[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Low Carb meals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
Hi /ck/,

posting the first time here, coming from /fit/. I want to do a low carb diet and I would really appreciate it, if you could give me some nice low carb meals.

The best things would be meals that are also tasty when they are cold because I need to take the food with me to work.

Thank you in advance guys!
>>
File: 960.jpg (34 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
34 KB, 960x540
Nobody wants to help me out?
>>
>>7603937
this is a slow board, give it some time m88
>>
>>7603920
>coming from /fit/

You shouldn't have.
>>
>>7603920
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cold+tasty+low+carb+meals
>>
>>7603937
honestly, reddit would probably be more useful.
>>
>>7603920
If you want to loose weight, then I open you like soups. My personal favourites are: leek, potato and carrot soup (no cream), broccoli soup, French onion soup, chicken and corn soup, barley soup. These don't have that many carbs; soup is just great in general for dieting, because it fills you up. Otherwise I would eat normal meals but ditch the regular carb sources. Mushrooms and asparagus also make a great replacement for things like potatoes or rice. Use konjac noodles instead of wheat noodles.
>>
File: thai-salad.jpg (638 KB, 984x4450) Image search: [Google]
thai-salad.jpg
638 KB, 984x4450
What is your skill level? Like, dislikes, allergies, food taboos? We're not mind reader...
>>
>>7604116
Thank you for the advice! Soups could be really good for dieting that is true. Im definetly gonna try it
>>
>>7604150
I like any kind of meat, cheese is also fine (except harzer cheese). I like cucumbers and peppers but I hate tomatoes. I dont have any allergies.
What do you mean when you talk about skill level? Cooking skills?
>>
>>7604159
Yes, cooking skill levels. Do you burn water? Can you whip up a 8 ciurse meal with just what's in your pantry? Somewhere in the middle?
>>
>>7604159
I would say I'm a cooking rookie. I don't really know much about it but if I have strict instructions I think i can make it.
>>
>>7604163
>>7604169
Sorry, clicked on the wrong post.
>>
File: watercress3.jpg (565 KB, 962x4900) Image search: [Google]
watercress3.jpg
565 KB, 962x4900
>>7604172
Ok. This and the thai salad I posted above detailed enough for your comfort?
>>
>>7604217
Yes its a pretty good description. I only don't know how much a cup is. Like a cup for tea?
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1500x1304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1500x1304
>>7604222
It's a standard measuring cup. See pic related. 1 cup = 250 ml.
>>
>>7604150
this is not low carb.
neither is >>7604217

fruit other than berries is too high in carbs for keto unless they're meaning low carb as in diabetic 75g/meal low carb
>>
Why does /fit/ always feel the need to announce where there from?

Is it to make sure we talk to them like they're retarded?
>>
>>7604409
If OP was aiming for keto he can google it.

So yes, I was aiming at recommendations more along the line of diabetic recommendations and/or just a lot of veggies and removing the rice/pasta/bread components.
>>
>>7604430
Fair enough, for that intent they're great.
>>
>>7604414
Maybe to hint towards that they want 'clean' food.
>>
>>7604438
Exactly. Thank you for explaining it to him.
>>
>>7604438

>'clean' food

Yeah fuck those 'dirty' carbs.
>>
>>7604431
Thanks. Though, agreed, OP's request was vague.

OP : I have a ground turkey stuffing (good in lettuce wraps) or a pork & cabbage stir-fry in yiu want them.

>>7604438
That means nothing. And is actually a dangerous slope towards Orthorexia.
>>
>>7604561
yeah why not. Thank you!
>>
>>7604414
>there from
>calls others retarded
Shut your fat fucking mouth, and fuck off back to tumblr you landwhale.
>>
File: minipitas.jpg (588 KB, 1275x3992) Image search: [Google]
minipitas.jpg
588 KB, 1275x3992
>>7604585
turkey thing... I apparently didn't save the vertical for the pork, give me a sec...
>>
File: pork&nappa-cabbage.jpg (529 KB, 790x4161) Image search: [Google]
pork&nappa-cabbage.jpg
529 KB, 790x4161
>>7604665
here you go
>>
Any good substitute for bread? Just something to have other things on top of that doesn't disintegrate?

I'm not a huge bread fan to begin with, so I'm all open for different flavours.

Would consider corn tortilla pretty good, if it qualifies as low carb, but the ones at the store are paper thin.
>>
>>7604514
maybe focus on fresh rather than over processed goods, i don't know.
>>
>>7604665
Wow this looks fucking delicious. I can't wait to eat that!

Thanks!
>>
>>7604733
You're welcome.
>>
>>7604561

Clean food refers to nutritionally dense and iifym friendly. These guys are taking insulin, Glucophage, clenbuterol, dnp, and loads of aas. They are finely tuned machines and truth is diet is a good 33% of your results in the gym, the other two being drugs, and last and least, the training regimen.
>>
>>7603920
Low carb is a fast way to poor health, unless you're already morbidly obese.
>>
>>7604920

I guess that's why most centenarians eat low carb.
>>
Does somebody else have nice recipes for me?
>>
>>7604689
protein bread

>>7604996
omelettes with mushrooms
>>
>>7603920
Spaghetti Squash with shrimp & pesto.
>>
I eat high carbs on workout days and low carbs on rest days

This isn't bad or anything, right?
>>
File: abked.jpg (123 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
abked.jpg
123 KB, 1000x750
>>7605008
Spaghetti squash with pretty much any sauce is great. I bake mine, then use my usual meaty spaghetti sauce, add cheese and broil in the oven. Dead simple and tasty.
>>
>>7604150
No unripened papaya? :(
>>
>>7605092
can't get any at my grocery store. Add/substitute what makes you happy man.
>>
>>7605070

Very bad. You could die.
>>
>>7605097
oh no :<
>>
>>7605070
It depends.
I would recommend eating a medium portion carbs around 1 - 2 hours before your workout and after the workout low carb and high protein.
Also before you go to bed you should drink a casein protein shake and when you wake up a whey protein shake.
>>
>>7604689
Hope you like flax bread.

Also get used to shiritaki noodles.
>>
Why low carb?

Do you enjoy being low test too?
>>
>>7605308
Because in my opinion it's the fastest way to lose weight while also maintaining muscle
>>
>>7604228
What? No, it's half a pint, which is closer to 240ml.
>>
>>7605274
This guy builds muscle very slowly. He's in no position to give such specific advice.
>>
>>7605333
Canadian vs US cups. Canadian cups are 250ml.
>>
>>7604689
Pita bread, pretty thin so you can stuff heaps of healthier stuff inside. Still carbs but a lot less than bread I guess.
>>
>>7604116
>Use konjac noodles instead of wheat noodles.
Also OP should invest in a Spiralizer like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msS25T5nOuo

There are also hand-held twist models but America's Test Kitchen says those don't work as well as countertop models.
Let's you make angel hair "spaghetti" out of any firm vegetable such as:
Zucchini
Eggplant
Cucumber
Stalks of Cauliflower/Broccoli
Celery Root (Celeriac)
Rutabagas, etc.

Yeah it's a Uni-tasker, but if OP is committed to a low carb diet it'll get a lot of use in his kitchen and it's more versatile/faster than the fork-method for spaghetti squash.
>>
>>7603958
Chill out, anyone who comes to /ck/ "from /fit/" was a /ck/ ramen poster anyway

>>7603920
Welcome back brother

Things that dont need to be heated to take with you, include salad. Make a salad with cheese, since that's low carb. Shake the cheese up between cubed cheddar, or fetta, or whatever. Shake the other proteins between chicken, canned tuna or turkey or boiled eggs or whatever. Chicken is cheapest.

As for dressing, vinaigrette is your go to. Infuse the vinaigrette with spices of your choosing, could be Italian herbs or Cajun who cares. It will keep you interest.
>>
>>7604414
They do it because whenever they hear "I'm from /fit/" they imagine it's a muscular alpha who's typing, that's why most try to talk like they're alpha.
Almost always a fat guy, no doubt. Try comparing the volume of fresh IP responses on their threads about posting height/weight/etc compared to the ones about fat guys "we'll make it" and general fat loss inspo threads
>>
>>7604093
Go fuck yourself traitor

SickSpins.gif
>>
OK op I'm /fit/ since 4 years and have developed some epic recipes during this time.

Try this out: low carb chicken burgers / meatballs

-500g chicken breast
-1 onion
-4 garlic pieces
-100g low fat cottage cheese
-30g starch
-2 eggs

1. Cut the chicken & onions & garlic in very, very small pieces mix it all with salt & pepper and let it rest for 1-2 hours in the fridge . I usually use scissors to cut the chicken and a blender for the onion & garlic.

2. Now add the rest of the ingredients, mix it all well. Heat up a pan and use a tablespoon for the optimal meatball size. Don't make them flat, they will collapse otherwise.
Fry it well with enough oil. Use a kitchen paper to rub of the oil of your meatballs after they are fried.

You can eat them right away or let them cool down, they are usually tastier when cold and also stiff, so that they won't collapse.
>>
>>7604414
Lol
>>
>>7603920
Low carb really is the way to go for losing weight. I like to use the slow cooker for most meats .throw in chicken, beef or pork with a store bought marinade on high for 4 hours and you have food for a week. Add veggies with your meals. I eat OS trim sticks as snacks...low carb/fat meat sticks that taste like slim jims
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.