[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can be done about doughnuts? There has been no innovation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
What can be done about doughnuts? There has been no innovation in them since krispy kreme. Its the same shitty dunkn donuts and grocery store donuts for 50 years.
>>
File: doner doughnut.jpg (779 KB, 3000x1909) Image search: [Google]
doner doughnut.jpg
779 KB, 3000x1909
Try buying your doughnuts somewhere other than the grocery store.
>>
>doughnut innovation

Well since the collapse of the Soviet Union the military industrial complex has cut back on advanced doughnut research, as they simply don't need doughnuts that advanced any more. Middle-eastern fighters can normally be stopped with a simply jelly doughnut, or at a pinch, a chocolate glazed.
>>
That hasn't been my experience. My city (really the only city that counts) was overrun by "fancy" donut shops about 7 years ago, I believe you gastronomically deprived flyovers call this "memefood". The worst of them have finally closed doors, but there is certainly no shortage of "innovation" if you want to call it that (then again /ck/ thinks dumping too much hops into beer is "innovation" so...)

Anyway I'm not really crazy about donuts but I've had some cronuts from ansel (the actual ansel not the fake ass cronuts that don't even taste like cronuts). Those are pretty good, in terms of less famous shops, Dough also makes a pretty decent donut. With so many donut shops there is no excuse for having anything but the very best. Especially since it's like a once every two months kind of deal. Because to be quite honest, croissants are superior, from the perspective of breakfast.
>>
>>7600937
War truly drives innovation. Now that there's not a doughnut gap to close, no one wants to work on this problem.
>>
>>7600930
Cronuts you shitbag wtf!!!!? where the fuck have you been!
>>
>>7600948
We can only hope the Chinese are working on some truly innovative doughnuts. That might spur the US DoD in to restarting the Advanced Doughnut Research Agency.
>>
No.

Donut Innovation led to people putting strips of bacon on maple bars.
>>
>>7600937
>Over looking the usefulness of a powdered doughnut
Ok
>>
>>7601010
Does anyone really need a doughnut as powerful as the powdered sugar?
>>
File: 5265794361_739e475a16_b.jpg (490 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
5265794361_739e475a16_b.jpg
490 KB, 1024x1024
>>7600930

There is no improvement to be made; an original glazed and hot now krispy kreme is the perfect doughnut iibpfhwy m8
>>
Doughnuts were a mistake.
>>
File: 1447053007552.jpg (72 KB, 600x732) Image search: [Google]
1447053007552.jpg
72 KB, 600x732
>>
File: deliverance-.jpg (42 KB, 1384x586) Image search: [Google]
deliverance-.jpg
42 KB, 1384x586
They could try making the holes bigger.
>>
>>7601019
Yes, there are those who wish to destroy us with sugarbombs of ass-construction
>>
>>7601118
Diet-donuts: taking the donut to a hole new level.
>>
>>7600937
Underrated post
Also, OP is a filthy, shameful pleb
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.