
>>
File: Ham-and-bread[1].jpg (113 KB, 981x634) Image search: [Google]
Ham-and-bread[1].jpg
113 KB, 981x634
Taking pictures of your 2-for$20 plate at an Applebees to post on your Twitter feed is degeneracy.

Taking a photograph of a presentation from a top chef at a 4 or 5 star restaurant is fine. Food is art, and is intended to be as much of a visual experience as taste. That is why presentation matters so greatly. Wanting to forever remember something so incredible, made with such perfection... in the old days we'd commissioned someone to paint a portrait it was so spectacular. If your food is glorious, a photograph is fine. Unless you also post it on your Twitter feed. Then fuck you too.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Look I made debil eggs
>>
>>7619375
Yes, it is.
>>
>>7619149
That's another thing. People taking photos on holiday. It's even worse. At least people photographing their food are restricted to their own table. You try to enjoy a view or sculpture, and everybody's clamoring around you posing for photos. It's awful.
>>
>>7618875
>Am I the only person
Yes. You are the only one. Out of the billions upon billions of people under 30 in the world, you are the ONLY one who has never taken a picture of your food. The title of "person who has never taken a picture of their food" solely belongs to you and no one else.
>>
>>7618879
Same, if I make something I'm proud of I take a picture. If I go out I never take pictures.
>>
>>7618875
i take pictures of food i cooked for you guys
>>
i only take pictures of food after i've digested and passed it. lost a bunch of fb friends once i posted an album, but i have a core of maybe 5 people who consistently like my photos so ill keep posting.
>>
Taking a picture of a meal and sharing it online is a derivation of the primitive instict to show the other members of the tribe your prey / hunt. Except nowadays that doesnt' work to attract the female's attention so the instinct is somewhat negated and all that can be witnessed are bland facebook comments like "gee bill that looks good! hehe xd"
>>
>>7619688
Shut up faggot
>>
I only take pics of food I made and only just to post it here in dinner threads.
Nothing's more pathetic that people taking pictures of fast food.
>>
>>7618928
nice deflection autismo
>>
>>7619870
>Taking a picture of a meal and sharing it online is a derivation of the primitive instict to show the other members of the tribe your prey / hunt
You're a naive little fuck. It has more to do with wanting to preserve a moment, not some primal hunter gatherer bullshit. The worst part is you're going to be literally impossible to sway because you already smell your own farts and think you're the smartest person around. Just fuck off retard.
>>
people have had an obsession with photographing things for a long time
humans naturally have an attachment to memories and a memory that can exist outside of their own is valuable to them
the only reason people single out millenials (which people seem to mistake generation Z for millenials all the time because its just a buzzword now) is because now people have much more convenient technology that allows us to take and store and share more high quality pictures than ever before
>>
>>7618875

I owned a Nokia 6300 for three weeks 7 or so years ago before cancelling my contract and never touching a mobile device again. Fuck Smart Phones. fuck selfies, fuck distracted driving and fuck foodies taking pictures of the food they buy.
>>
>>7619614
hook me up son
>>
>>7618875
No, I'm 28 and I've never seen the point. It's fucking retarded, like all social media shit, but whatever. If people want to take pictures of every bite they take, I don't care as long as I'm not in any of their pictures.
>>
Social do's/don'ts have changed, for the most part.

About 3 years ago, at a work function that allowed +1's, a lady brought her daughter along (under 20).
We started eating and she whipped out her Samsung XP thing and started taking pictures of her food and everyone elses. I was actually pretty shocked, but noone else seemed to care. I began to notice, over the next couple years, that's it's just the social media thing. Not agebound, all ages with a phone seem to do it.
People put their elbows on the table, chew with their mouths open.
The more expensive your meal, the less this seems to happen, though.
>>
>>7618875
I do that if the food is aesthetic, it's that simple

A lot of times people post kitschy 'upscale food'. If you're gonna snap at a restaurant, it better be an outstanding(ly presented) dish
>>
>>7618875
I take pictures of my own food, if I am proud of it. I never upload them to social media, and don't take pictures of restaurant, though.
>>
>>7618875

I do mystery shops sometimes and many places make taking pictures of food mandatory. I always feel like a fool trying to take pictures of the underside of pizzas and sandwiches/burgers cut in half.
>>
hey I'm okay with people taking pictures in restaurants as long as they fucking upload it to some kind of informational or review website and contribute to other people's knowledge when they're choosing a restaurant to go to

protip: your twitter is not such a website
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.