[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mexican rice and refried beans are probably the best side dish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: refried-beans.jpg (86 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
refried-beans.jpg
86 KB, 500x375
Mexican rice and refried beans are probably the best side dish ever created. What is the best recipe? I want one like in tex mex joints, not like shitty canned beans and rice o rooni
>>
Google salsa borracha and grill a steak then add the rice and beans on the side
>>
the carbs are too many
>>
I prefer to just melt some cheese on the beams with hot sauce like at taco bell
>>
>>7599496
>Mexican rice and refried beans are probably the best side dish ever created.

Whole wheat bread>rice
>>
File: food1.jpg (2 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
food1.jpg
2 MB, 2816x2112
>>7599625
I hate rice unless it's Mexican rice and refried beans. What's funny is that I don't particularly care for either the rice or the beans when eaten alone. I always mix them up together and they transform into the greatest taste and texture ever. If I have it I like to also mix in a spoonful of either red salsa or chili con queso, not too much. Then I eat it with chips instead of a spoon.

Culinary perfection.
>>
Also curious about the process for making refried beans. I've got a pot of half-cooked beans I'd like to make use of.
>>
>>7600066
fry em in oil and mash
>>
>>7600125
not him but what spices? also how to make it like a paste? the best been dip has no visible beans left in it, its straight bean paste. should I add vegetable stock or chicken stock for flavor?
>>
>>7600065
same, all she sides become dip and I love it
>>
>>7600131
cumin, garlic, onion and then cilantro and lime in the rice. I disagree about the puree, I like some chunks, but I guess you could process them...
>>
>>7600065
Fucking A anon, I miss that shit. I grew up in AZ eating tex mex food. I've lived in Mexico for well over a decade and if I want rice and beans, together on the same plate, I have to make it myself. They don't eat them together here, and they should, LOL .
>>
>>7600140
Fuck yes. My dad makes fun of me because he thinks rice and beans are just filler. To me its the best part of mexican food. The main item is usually nice and I'll change it up between different things but the beans and rice are where the real magic is. They're good just mixed together as a dip but they get really special when you have stuff to add to the mix like salsa, sour cream, pico de galo, chili con queso, or other stuff like maybe guacamole. I'll basically mix up everything on the table thats available and make this godly dip. Then I get made fun of, then I get made fun of again because nobody ate their rice and beans and I want to take them all home as leftovers.
>>
>>7600176
Thats very strange to me, why wouldn't they eat them together? IMO both are basically worthless without one another. I'll give a slight edge to beans because its still basically homemade bean dip. Do they eat refried beans with chips in mexico? I don't really see the point of eating it with a spoon, its a dip.
>>
>>7600185
I don't know the reasons why . Refried beans are usually eaten with warm tortillas, you either roll it up and dip or tear bite size pieces off and grab some beans with it.
what we grew up to think of as Mexican is a bit off of what reality is. I was suprised and a little disapointed in the food at first, because I expected texmex, but I have come around 100%.
Both are amazing for different reasons if done well
>>
>>7599496
>mexican rice and refried beans
>best side dish
That is incorrect my good sir. Mexican rice is bland and I've had it home-cooked and at restaurants. Bland as fuck. Refried beans are alright, but not best side dish.
>>
Tex mex is putting monterey jack cheese, cilantro and literally any type of peppers on anything. Don't kid yourself euros.
>>
>>7600316
I agree on both counts. It isn't until you mix them into a homogeneous mass of beany rice lump that it transcends flavor reality. Those 5/10 beans and 4/10 rices join forces to become a 9/10 side dish. But you have to mix them.
>>
>>7599496
Never use metal utensil with cast iron, it scars the seasoning. Never use cast iron with ceramic top range, it ruins the stove. Op is ignorant pleb. ...which shoulf make him expert at refried beans. Now im done sperging and will find out for sure. BRB with more sperging.
>>
wheres the chili
>>
Do you know what is better than mexican rice? White rice topped with mole sauce. I could go for week old mole sauce topped on rice right now desu
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.