[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on cast iron, /ck/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Cast-Iron-Pan.jpg (2 MB, 3900x1850) Image search: [Google]
Cast-Iron-Pan.jpg
2 MB, 3900x1850
Redpill me on cast iron, /ck/.
>>
File: nothin personnel.png (504 KB, 698x760) Image search: [Google]
nothin personnel.png
504 KB, 698x760
Why can't you millennial hipsters be happy with teflon jesus christ
>>
>>7597233
>he doesn't use cast iron
>calling others millennials

haha
Growing up, my mother used nothing but cast iron. I learned to cook on cast iron. Tried "non-stick" pans recently only to find that they're absolute garbage.
>>
>>7597216
cast iron may be heavy but way worth it and only thing that trumps it are copper pans
>>
>>7597216
it gets hot and stays hot

i cooked off some chorizo the other day and i bet that pan is still hot as the fucking sun.
>>
>>7597233
>teflon
because cancer.
>>
>>7597255
Lol

>>7597216
There's enough normie articles online that will tell you everything about it, coming here for that sort of info will just get you conflicting opinions. Cast iron is great but it has it's limits. There's problems with acidic foods and some stocks, but most people just use a skillet and if if they do have a pot its used for stews, soups, and sauces in large quantities. Personally I use my pot for bread, makes a great dutch oven
>>
File: 9zI5sCtOtbJf3MSai626XQ.jpg (10 KB, 290x193) Image search: [Google]
9zI5sCtOtbJf3MSai626XQ.jpg
10 KB, 290x193
Good work horse, will last you forever. Good for frying chicken, making cornbread and other things that require a banjo.

Fajitas were once served to me by a midget with the little mitt used to hold the cast iron skillet literally on fire. It was a weird Christmas.
>>
good for meat and fish bad for everything else.
>>
>>7597216
Cast iron has its limits. It's not so good for acidic foods. And you have to take care of it. But it's great for high heat cooking, frying and even dry roasting nuts and spices. If you do a lot of that kind of cooking cast iron will be satisfying to own.
>>
>>7597773
except white fish, it flakes the fuck out
>>
cast iron is completely fine for acidic foods and can be used to great effect on pretty much everything else DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH IT.

if you are baking or searing or briefly stir frying something, a preheated cast iron pan is perfect.
>>
>>7597799
Overcooking detected
>>
it's p good for triggering /ck
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.