[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every time I make pancakes I have a mental breakdown. Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Harvest_Grain_Nut_Pancakes.png (59 KB, 617x367) Image search: [Google]
Harvest_Grain_Nut_Pancakes.png
59 KB, 617x367
It literally always starts with pancakes.

>prep everything just fine
>heat pan, add oil, add batter
>pancake sticks to the pan
>what
>spend %250 of the pancakes recommended cooking time gently scraping underneath to keep it intact
>that works maybe once.
>entire pancake is undercooked on the other side.
>what
>Reset. Try again but lower heat
>same shit happens
>FUCKING HELL
>reset. Try again, with higher heat.
>same shit happens
>WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I MAKE A FUCKING PANCAKE!?
>Spirals out of control
>have panic attack about how useless and helpless I am

Every time.

Please help. Teach me how to perfectly cook pancakes so that this never happens again.
>>
Its annoying, but all I know is

>Don't mix too much
>Pan must be nonstick and NOT scratched up by metal utensils, if you need to get a new pan
>Use peanut oil. Just do it
>Don't fuck up
>>
Fucking teflon, nigger. How does it work?
>>
cook in oven on baking paper
>>
Wait tell your at leat ten years old before making a flajack.

You'll be fine after that OP

Only then, get a nonstick pan and put a light layer of real butter and cook on medium heat.
>>
>>7600271
>>7600276
Get a non-stick pan... Roger that.
>>
>>7600254
today i made pacakes for the first time.
Well they wherent pancakes but they where edible which means its my best attemp yet
>>
>>7600254
Pancakes are a shit food anyways. Just a vehicle for syrup.
>>
>>7600286
Pancakes are waffles for people who are too dickless to make crepes.
>>
>>7600294
what does that even mean
>>
>>7600297
Make a crepe or a waffle or eat a cupcake for breakfast if you can't cook a pancake.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 425x748) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 425x748
Senpai this is what i do
>heat pan medium high heat
>get a butter stick
>smear that shit over the hot pan from the center to the sides (nigger this is important, also teflon pans are GOAT for this kind of shit)
>Pour the batter mixture on the center slowly
>the mixture will start to form sort of bubbles. When the bubbles pop you turn it to the other side
>do not vary these steps until you know how to make a goddamn pancake like holy shit dude
>>
is butter really uncommon in usa or something
All my life theres been a 500g pack of butter in my fridge.
>>
>>7600335
You might be northern European but likewise.
>>
>>7600335
Its not uncommon. But more people buy margerine.
>>
File: 1427931402490.jpg (7 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1427931402490.jpg
7 KB, 160x160
>>7600254
Please tell me this is all a joke
>>7600304
This. The bubbles and lightening batter at the edges is a sure sign. How in the shit do you fuck up pancakes?
>>
Even just using a teflon pan is sufficient.

I always skip the butter when I make pancakes. Is the butter just there to prevent sticking or to add flavor?
>>
You simply need a new pan. I had this problem with omelettes a while back. Started to doubt my abilities and blame myself for the burntness scraping bits of egg away. Got a new pan and now perfect every time
>>
>>7600498
both. it adds a nice crispy layer of buttery goodness to your pancake.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.