[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a light (no cast iron), shallow non-stick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
I'm looking for a light (no cast iron), shallow non-stick pan primarily for making eggs and breakfast potatoes. I adjust the eggs with a fork, so teflon isn't an option. Is ceramic any good? Never used it.
>>
>>7596637
Sure, knock yourself out, champ.
>>
>>7596637
Why cant you just buy a nylon turner?
>>
>>7596637
Calphalon's Signature and Elite lines of cookware can be used with metal utensils. Or you could just not be an idiot and buy a plastic spatula.
>>
>>7596637

>i adjust the eggs with a fork

Just because you saw Pepin do it that way doesn't mean it's the best way.

Just buy a shitty $5 nonstick for your dedicated egg pan; if that's all you use it for it's not going to make any difference one way or another if you can actually cook. Buy a 50 cent pack of 200 plastic forks if you insist on using a fork for whatever reason.

Otherwise just go with cast iron or carbon steel if you want something you can be rough with.
>>
File: 1434317125538.jpg (17 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
1434317125538.jpg
17 KB, 263x263
>>7596736
>Otherwise just go with cast iron or carbon steel if you want something you can be rough with.
>be rough with
>pan destroyed when it comes in contact with water
>>
File: 12043_410920661_hr.jpg (380 KB, 1600x2000) Image search: [Google]
12043_410920661_hr.jpg
380 KB, 1600x2000
>>7596745
>leaving your pan in water for more than an hour
>>
>>7596745

>pan destroyed when it comes in contact with water

Sounds like someone asked for a fancy pan for his birthday, and then got upset when he threw it in the sink for his mom to wash the next morning.
>>
>>7596758
Anyone who has so much as LOOKED at a cast iron pan even once in the last 25 years deserves to be crucified, drawn and quartered, followed by burning until their corpse is reduced to ashes. The ashes should be launched into deep space to avoid contaminating any valuable property by which I mean any property whatsoever since even a superfund site is infinitely more valuable than the life of a cast iron sperg. Also their children should be given the same treatment, assuming they were functional enough to reproduce, which is almost inconceivable.

I am not even being facetious.
>>
>>7596769
your and idiot
>>
>>7596769

Do you even cook?
>>
>>7596769
Why the hate?
Just meme hate?
I like my cast iron pans.
I have 3.
>>
>>7596769
So you left a pan in the sink, huh?
>>
>>7596787

>Just meme hate?

It's Summer, so yes...

Gotta learn to live with the 14 year old's for the next 3 months, or however long.
>>
>>7596792
It's April, dawg.
>>
>>7596736
Pepin is always the best way. I genuinely like doing it with a fork though, I guess I can look into high quality plastic forks
>>
if you have a nice nonstick pan invest in a nice silicone flipper.
ive got one like this, wont scratch or melt and has a stainless handle
>>
Ceramic is great if you cook with some kind of oil every time. If you insist on a coat of "season" smooth enough to treat it like non-stick it's not so great. Everything I'm using now is ceramic.
>>
>>7597051
Why is this an issue ? Does OP think the spatula will give him ass cancer or something?
>>
>>7597203

You gotta clean spatulas often if you eat as many eggs as I do, so I use a fork because it offers me good control and I have a ton of them so I can just grab a new one each time
>>
>>7597220
What kind of eggs do you make?
>>
>>7597223
Also, it sounds like you'll just waste as much time cleaning forks and a heavy pan to clean and put away is annoying.
>>
>>7597223
omelettes and over easy mostly. forks I can just put in the washer and it will get cleaned eventually, the pan I wipe off with a paper towel
>>
>>7596769
it's actually retarded
>>
>>7597257
This is what I prefer when cooking eggs on a pan that hasn't been wrecked by the night crew (fucking idiots)
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 501x951) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 501x951
>>7597257
This is good and easy on your pan, you can easily wipe it clean with a towel

but if you like to fork your eggs up then I can't help you.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.