[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do if you learn your restaurant has roaches?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: iu[1].jpg (48 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
48 KB, 533x400
I make min wage and hate most of the customers desu so it's not a huge deal, but I'm curious. D'you let a manager know? I let an assistant manager know, they said the roaches come in on the supply truck, but the store is sprayed regularly.

It's just gross is all. I'll concede I've probably got roaches too and simply never seen one, since the damn things are shifty, but after you see one the whole place is just icky to me. Pic "unrelated", since I have at least one coworker that lurks here.
>>
its roach season. The weather + food makes them near impossible to not have.

The issue is more or less are the roaches on or near your food? If not its really not a big deal. Don't let customers see since they will freak out over nothing but past that your good. If its on the food, be a decent human being and do something about it.
>>
You tell the manager, and make sure he calls an exterminator.
Most extermination companies can put roach repellent around the building, so they won't come near.
>>
basically my favorite restaurant in town was ruined for me after i spotted a roach on the table next to me. it's a quaint little izakaya that's open late every night, and one night around midnight i saw the fucker. paid for my meal and vowed never to go back.
>>
>>7614742
Nah, haven't spotted any one open food. In food boxes, maybe, but those come off the truck and get put in cold storage (and all the items in the boxes are in their own bags and boxes).

I've seen one scurrying on the production line floor, though, and I'm pretty sure they can climb walls, which is what's got me worried.
>>
>>7614730
If I ran the place myself, I'd keep the dry food in sealed plastic containers, and keep a pack of alcohol wipes for all dishes, pots, chopping surfaces, and cutlery. Not that major a problem unless the customers see them and doubt your commitment to hygiene.
>>
>>7614730
Kill its Eggs with steam or boiling water.
>>
>>7614730
I live in NYC and vacation frequently in NOLA. I'm sure all of my favorite restaurants have roaches. Zero fucks given.
>>
File: Advion-Roach-Bait-Gel.jpg (15 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
Advion-Roach-Bait-Gel.jpg
15 KB, 280x280
2016.. literally no excuse for roaches in the developed world

t. pest control pro
>>
>>7615058
This. Combined with a spray, you won't see them for a while. One two punch, am I right?
>>
>>7615158
the advion gel will work without spray if applied correctly
>>
>>7614730
If you see one that's means there's dozens
If you see them in the daylight, like not giving a fuck about being spotted by people, then you've got hundreds of them
>>
>all the people in this thread thinking this kid gets paid even remotely enough to take it upon himself to kill the roaches
A kek here and a kek there. Let them multiply and take it as a life lesson: life is much filthier than society wants to believe
>>
>>7614730
Thanks for that insight papa Nurgle.
>>
>>7615463
Meant for >>7615267
>>
Why do so many Hotels suffer from Bedbugs?
>>
>>7615576
because they hitch rides on humans and the humans most likely to spread them are ones who travel and stay in hotels a lot
>>
>>7615267
Hopefully I'll be working somewhere out of the food industry sooner rather than later.

>>7615204
It was at night, but on the line, but the restaurant is always kept lit -- especially the line, where it was seen.
>>
Restaurant chef here. Basically all places will have them at some point.
They're not really that big a deal if you handle it properly.
When you let them get out of hand, that's when you have a problem.
>>
>>7616462
Apparently a guy is coming in to spray, but I'm not sure. Our specific location leans on the shittier side sometimes because of our scheduling.

Our shifts are like 6-noon, 10-4, and 4-10.

The first of these shifts consists primarily of late 20-somethings that use the job (~8 an hour due to seniority) to pay for their family/rent/etc.

The second shift is a mix of the first and last shifts based on peoples' availability.

The third is almost entirely high school and early college students. So whenever one crew doesn't do something, the other won't pick it up and fix it for them. (For the morning crew, they don't want to clean up after kids, and for the night crew, they don't get paid enough to clean up after adults). So some shit just enters a cycle of neglect until a manager gets involved.

I understand both sides; I don't get paid enough to move out, nonetheless go to school, with that job. I don't mind doing my scheduled task, but it does get irritating to see the shift before you just fucked off sooner than they should have and left you with even more shit to do for the same pay.
>>
>>7614884
I felt the same after visiting a restaurant.
>>
>>7614730
Inform your manager. If they don't deal with it, fucking leave.
>>
>>7617792
this...

it's your obligation to inform the manager, it's part of your job
>>
>>7617823
I told the manager on duty, but not they are already on their way out (put in 2 week notice), so I don't know if they told the GM.

The GM is just going to put it on me and two coworkers to clean the entire place from top to bottom despite 50 people working here anyway.
>>
>>7615046
I found the jew
>>
>>7617921
Proper meme vernacular would be you found the Turk.
>>
>>7615576
The funny thing is that for the longest time they didn't. Bed bugs weren't almost a non-issue in the states awhile back. But over time people get lazy and lax with the rules because hey forget how fast it can spread and now we have issues again.

I unironically blame the African's and Mexicans here in the country. They are ALWAYS the ones that bring in the infestations.
>>
>>7615058
>spotted the roach killing schill
>>
>>7616359
Sure, find a job outside of the food industry. Whatever it takes to help you forget that the majority of commercial food service has the exact same sanitary problems and doesn't care enough to spend the money to solve it.

Better ingredients, better pizza, Papa John's!
>>
>>7620339
Oh, no, it wasn't to avoid the ickiness.

It was to make a livable wage. Inb4bernvictim jokes.

I'm trying to both move out and finish school and can do neither with my income; I'm applying for gigs in the area that pay more; no food industry availabilities do.
>>
>>7620358
Absolutely fair enough, working food sucks on all fronts especially pay. But I'm really trying to give you nightmares about mealworms in the next restaurant burger you eat and you're not helping very much
>>
>>7620367
Oh, my bad.

No more burgers for me.

Actually you might just be being helpful; I'm trying to avoid shitty fast food in general now in an effort to lose weight.
>>
>>7620406
I would say check out /fit/ but its full of homosexual body dysmorphic steroid abusers and body image memes. Check out fitsticky.com instead famm, I swear working out in conjunction with watching your diet gives much better results than just dieting alone
>>
>>7620422
Gracias, mi familia.
>>
>>7620213
Because suitcases belonging to American citizens are immune from containing any bedbug I suppose? Or is it because they systematically get the entire hotel building sprayed when they make a room reservation to be sure they never go to an infected place?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.