[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain the steak meme to me? Every time I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: steak.jpg (238 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
238 KB, 1600x1200
Can someone explain the steak meme to me?

Every time I think I want a steak I always end up disappointed. Also getting it super pink and squishy is gross as fuck.
>>
Well done is leathery touch ruined meat.
Rare is warm raw meat.
Either go medium or don't eat steak at all.
>>
>>7616746
Sounds like you're either eating shit steak or you just don't like it

/thread
>>
>>7616776
>tfw get medium and it's still flavorless, just also pink and mushy
>>
>>7616746
Sounds like you're a vegan in disguise. Just give up already.
>>
>>7616792
Where the fuck are you getting flavorless mushy medium steak from?
I want to know so I never step foot in there.
>>
I had a 50 dollar steak at a work anniversary thing once that was probably the best thing I've ever eaten. Everything cheaper than that I've always thought was just "fine" but not as good as a really good hamburger (or even mediocre) hamburger, and at twice the price.
>>
How come you faggots keep making these threads a thing? We don't need two steak rare/well done troll threads a day. They add nothing, nothing ever comes out of them, they're worse than the Ja/ck/ing off bullshit and only offer half-grown children with verbal diarrhea a chance to blurt out their personal preference and pretend their opinion merits any attention.

tl:dr - Fuck you all and hope the janitors start killing these threads off.
>>
File: 1458061840559.jpg (138 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1458061840559.jpg
138 KB, 720x720
>>7616826
Welcome to /ck/
>>
I think the biggest problem with steaks is, that even 'good' restaurants are often either too stupid to cook them or they don't want to spare the time to make good steak.
More often than not i get a 'medium' steak thats great from the outside and then between room temperature and slightly warm on the inside.
>>
>>7616944
true.
>>
>>7616944
You have to go to an actual steakhouse. Even high end restaurants make shitty steak.
>>
>>7616779
Do not /thread your own post. This is your final warning.
>>
people don't realize it but steak is peasant food
more chewy than any chicken or fish and has very little flavor on its own
the fat is actually the only part that tastes any good
>>
>>7618486
na

lots of animals eyes are reflective
>>
>>7616746
>still calling anything and everything a meme

>>7618509
Steak is definitely not peasant food. Oxtails are peasant food. Do you have any fucking idea what you're talking about? Are you aware of dry-aged steaks, USDA prime steaks, Japanese Kobe steaks?
>>
>>7618654

Heck, even out of a plain 'ol cow the "Steaks" are the most expensive cuts. The cheap stuff is chuck, shank, etc.
>>
>>7616746
>getting it super pink and squishy is gross as fuck
But the bloody goo oozing across your plate is supreme. The gentlemen of /ck/ have repeatedly told me so.
>>
>>7616746
(You)
>>
>>7616746
Maybe stick to cockmeat you fucking gaywad
>>
I once went to a fucking trattoria of all places, and the Bistecca a la Fioretina was glorious. Mediumrare all the way.
>>
>>7619879
It's fucking myoglobin.
>>
its all about da prime rib
>>
>>7616776
>Rare is warm raw meat.
So what? The main thing is whether it is absolutely delicious and superior to cooking steak further, which it absolutely is.
>>
troll thraed kek
>>
>>7620136
>The main thing is whether it is absolutely delicious and superior to cooking steak further, which it absolutely is.

So what you're saying is steak is bad no matter what and that it's just a meme dish.
>>
>>7616746
Can someone explain the food meme to me?

Every time I think I want food, I always end up disappointed. I'd rather just stick with getting my nutrients thought an IV like a sensible, utilitarian gentleman, not like you fucking children with your pointless cooking and eating memes.
>>
>>7620743
If you were to use that argument, I think he was saying the complete opposite
>>
File: reee.jpg (10 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
reee.jpg
10 KB, 260x260
>>7618489
don't tell me what to do.
>>
>>7616746
"A good steak" is a meme. There's never a reason to eat only a slab of meat. Meat is supposed to go with something.
>>
>>7619986
>find supreme comment here
>>
>>7618527
Nice try alien pupper
>>
>>7616746

Let mummy get you a nice plate of Tendies and ketchup sweetie.
>>
>>7622135

I've never found any of the traditional steak "side items" to enhance the experience of eating a nice steak. A baked or mashed potato, buttered asparagus etc doesn't help the steak any
>>
>>7616746
I like my steak well done
>>
>>7616746

Just drop steak/beef and get on lamb, goat, chicken ect.

Lamb is the true king of the (normal) meats.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.