[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lookie what I got my hands on today! Guide my hands, /ck/. Never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Lookie what I got my hands on today!

Guide my hands, /ck/. Never worked with them before.

What make?
>>
File: quail eggs.jpg (6 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
quail eggs.jpg
6 KB, 183x275
>>7599454
this is the goat way of eating them.
I can not justify any other use
>>
You should make some chocolate quail's eggs.

They go really well with fluffy ruffs.
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 240x156) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 240x156
>>7599454
>Guide my hands, /ck/
straight to the anus with them anon
post pics
>>
>>7599507

If this wasn't my home board I just might, you silly minx.
>>
>>7599454
How much were those?
>>
>>7599656
Not OP, but I can get a dozen for $1.50 at my nearest market.
>>
>>7599454
They're just little eggs. Nothing special about them. Do whatever you'd want to do with a tiny egg.
>>
>>7599656
>>7599661

Just over $2. I still consider that a bargain though.
>>
i would just scramble them in butter to get a reference point on hour they's different. you know how scrambled eggs taste normally, and this way you can compare and decide.

that or deviled eggs/get good bread and make the best egg salad sandwhiches that ever existed.
>>
I just want eggs in smaller portion sizes for my personal morning soup.
>>
poach one
>>
>>7599751
This, poach in rice wine vinegar, this is the godliest way to make eggs.
>>
Hard boiled and some salt.
>>
Open and Drop it raw in warm sake. Amazing.
>>
They're just eggs.

Relatively more yellow compared to chicken eggs, but still just eggs.

Raising your own Quail is fun.
Pretty low maintenance creatures.
>>
poach for 3:40. Soft-poached, peel. use as toppings so you can look fancy.

>well-done steak
>ketchup
>soft-poached quail egg cut in half

It's the way forward
>>
File: IMG_2986.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2986.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Morning gentlemen,

This morning I decided to do a little taste test. Two chicken eggs, and two quail eggs cooked differently.
Method one was a scrambled egg, no seasoning. Method two was sunny side up egg, no seasoning.
Results were this: They both tasted like eggs... BUT!... not without two very subtle differences that I noticed.

The first difference is when I tasted only the egg whites on the sunny side up batch. The egg whites of the chicken egg had a very, very slight sour taste to them. I attribute this to chicken eggs being low in alkaline; the sour taste disappears when you add a stabilizing agent like salt. The quail egg white didn't have that sour taste to it, it just tasted like a normal egg white. No gammy flavors were detected.

The second difference was in tasting the yolks on the sunny side up batch. The quail egg tasted almost as if it were lightly (very lightly) salted, where the chicken egg yolk--while still delicious--had a more neutral and unseasoned taste. The lack of sour in the first difference, and the slightly seasoning taste in the second leads me to hypothesize that quail eggs have a slightly higher sodium content than chicken eggs. I say hypothesize because I have no prior experience in their taste and this is just an initial assessment that may change with more testing.

The same results were detected with the scrambled eggs too. The quail egg had a more natural seasoning to it than the chicken egg did. Based on this, when I cook quail eggs in the future my seasoning of them versus my seasoning of chicken eggs will be not as heavy on the salt.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rhTIdezXN0

remember 4k
>>
>>7601354
post more street food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9ahyPmDb7c
>>
>>7601345
How did you fried the egg so perfectly? I allways mess up and i really want to know.
>>
>>7601460

It's actually a pretty easy method. Get your pan nice and ready and throw about a tsp of butter in there. Once it's coated everything put down your egg and add a tbsp of water in there, then cover it with a lid. The water cooks off into steam, and that's what will finish off the top side of your egg. Process only takes about a minute from start to finish.
>>
>>7601471
I found the best way to do them is with a lid, but never thought abiout the water, will try, thnx anon.
>>
>>7599454
Incubate them, there's a small chance you'll get a cute quail pet out of one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPOnn9EBX74
>>
>>7601490

Oh man, this is so tempting. Unfortunately I don't have the space to do this currently. Maybe in the future though!
>>
>>7601541
You should, Quails are surprisingly low maintenance and well behaved so they're not a lot of trouble. They don't require a lot of space and feed either.
>>
>>7601490
>>7601541
Just buy those eggs from a breeder.
Or buy young Quails directly.

>>7601546
Quails are so easy, the time it takes for the eggs to hatch and those Quails to hatch eggs and their children coming out is slightly shorter than the time it takes for a germinated tomato seedling to produce ripe fruit.

There are also a lot of Quail forums and info online and the people are helpful.
They need higher protein food than chickens.
>>
File: 20160322_162802.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160322_162802.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>7599454
Make nigiri with ikura and the raw yolk
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.