[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Induction heating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Would like to heat about 40 gallons of various liquids to around 172 degrees in a reasonable (<4 hours) amount of time.
>>
>>7600326
that's a lot... not possible in a "standard" kitchen, you need professional tools here like a big burner
>>
>>7600326
You need about 38000 kJ to heat that much water to 172F or about 11 kWh assuming no losses. You would need an induction stove capable of putting out at least 2750W. So yeah depending on induction stove it seems possible to achieve this under 4 hours.
>>
>>7600439
>>7600483
But that wasn't the question.
Please stay on topic.
>>
>>7600546
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>7600548
Well it technically wasn't, OP specified various liquids. Maybe he's talking about 20 gallons of horse semen, 10 gallons of pig's blood, 5 freshly squeezed fish mercury, 3 gallons of water, and 2 gallons various medication leached urine.
>>
>>7600546
There was no question.
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>7600546
Assuming you are OP you want to know about evaporating ethanol or making moonshine. Since OP/you are retarded and wont give enough information there was one perfectly fine answer here >>7600483. Without OP/you actually specifying the exact content in your mash and size of container it's a question that's impossible to answer using science. So the answer to the non-question in OP is still yes it's plausible to heat 40 gallons of various water based liquids to 172F under 4 hours using an induction stove.
>>
>>7600573
OP here. Specifically I am using fermented grains or fermented fruit (juice) that is actually mostly water and about a 10% ABV solution to extract alcohol at 190 proof or lower, in some cases.
The current (professional grade) burner I am using I use a 1/2 inch iron plate on top of, the plate gets to about 180-200 degrees fine, but I seem to be losing a lot of heat transferring to the bottom of the food grade (non magnetic stainless steel) barrel I am using which has a 3 inch column still on top of it.

I am not reaching 172 degrees in the column, seems like the burner I am using is not powerful enough.
>>
>>7601650
The current burner I am using is a 3500W Max Induction by Spring, USA if that helps more. I am pretty sure at this point, however, that I may need to go up to a 5000W unit in order to acheived the temps I need.
>>
>>7601653
>>7601650
I'm not familiar with cooking shine this way but I guess a stronger induction unit might help. Though it seems there is a significant loss in the heat transfer. I wouldn't buy a stronger unit unless I could test it first and then return it if the setup doesn't work out.
>>
>>7601785
Heh, normally I would throw my propane burner under the tank, but now that I have my license and am now legit, there are rules I have to follow - one of them being if I use gas or propane, I would have to add about $50,000 in air flow improvements to the building I am leasing, which I don't want to do, so I thought I would try induction. So far the experiment is costly and does not seem to be working very well.
>>
>>7601803
You'd probably need a food grade barrel with an iron core bottom to make an induction setup viable. And direct contact with the barrel. Throwing more watts at it and heating the iron plate hotter might help but as said that would be an expensive experiment.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.