[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know a good electrolyte drink that isn't full of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160307_165804.jpg (376 KB, 1024x1652) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_165804.jpg
376 KB, 1024x1652
Anyone know a good electrolyte drink that isn't full of sodium or sugar?
>pic not related
>>
>>7600011
water
>>
>>7600011
Pedialyte
>>
>>7600013
I don't think water has electrolytes
>>
>>7600016
So that would be good to drink if you had some bad diarrhea right
>>
>>7600019
All drinking water contains some mineral salts
Pure water will hospitalise you
>>
WHO IS THIS SEMEN DEMON
>>
>>7600011
BRAWNDO THE THIRST MUTILATOR

ITS GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE

>>7600013
like from the toilet?
>>
no cuz i'm not gay
>>
File: IMG_2947.jpg (181 KB, 540x518) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2947.jpg
181 KB, 540x518
>>7600011
Make Chef John's homemade sport drink.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kehS5f3Fe5I
>>
Just drink water if you want to get hydrated. An electrolyte drink, by definition, is a salty and usually sugary drink.

If you're poor and actually dehydrated enough to "need" electrolytes, just pour some salt and sugar into a bottle of water and chug it, I used to do that after races. At that point Gatorade or an off brand is pretty much acceptable. One moderately sugary drink after physical activity isn't bad. Pedialyte is low in sugar but ridiculously expensive.
>>
>>7600011
electrolytes are LITERALLY salts and sugars.
>>
mineral water
vegetable/mushroom broth
>>
>>7600011
check this shit out OP

http://www.lyteshow.com/pages/what-is-it
>>
Gatorade has a ton of potassium too, so logically you can load it up with 500mgs of table salt and it wouldn't harm you.
>>
>>7600091
>Pure water will hospitalise you
If you drink nothing but distilled water in huge quantities over an expanded period of time, yes.

However, drinking it every now and then is fine.

It's also fucking delicious.

-t. someone who irregularly drinks it as a treat.
>>
>>7600312
My cousin has a special glove that literally attatches her hand to 1g of water at all times. This exists. You need to try to kill yourself with water.
>>
>>7600031
or a hangover
>>
>>7600091
and who told you that big one?
>>
>>7600091
i love when i have to buy mineral water for a battery and i use like 4 ccs of it and i get to drink the remaining 1.8 litre
>>
>>7600343
fuck.. i mean distilled water
>>
File: 1438521248685.jpg (63 KB, 540x366) Image search: [Google]
1438521248685.jpg
63 KB, 540x366
>>7600317
>My cousin has a special glove that literally attatches her hand to 1g of water at all times
Care to elaborate on that?

But yeah, you can't really accidentally OD on water.

One case comes to mind. When the Nintendo wii first came out, some radio station somewhere had a competition called "wee for your wii" where people competitively drank water to see who could piss more or whatever.

Some bitch died of over hydration.
>>
Coconut water
>>
>>7600348
Stupidest contest and stupidest way to die I've ever heard of.
>>
i buy orange gatorade powder and just use crazy dilute amounts of it..

one $6 tub usually lasts me a year or more
>>
>>7600011
pocari sweat is breddy good
>>
>>7600348
Lol I know that station, it sucks.
>>
>>7600312
>It's also fucking delicious
It is, by definition, tasteless
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.