[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of macro beer to you get when it's the only options?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11
File: bud.jpg (208 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
bud.jpg
208 KB, 1200x630
What kind of macro beer to you get when it's the only options? I mean like when you go to a baseball game, backyard bbq, or big concert. Basically the kind of situation where you want beer but theres only dad-tier pisswater. I think original Budweiser is the best dad-beer. Unlike most of the light beers it does have a small amount of flavor. It isn't a particularly good flavor but it almost tastes like beer. I find it inoffensive and somewhat good if there isn't anything else.
>>
>>7597062
I like PBR or Coors Light.
>>
File: 18200002663.jpg (99 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
18200002663.jpg
99 KB, 600x600
>>7597062

I honestly like these quite a bit.

I usually bring a Stella 6 pack or Fat Tire to share and people act like I'm a god or something.
>>
>>7597075
>stella
>macro
>>
>>7597062

>when it's the only option

How long have you been a shut-in, OP? Macro is never the only option, unless maybe you're visiting someone's grandpa, in which case it's customary to bring your own beer.

The last time I had to drink macro in over a decade was at a flyover wedding, but fortunately I smoke and had a flask of whiskey in my car in the parking lot.
>>
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or Sam Adams if it's really the only option.
>>
Probably Corona, because Dom Toretto is mah fictional nigga.
>>
>>7597094
Are you fucking retarded?>>7597094
>>
>>7597062
pbr or miller

>>7597094
ruining the point of the thread
>>
There's a pretty strong "support local craftbrew" scene on top of an already strong "support local business" vibe going on here so I never have to reduce myself to macrobrew even at The Big Game.
>>
>>7597075
BL with lime is like a beery soda pop. Love it.

My macro of choice is either Miller Lite or Kirin Ichiban, which is surprisingly popular where I live. I honestly prefer them to the bullshit hoppy IPAs that are all the rage right now.
>>
I unabashedly like leinenkugel, tasty fun beers for home or office use. Also that shandy at a hot concert or something pretty refreshing desu.
>>
>>7597094
lmao if anyones a shut in here it's you. you're telling me you've never been in a situation where macro brew was the only option? you've never gone golfing at a shitty golf course where the clubhouse had bud heavy and miller lite? You've never shot pool at 3 a.m. in your friends motorcycle shop with an icechest of budweiser and Busch? you've never been to a punk show on the bad side of town where if you pay a $5 cover you can drink all the keg beer you can stomach? I'm not shut in, I will drink the beer that's offered. Where are you from, faggot.
>>
>>7597088
>Stella
>owned bu Budweiser
>not macro
Fug off idiot
>>
Becks
>>
>>7597062
PBR. Also maybe Budweiser.
The only thing I like about Budweiser (and Bud Light) is that it's the only other macro that doesn't give me nasty hangovers/headaches/stomachaches or irritate my sinuses. PBR also doesn't fuck me up but is cheaper and tastes better, but unfortunately it's a little less common in bars/restaurants from what I've seen.
>>
>>7597148
dude punk show with 1$ PBRs

awesome
>>
>>7597148

I've moved around, and have never been golfing or shooting pool at 3am and only had shit water macros.

I'll give you the punk show point, but I stopped hanging out with that crowd pretty long ago - it gets pretty fucking depressing when you get older.
>>
File: tims.jpg (93 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
tims.jpg
93 KB, 1000x563
>>7597062

Dr Tim's, though I haven't not seen a craft option at a concert or festival in 3 or so years. Kind of expected if your want the beards and flannelette money.
>>
File: 1396252190987.jpg (165 KB, 1483x704) Image search: [Google]
1396252190987.jpg
165 KB, 1483x704
>>7597062
>>
>>7597171
yah, in the future
just dont post this kind of response

thanks
>>
>>7597185
Coopers is a pretty good brewery. One of the only decent Australian beers I've found in the US.
>>
File: 04082014.jpg (130 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
04082014.jpg
130 KB, 800x600
>>7597282

I completely agree, though it's made around the corner so bias plays its part. They do what they do well and thankfully haven't jumped on the APA, IPA, weizen band-wagons so you're more or less drinking what your granddad was drinking, which is nice.

Plus their focus on home-brewing support and products is practically unheard of from such a large brewery.
>>
File: Grainbelt_16_oz0711.jpg (352 KB, 468x974) Image search: [Google]
Grainbelt_16_oz0711.jpg
352 KB, 468x974
>>
>>7597151
Technically Bud is owned by Stella. Your point is right though, macro trash.
>>
Strictly speaking macros, as in, Im getting a crate in, honestly probably grab a 24 of bud too. It just goes down so easy.
Depending on the occasion, and or deals in the offy at the time, could well get cheap 12 of dirty Becks, or 3 crisp 660ml Cobras.
>>
File: annonsgrangesberg_300.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
annonsgrangesberg_300.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
>>7597062
in Sweden we have this beer, not super comon but it apears in most bars and its a regular lager and its quite tasty!
its called Grängesberg.
>>
>>7597062
Fresh macro bought right by the factory is pretty good. Miller tastes way better in Mwakee, and out here in Oakland, Bud ain't bad cuz its made right up by Sactown. Find out which macro is made closest to you.

And make sure it's union made and union delivered.
>>
>>7597979
wheres miller made in sac?
I know that big bud factory in fairfield but i didnt know about miller as well
>>
>>7597094
>he's never been to a party
>>
>>7598018

>he goes to shitty parties
>>
>>7598027
>has no friends
>>
>>7598031

>has friends that would actually order a keg of swill
>>
>>7598037
eh its a fun party atmosphere

not drinking the beer for the taste bud
>>
File: sainsburysbeers.png (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
sainsburysbeers.png
1 B, 486x500
>pleb hipster mood
Red Stripe

>pleb English football hooligan mood
Carlsberg

>pure pleb just-drunk-me-up no pretense mood
huge multipacks of supermarket brand mini 'belgian'/'french' lagers
>>
>>7597073
This. I can't really do PBR as much anymore, it's just too heavy in the stomach.
>>
>>7598194
You're an English lager drinker and you don't drink polish? For shame
>>
>>7597062
Budweiser original
>>
File: BBC-bottle-pour[1].jpg (248 KB, 505x700) Image search: [Google]
BBC-bottle-pour[1].jpg
248 KB, 505x700
They're discontinuing it which is a bummer. Been snatching up cases when I can.
>>
>>7597062
Heineken or at worst, Miller lite
Growing up micro brews didn't really exist or if they did they weren't served in my local bars. The closest thing to micro brew you could find was Sam adams
>>
>>7598194

8 packs??? 10 packs??? 250ml bottles???

You Brit cucks have got to know thats just wrong man...On my continent, out cans are 473ml...a manly sized drink for men...
>>
File: busch.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
busch.jpg
1 B, 486x500
Busch all the way baby.
>>
I never drink lager, Guinness is always a fall back.
Tsing tao out of a bottle if it's the only option.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.