[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you drinking your water, /ck/? Be honest. How much water
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
File: waterboyb.jpg (28 KB, 460x280) Image search: [Google]
waterboyb.jpg
28 KB, 460x280
Are you drinking your water, /ck/? Be honest.

How much water do you have a day? What source does it come from? Faucet? Bottles? Gallon jugs? Filtered? Garden hose?

How do you like it? Over ice? Room temp? Garden hose temp? With lemon? Also curious for you filter fags/spring water fags, do you not use faucet water when you cook or make drinks like coffee and tea?

Spring water: the patricians choice, or meme of the century? Distilled water: the literally who, or the dark horse contender for best H2O?
>>
I drink roughly 2-3 liters per day.
Source: my faucet, which has a filter on it.

>>faucet water when you cook
Using filtered water makes a difference for some things (drinks, stocks/broths) but I didn't notice any difference when, say, boiling veggies.

>spring
some of it tastes good, but I don't find it worth the price.

>distilled
contains no minerals so it doesn't taste of anything.
>>
>>7611699
At least a gallon a day
Iced
Filtered from fridge at home or machine at work
Filtered for coffee, tea, and cooking
Cup at home, tumbler with straw at work, 1L Nalgene when out
>>
>>7611711
hi
>>
>>7611699
At minimum about 4 quarts, usually more. I have a bottle I just refill throughout the day. I drink tap water, room temp, plain. We have a well and the water is good here.
>>
I drink at least 6 liters/day from the inline fridge filter. A good goal is at 1 fl oz/lb body weight

Not complicated, dude.
>>
File: 1448942635783.jpg (75 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1448942635783.jpg
75 KB, 533x800
>>7611713
>>
Honest? 5-7 bottles a day

I drink water constantly at work; at home I don't drink nearly as much since I don't have a dispenser (anymore). I drank water and tea constantly when I did have one, but that shit was pricey.

Florida drinking water tastes like chlorine and I have especially hard water. Our water softener broke, so it tastes extra shitty-- I'll drink tap if I must, but I buy cases of bottled water now.
>>
>>7611727
Dude just buy a filter. It's much cheaper.
I try to drink a gallon a day. Usually just tap water because I don't care and it tastes okay where I live.
>>
>>7611699
I drink a few liters a day.

There's filtered water at work. I find if get a smaller cup it helps me get up to refill and walk around a bit since I work in an office.
>>
I drink at least 10 regular glasses of water a day, which is filtered. These are just room temp.
Then, I also usually drink a bottle of Gerolsteiner a day as well. It's what I like to drink mid-afternoon and with my dinner, and it's cold from the fridge.

As far as coffee, tea, and cooking, I only use filtered water for coffee and tea, and I use filtered water for things that are cooked that will be absorbing water, like pasta or rice. If I'm steaming something, I'll just use the tap. Our water quality here is good anyway, I just like the taste of the filtered water better.
>>
probably around 80-100oz a day. at work there is a filter on the sink and i fill up my 20oz water bottle a few times. at home i usually have a glass of water in the morning and a glass or two in the evening. i have a filter/dispenser in my fridge at home.
>>
Around a gallon. Brita mostly. Here in Orlando faucet water sucks
>>
>>7611699
Bottled water, room temp although I cool it in the fridge once it starts getting warmer during the summer. I drink maybe 3-4 bottles a day, so around 1.5-2.0L a day.
>>
>>7611699
i average about 2 liters a day. tap water is safe to drink here, but we have a brita filter and it definitely does make a difference in terms of taste. I've also started to use that for boiling and cooking, and can tell there aren't nearly as many minerals as my kettle doesn't get any mineral deposits at the bottom after a while.

room temperature here, cause i'm too lazy to add ice cubes and hot water is lame
>>
That's a weird question. I just drink when I'm thirsty. I also eat when I'm hungry. Sometimes I even use the toilet when I have to.

Usually I have a cup of coffee in the morning, a cup of tea at night, and then water here and there during the day. My meals are usually pretty watery (cereal, oatmeal, curry, soups) so I don't often drink with them.
>>
Like the other anon earlier in the thread I drink large quantities at work, I refill my 16oz cup at least 10 times a day. I don't drink as much as work because I lack large glasses and a good filter (the tap around here is fine but after months of filtered work water it's impossible to stomach in large quantities). I cook with tap though, the water is pretty soft so it's fine.
>>
>>7611699
Artesian well. Joys of Literally Where? living.
>>
>>7611699

my wife switched from soda to bottled water, i'm a bit reluctant to join desu

i like sugary carbonated water
>>
>>7611965
It's a maymay from yurop
>>
>>7611699

Not drinking as much as I should be, quite honestly. I need to up my intake

Comes from the tap. I don't give a fuck. Pour it in a glass and put some ice cubes on top to make it nice and frosty.
>>
>>7611699
Between 1.5 and 2 gallons a day. About half of it is bottled water at work (the fountain is disgusting and the water is always hot) and tap water at home.
>>
Aim for 2 gallons a day
Usually get a few gallon jugs every time I go to the store, they're less than a dollar each and my tap water is cloudy and bubbly and tastes horrible. I have been meaning to get a filter though.
I use tap water for cooking, it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Generally I keep it at room temp and pour it into a giant glass I have and put a couple of ice cubes in it to bring it to just slightly below room temp. Refreshing but still easy to drink in large quantities, and doesn't hurt muh sensitive teeth.
I've learned that there really is a difference in bottled waters though. I get a cheap obscure brand because it doesn't taste "bad" per se, but stuff like Disani really is better. I hate paying extra for it but if they're ever free I'll stock up. Store brands almost always have a plastic or even chemical taste to them, which is terrible. I'd say that spring water is fine (it's mostly what I drink) but purified water has potential for better flavor.
>>
>>7611699
I prefer my water to be soaked in ground coffee beans and then filtered.
>>
I drink about 3 liters of chilled tap water every day. Water is all I drink that's non-alcoholic.
>>
>>7611699
> How much
A few litres.
> Where from
Mostly the tap, some bottled.
> How
If it's just plain water, cold. Otherwise, flavoured with orange squash.
> Spring water
17p/2L Tesco Value Still Water for me. Water's water, isn't it?
>>
plain water - rarely/very little
but my pee is clear

i get most of my water from broth/shakes/tea
>>
only when i'm in the gym, i carry around a water bottle and drink constantly for 2 straight hours

otherwise not really

i hope i'm still drinking enough lol
>>
>>7612279
lol probably not
>>
>>7611699
what mama doesn't know won't hurt her
>>
>>7612003
Brush your teeth you nasty fuck
>>
>>7611699
I drink water, tea, and occasionaly some other treat. usually milk or coffee. I don't put sugar or milk in either tea or coffee.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 1600x1200
Force myself to drink at least three a day
>>
>>7611699
At least 1 gallon a day, faucet master race, sorry to you third world asshats.
>>
File: 1454800245266.gif (450 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1454800245266.gif
450 KB, 300x300
I used to think this guy was a joke when I was a kid, but having heard more stories of kidney stones than I ever wanted to hear, he's now as important an icon as Superman.

>mfw just thinking about the pain
>>
6-8 glasses/mugs of various sizes. Most are ~10-12 fl. ounces.

Filter pitcher.

Over ice, usually.

I used filtered for coffee, tea, any powdered drink mix (like Gatorade), or when filling ice trays. I don't when cooking.

Water is my favorite/most used chaser for most liquor. Occasionally I'll use orange juice or 7up for clear liquors or, in the winter, I'll use milk to chase cheaper bourbons. Gatorade is also an okay chaser for most liquors.
>>
>>7611699

Around 1-1.5 gallons a day, I love cold water.

It's the most refreshing thing to drink.
>>
>>7611699
Two of those "one a day" water bottles.
>>
I drink about 3-4L a day.
It's my tapwater which comes from the same source as Gerolsteiner.
A simple chilled glas of it is my favorite drink.
>>
>>7611699
>how much
Between half a gallon and a whole gallon depending if I'm drinking alcohol that day
>source
I've got a water filter attached to my faucet that I fill my jug up with at night before I go to sleep
>like it
At least refridgerated, and I have a plastic lime I squeeze that squirts lime juice. I put a little bit into my cup, then pour the cold water over it.

would use ice too, but my ice maker uses shitty water that tastes bad
>>
>>7611699
Probably about a gallon every day. I've got a big 32oz cup that I refill several times throughout the day.

I have a water dispenser in my refrigerator with a filter, so that's what I use. It comes out somewhat cool, but not completely chilled.

I use the same filtered water when I make coffee or tea, but when I'm cooking I just use it straight from the faucet.
>>
>>7611699
I drink about a gallon of deionized water from my lab and I put trace amounts of minerals in it tailored to fit my specific mineral needs.
>>
between 4 and 10 litres a day
>>
1. Yes
2. 2 liters of Rum and Diet Coke
3. It's delicious. 3 ice cubes, 2 shots of rum, some coke and lemon if I feel fancy.
>>
>>7611699
Faucet water, a gallon or more
>>
>>7611916

>I just drink when I'm thirsty. I also eat when I'm hungry. Sometimes I even use the toilet when I have to.

Best anwer. I'll never understand faggots that have daily quotas for foods/liquids, unless they're on a /fit/ regimen or something. Do you not get thirsty often enough? What kind of mutant needs to exert mental effort on getting enough water?
>>
About a gallon, more if i'm drinking or have cotton mouth. Spring water, it's tested by the city weekly I think.
>>
>>7611699
Mountain well water. 1-2 liters a day depending on what I'm doing
>>
>Are you drinking your water?

No, I drink someone else's water.
>>
I drink hardly any water, probably around 2-3 cups per day, from the faucet.
>>
I drink probably like 3 tall glasses a day, all from the faucet unless I'm at work then we have a filtered tap. I like it ice cold but no ice in it, just gets in the way.

Toronto has pretty tasty tap water desu.
>way better than vegas when I was there last week
>>
>>7613112
Kidney disease, I have to drink at least a certain amount of water a day or the red pee starts flowing lime wine.
>>
Never less than 3 gallons a day, I carry gallon jugs around at work and just drink while I work.
>>
File: well-water-faucet.jpg (64 KB, 940x350) Image search: [Google]
well-water-faucet.jpg
64 KB, 940x350
I have a well on my property so I get it straight from the tap.
>>
>>7612845

Oh so plenty of semen then right?
>>
File: a4c.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
a4c.gif
2 MB, 400x286
I've got a 72oz bottle I drink everyday. Tap water for life. Fuck paying for bottles. Biggest scam in human history
>>
>>7611699
>how much
enough to not be thirsty, it depends on what else i'm eating and how hot it is outside
>source
filtered from tap
>how
plain, ice cold but no ice. i'll usually stick it in the freezer until ice just barely starts forming in it.

i use unfiltered for cooking, except for when i'm cooking dry beans. i use distilled water for that since my tap water is hard and it makes them stay firm.
>>
File: _20160321_022112.jpg (87 KB, 1032x482) Image search: [Google]
_20160321_022112.jpg
87 KB, 1032x482
STRUCTURIZED WATER!

I write LOVE, GRATITUDE, THANK YOU. on jars.
Fill with spring water
Play classical music to the water.
Freeze it.
Thaw it.
And add it (just an ounce or two) my five gallon jugs of spring water.

Waters the most important thing on this earth and human body! and it should be treated that way.

Its 2016 and science has shown that molecules H H O can be changed structurally, just by thought alone.

Get with it anons
>>
File: IMG_9500[1].jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9500[1].jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>7611699

at least 5 cans a day
>>
>>7617329
Was at ACL. They sold canned water. Was the weirdest fucking shit.
>>
8 glasses per day is completely scientifically unfounded, it's an old wives tale

same with "muh white piss"

if you're not thirsty you shouldn't drink

tap water is garbage, drink mineral water from a good source, or distilled water or ro water, or drink other drinks like juice or something else
>>
>>7617308
Don't forget to stir the water afterwards with quartz rods while thinking positive thoughts for exactly 1 minute (this is important). Need to channel all that good energy bruh
>>
File: 20160428_105005-1.jpg (3 MB, 1757x2846) Image search: [Google]
20160428_105005-1.jpg
3 MB, 1757x2846
>>7611699
I make sure to drink at least 3 of these bad boys while I'm at work. That's 72 oz from the water cooler. Then at home or elsewhere I just try to drink as much as I can. Probably average about 100 - 120 oz of water per day. If I exercise then probably more like 150 oz.

Meanwhile my co-workers are guzzling sweet tea and soda and wondering why they can't ever seem to lose weight. Fucking cows
>>
>>7617632
I always think positive thoughts when structurizing my water, but can't find info on the rods, got any links
>>
I don't know how much I drink but I am constantly hydrating. When at home I'm frequently filling my water bottle on tap, at work I'm at the water fountain equally as often.

People who don't drink water are depraved. Remove them from your life.
>>
>>7617363
Calling bullshit here. If you're working hard and you wait till you're thirsty to drink its too late and you're already on your way to being dehydrated.
>>
>>7611699
I drink about 3/4th a gallon jug a day. Otherwise I drink a coffee and maybe a couple times a week I'll have a coke. Not too bad familia
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.