[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two months ago i went vegetarian and ive gained weight. Am I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: me.jpg (594 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
594 KB, 2000x1000
Two months ago i went vegetarian and ive gained weight. Am I retarded?

I dont know how but i think it might be that i only eat beans and cheese. I thought i would be doing myself a favor. Im past the point of craving meat all the time so i probably wont switch back be cause the smell of most meats grosses me out for some reason now, i think its just because i havent had meat in a while so my body just wants to reject it or something. Im sure if i ate it i would like it but i see no point. Any tips? i really am putting on the pounds. And its not like i was healthy beforehand i use to eat mcdonalds all the time along with other fast food. As of today im just not eating until i figure out some sort of meal plan or new foods
>>
>>7600638
Wow. Beans, cheese and rice are very calorie dense. That's why people in poverty eat little of it and don't die.

If your looking to loose weight eat one main meal of rice, black beans and whatever veg you like, Peppers, broccoli, sweetcorn, carrot, radish, etc. Then eat salads with either very low cal (11-20 cal per 15g) or no dressing. Avoid avocado, avoid too much fruit and have 2-3 pieces a day.
>>
So you went vegetarian and didn't actually eat any vegetables? Am I getting that right?
Also beans and cheese make you fat.
>>
>>7600650
Everything can make you fat. Eating too much makes you fat.
>>
>>7600650
yes you are getting that right. but i have been eating some veggie soup my mother made for me. but i ate it for 2 day straight and got bored of it. its like>>7600647
im a picky eater now though before i would eat anything in front of me
>>
>>7600647
thanks a bunch! thi sis very helpful, ill probably make a trip to the store tomorrow for some new foods
>>
>>7600638
>it might be that i only eat beans and cheese

it 'might' be indeed. when I stopped eating meat I shortly after reached the highest weight I've ever had because of all the cheese. switching to veganism then made me drop weight because I didn't educate myself enough.

>do stir-fry
>leave out legumes
>don't use carbs of any sort

those dishes can be prepared in a grand variety of ways with different ingredients and sauces. they don't grow boring and you can consciously leave out anything that turns you fat or only just weighs you down. perfect for when you're hungry but there is stuff coming up where you don't want your average food coma
>>
>>7600661
i didnt mean to put that random reply in there
>>
>>7600665
thanks a lot! ill try to stray away from the carbs
>>
>>7600665
where are you getting your protein if you exclude legumes and carbs?
>>
>>7600676
I just meant to reply to OP who is concerned about gaining weight/is currently looking to lose weight. under normal circumstances I would add a can of chickpeas preferably, any other legume will do, and as side/thrown in use potatoes, rice, pasta, asian type noodles, quinoa, couscous etc.
>>
>>7600680
ah, gotcha
>>
>>7600638
>le "vegetarian diet makes you lose weight" meme

Carbohydrates are the main cause of the obesity epidemic you dump fuck
>>
>>7600701
that isn't true.
>>
>>7600701
okay i know i fucked up and im retarded please help me
>>
Cheese is unhealthy. Don't eat it. Same for eggs. Vegetarianism is removing the only animal products that are actually somewhat decent and replacing them with ones which are even unhealthier
>>
>>7600638
>Two months ago i went vegetarian
>Am I retarded?

Yes.
>>
>>7600638
I'm a vegan for ethical reasons but believe me when I tell you, being an omnivore is the easiest and healthiest way to be. Just cut down on shitty foods you dipshit
>>
>>7601013
>being an omnivore is the ... healthiest way to be
Studies say otherwise.

>muh b12
Farm animals get supplemented with it because they wouldn't be getting any either if they didn't supplement it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.