[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheap snacks for work.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: onigiri.jpg (118 KB, 1399x951) Image search: [Google]
onigiri.jpg
118 KB, 1399x951
So I am in a predicament.
>good job
>temporary accommodation till new apartment in a few months
>kitchenette - no cooking appliances. Can't "cook" by agreement
>have ricecooker and crockpot that does most of the work.

I am looking at some semi-healthy but mainly easy to make filling snacks for work, and I was thinking of learning how to make onigiri or similar.

Anyone experienced in these that could lend some advise and or preferred fillings/flavours?

I don't have access to furikake, however I am going to take a drive to the local asian grocer/minimart that might stock it.

Not a big fan of canned tuna either, but some of the more expensive brands flavoured kinds are acceptable (I've owned far too many cats, it tastes fine, but the smell gets me).

Save me /ck/ from a terrible few months of sandwiches.
>>
>>7597008
what the fuck kind of living situation are you in where you're not allowed to make food?
>>
File: Harvest-Snaps-8519.jpg (179 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Harvest-Snaps-8519.jpg
179 KB, 630x420
I don't know man.

Snacks general?
>>
Jelly donuts aren't exactly healthy
>>
>>7597008
Well this isn't exactly a snack, but might work too. http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/04/crockpot-thai-peanut-chicken-recipe.html
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>7597874
>>
>>7597008
couldn't you just make some kind of stew/lentils in the crockpot and subplant your carbs with rice?
>>
Gimbab. Look it up on Google for the recipes, it's literally the easiest thing on earth to make and still be yummy and nutritious.
>>
buy a plastic food container, small bottle (100ml), make salad, put dressing in bottle/jar, bag of croutons and you have great lunch with you.
Also pack rice and some veggie sauce in ur portable "plate" aka lunch box. Corn chips, sliced apples, dry grapes, jerky. Canned soup if you have options to reheat in work place. Cup noodles once a week if needed.
>>
buy electric kettle to boil eggs
>>
>>7597008
Rinse the tuna 3 times. First with water second with lemon juice and again with water. Smell mostly gone.
>>
>>7597874
underrated
>>
>>7597874
they're fucking rice balls you blind idiot
>>
File: thejoke.png (678 B, 125x49) Image search: [Google]
thejoke.png
678 B, 125x49
>>7599736
>>
>>7599736

this must be reverse-bait

I won't fall for it~
>>
>>7599746
That's not the joke going over his head. It's just a reference. If you don't know the reference there isn't a joke there, it's not like he wasn't clever enough to get it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.