[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is quinoa a meme food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 730x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 730x428
Is quinoa a meme food?
>>
>>7617031

>eating more than just Oatmeal

You're living a meme life faggot
>>
It's not very nice, I know that much.
>>
>>7617031
It tastes good, quinoa salads are pretty decent. I won't say I prefer it over something like barley.
>>
>Not eating a 100% Incan diet

P A T H E T I C
>>
>>7617042

You just gotta dope it up thats all
>>
It's funny because it's a local staple in the area that cultivates it and the hipsters and soccer moms are making it so expensive they can't even afford it there.

For your question, I think it's alright. Much healthier than rice. Needs to be rinsed well and cooked in stock and spices. I think it's surpassed meme status and entered mainstream.
>>
>>7617055
What kind of spices would/do you use? I just got a bag and was looking to experiment.
>>
>>7617060
First I'm going to reinforce rinse the shit out of it. Put it in a wire strainers and actually get in there and scrub it. I like to cook it in chicken broth with cumin, paprika, garlic and onion.
>>
Couscous made with quinoa is actually really good
>>
>>7617102
Lovely post
>>
>>7617031
>Am I a meme?

Yes.
>>
it tastes like shit. it has low fiber. it has a high glycemic load.

it has zero value.

how is this shit touted as a health food?
>>
>>7617283
>how is this shit touted as a health food?
>it tastes like shit.
There ya go!
>>
>>7617031
depends

is my dick a meme food?
>>
>>7617071
>cook it in chicken broth with cumin, paprika, garlic and onion
This is how you do it.
>>
>>7617031
No. It checks a ton of nutritional boxes, is tasty enough with just some oil and phenomenal with just about any sauce you care to experiment with.
>>
>>7617031
>meme food?
Autspergfaggot
>>
>>7617031
It's a bit of an old meme now. It was super popular a few years ago; every "top" restaurant would have a quinoa dish on the menu. At least, in my part of the world.

But like >>7618638 said, it's really good for you so you should eat it anyways

>>7617071
I'd like to add: after you rinse it, toast it a little
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.