[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you will never be an 18th century farmer in the English
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: BXSP01H_ploughmans-lunch_s4x3.jpg (834 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
BXSP01H_ploughmans-lunch_s4x3.jpg
834 KB, 1440x1080
>tfw you will never be an 18th century farmer in the English countryside
>tfw you go to the pub with your lads after a long morning of ploughing
>tfw you will never reinvigerate yourself on a hardy meal of cheese, cold meats, pickled veggies and bread washed down with a couple of pints

Anybody else know this feel?
>>
You can still do this, but with different modern occupations.
>>
>>7596563
no, fuck off.

sage
>>
>>7596569

>this

Plus you can live until 70 and not have to worry about disease
>>
>>7596563
The plougman's lunch is a fabrication of door-to-door cheese salesmen of the 1960s. I'm sorry you got hoodwinked, but it's time you accepted reality.

Honestly do you think a lowly fucking plougman could have afforded a huge ass spread of fucking stilton and the finest sliced charcuterie washed down with some meme ale or LBV port? Fuck no. He ate millet porridge and if lucky, maybe it was flavored with pork fat, but probably not. Definitely nothing nice to drink, either. Perhaps bathtub gin.
>>
>>7596563

Joke's on you, used to work on a farm and we went to the pub for lunch and a few beers on the reg
>>
>>7596563
>reinvigerate
>yew wil neva b ae aeelitrat peezant
>yew wil neva kom hom tew ae soopa of kold meet an bred
>yew wil neva dye ov untreeted gingivites wen ur 33
>>
>>7596563
Sign me up.
>>
>>7596563
>cold meats
you know they didn't have refrigeration, and could not afford meat right?
You can thank America for those
>>
I fucking love Spam.
>>
>>7596563
>he wants to be a pleb serf, literally

kek
>>
>>7596693
They did cure meats, though.
>>
I've been experiencing some regret lately that I'll never wake up before dawn to a country breakfast consisting of foods I've worked to grow before heading out for a day on the ranch.

Though I've also been pining for a shitty breakfast of burnt sausage, overdone toast, bitter black coffee, and poorly cooked eggs, eaten in a roadside diner at dawn. I dunno what it all means.
>>
>>7596868
You hate but envy your father, and never were close to your mother.
>>
>>7596868
i think you might just like breakfast friendo
>>
>>7596693

>what is garde manger

never post again, ignorant fuck
>>
>>7596581
What a complete load of Rubbish.
It may have been named and promoted by the Cheese Marketing board but the simple Lunch has existed for centuries.

Cheese, Bread, Apple, Pork pie, pickle. Washed down with beer or cider.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.