[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see a lot of threads where people appear to genuinely enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: 18k39pnl0wrmijpg.jpg (57 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
18k39pnl0wrmijpg.jpg
57 KB, 410x308
I see a lot of threads where people appear to genuinely enjoy and look forward to eating fast food meals (Jimmy Johns, McDonalds, Chick-A-Filla, and so on).

What I would like to know is: how do people end up like this? Do you grow up eating fast food? Was it an everyday thing or just once in a while? Did your parents force you to eat it? Did you eat it at home, or at the fast food restaurant?

I apologize for making yet another fast food thread, but it's been bothering me lately.
>>
File: IMG_0037.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Man, fuck you and your pretentious shit.

I've dined at some of the finest 3 Michelin star restaurants across the fucking world and you're just a fucking prick.

It's fucking tasty for fuck's sake! Is it elegant? No. Is it refined? No! But it's salty, greasy and savory -- it hits all the notes that something has to be good. It's a bombardment of fat and salt; it's incredibly satisfying.

I didn't grow up on it -- my family maybe at fast food twice a month at most.
>>
>>7596478
I've been to some one and two star joints, but I don't know what that has to do with anything. I never said food had to be expensive. Are you one of those people who has no ability to taste the difference between good quality ingredients and shit-tier ingredients, so he has to use some external standard of quality like michelin stars and parker points to tell him what's good?
>>
>>7596417
>Was it an everyday thing or just once in a while?

Fast food was a treat for us, we didn't have it very often as a kid. My parents really tried hard to have homecooked meals together as a family whenever we could.
>>
It's quick and it tastes good in bad for the health way. Not every meal has to be an Experience.
>>
my mother always cooked for us.
I eat it when the uni cafeteria doesn't offer anything good.
dunno I like it
>>
>>7596532
look, fantastic food remains fantastic. but saying fast food is shit is just wrong. I fucking love McDonald's french fries. I enjoy most of their menu. But it's not highbrow. It's nothing special, just salt and fat.
>>
>>7596417
>it's been bothering me lately.
Lol
>>
>>7596668
the fries I could believe, "most of their menu" seems like a stretch.

I think you are just digging in your heels because you feel that it is somehow more "ethical" to defend people who eat shitfood. strange, but if you want to do that be my guest.
>>
I have had a wide variety of foods in my life but I still like fast food. It provides a reliable experience. Everything is made in those perfect combos that satisfy you. And they don't skimp. and it's cheap. also my mom has always been a health nut so maybe it was an escape from that. I think I like fast food more than the rest of my family. Because it's substantial and I don't care about all the daintiness and frills of trendy restaurants. Not to say I don't like locally owned restaurants, there are a lot of good ones.
>>
>>7596676
i've had bad mcchickens and heavenly mcchickens

its a gamble but its worth it for that one perfect mcchicken
>>
I'm a busy woman, so what?
Suck a dick, don't tell me how to live my life, buddy!
>>
>>7596701
>I'm not fat I'm big boned
>>
>>7596726
shawty thick from that GMO chicken
>>
If you live in a good city you get cash fast food places like Popeyes and In N Out.
>>
>>7596738
I don't understand this post, is it black slang for something?
>>
>>7596743
I see Popeyes in the black parts of town. Nothing you say will convince me that it's not shit-tier garbage.
>>
Grew up eating homecooked meals where fast food was an occasional treat. Now I live alone and I know how to cook, but fast food is just an easy and quick thing that's tasty that I get when I'm too lazy or depressed to cook and wash the dishes. I guess I have it often enough now that I crave that salty fatty goodness.
>>
>putting mcdonalds and jimmy johns in the same category
shiggydiggyshiggydiggydoo
>>
If you eat fake food long enough, real food tastes weird and wrong to you. It took me forever to start eating authentic Mexican and Chinese, because I was so used to Taco Bell and PF Chang.
>>
>>7596744
This girl is thick from the Genetically Modified Organism. This statement was likely made in jest.

Captcha needs to get the fuck over bodies of water, rivers, beaches, and the rest of this shit.
>>
Some joints have some really nice burgers, which have all the right amount of fat and grease. I by no means grew up on fast food, and for the most part, I don't really enjoy fast food, but burgers are the exception. There's a difference between a fancy burger and a fast food burger. Unless they're from McDonald's, a fast food burger is usually big, filling and tasty, and the satisfaction comes from this inner human desire to eat like a pig. Fancy burgers are great for trying new things, but don't normally have that timeless flavour that, say, a Five Guys burger does.
>>
>>7596417

I look forward to it precisely because I don't eat it often. I'll eat fast food maybe once a month, so after a whole month of fairly healthy and reasonable eating chomping into a greasy as fuck Baconator is truly something wonderful.
>>
>>7596417
Fuck... those kids are most definitely gonna die before I do...
>>
>>7596417
i eat fastfood because im lazy and work to much, in my country(sweden) fast food isnt that cheap but i still order out most of the week.
But when i hang out with my family we usually go to a really nice restaurant and i enjoyt the shit out of it just because my meals during workdays are fast food. not shitting on fast food though, but its nothing special, i know what i get and its reliable.
>>
>>7596417
Enjoying food that isn't fast is the departure from normal.

Fast food is literally catered to human instinct. Salt, fat, cheap, fast, easy. It's not nuanced, it's not thoughtful, it's pure everything that humans like.

People enjoy fast food for those simple reasons. Learning to disregard instinct and hating fast food requires mental rigor and knowledge about the future health problems that occur. If every fast food item served today somehow became magically healthy, people would eat it in droves.

The people that actually dislike fast food are the people whose bodies have normalized to lower amounts of all the salt, fat, and shit in fast food so that eating such food causes a shock to the body. This is something that requires actually tempering one's body by diet for most people. Normally, most people just have it, enjoy it, and don't see how anybody could possibly be averse to the taste. There's a reason fast food restaurants have consistently dominated for decades.

It's only recent trends and social media that have made the health problems so glaringly apparent that some of the more major fast food chains are finally taking a hit. This is why you see young college hipsters flocking to Chipotle. Which gives a veneer of healthier than McDonalds, but isn't really anything special.
>>
>>7597994
How does it feel to be born after 9/11?

These kids are probably so old now they've already lost the weight, put it back on, and taken it off by now.
>>
>>7598066
>People enjoy fast food for those simple reasons

Nah, that's an awful lot of overjustification.

It's shit food. Some people like it because they were raised eating worse. If your "dinner" came out of a kraft box and your lunches were generic bologna on wonderbread then a big hamburger sure seems like a treat by comparison. OTOH, if you ate actually decent food then fast food tastes like arse by comparison.

>chipotle
While I'm not a fan, it really IS something special in the world of fast food because all their ingredients (except tortillas) are actually made fresh, on site, every day. The vast majority of fast food is overprocessed glop made in some factory a thousand miles away and then reheated to order.
>>
>>7598084

I like how you try to disagree with him then in the next paragraph agree with him by saying exactly what he said.
>>
>>7596417

fast food is just a guilty pleasure for most people

I mean fast food recipes are honed over a long period of time to simply taste good
>>
>>7598086
>agree with him by saying exactly what he said.

How so? I never said a word about "health" in my post. I was talking about the taste, texture, and appearance of the food. I made no comments whatsoever about "health". Why is your reading comp so poor?
>>
>>7598096

He said

>The people that actually dislike fast food are the people whose bodies have normalized to lower amounts of all the salt, fat, and shit in fast food so that eating such food causes a shock to the body.

Then you said

>Some people like it because they were raised eating worse. If your "dinner" came out of a kraft box and your lunches were generic bologna on wonderbread then a big hamburger sure seems like a treat by comparison. OTOH, if you ate actually decent food then fast food tastes like arse by comparison.

These statements are in complete agreement.
>>
Jimmy Johns is the shiznit. the best roast beef ive ever tasted and im loves them cherry peppers.
>>
>>7598100
>These statements are in complete agreement.

Well, then perhaps I wasn't very clear.

I didn't mean to imply anything about the relative amounts of fat and salt. A lot of classic cooking contains just as much fat and salt as fast food does. The relative amounts of fat and salt are irrelevant to my point.

IMHO, the problem with fast food is that the ingredients tend to be shit quality: watery out-of-season tomatoes, bland lettuce, the cheapest possible meats. Very little of it is prepared fresh--it's cooked in a factory somewhere and then re-heated. Those factors are reasons why fast food will always behind proper cooking.

It's got nothing to do with "a shock to the body"; it's simply that the food tastes worse or better than what people are used to.
>>
>>7598112
>It's got nothing to do with "a shock to the body"; it's simply that the food tastes worse or better than what people are used to.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
>>
>>7596743
Popeyes is good shit, bit In N Out? Do you like the blandest, shittiest fires ever made?
>>
>>7598120

To me "shock to the body" implies a medical problem. It suggests causing nausea, cramps, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, or other obviously abnormal symptoms. Nothing whatsoever to do with "taste".
>>
File: dumbest shit.jpg (30 KB, 312x321) Image search: [Google]
dumbest shit.jpg
30 KB, 312x321
>>7596749
>black people eat it, so it's bad

If you've never even tried it, how would you know? It's basically fried chicken and shrimp, their mashed potatoes and fries aren't bad either and a hot biscuit usually comes with a meal
>>
>>7598132

That's not how I took it from the anon who said it. I read it just as something jarring and not what you are used to.
>>
>>7596417
Tis' really funny OP. My parents really really antagonized fast food and were staunchly anti-american.

Being able to finally have it occasionally after years of leftist Europoor food was fucking awesome.

I still love to have a Burger. Must say that making that shit yourself is way more tasty though since the fast food chains use crappy meat.
>>
File: doublesad.png (165 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
doublesad.png
165 KB, 700x500
For me it is 100% nostalgia.
Back when my little brother was in hospital we visited him every other day and my parents would always get me a happy meal from the McDonalds across the street. Anyway I would always put the toy into his bedroom for when he came back.

He never came back. So, my parents decided to 'preserve' his room and wouldn't let me in to get my happy meal toys. I remember I got so bitter that I ran in one night and smashed everything in my brothers bedroom and wiped shit on the floor then took my happy meal toys. My dad beat the shit out me me for it.

Anyway, now whenever I go to McDonalds I get a happy meal and drive to the local hospital to throw the toys at the cancer wards windows at night to keep them awake. I want them to die sooner because my brother ruined my relationship with my parents.
>>
>>7598769
0/10
>>
>>7596417
hehe, this pic was in a schoolbook i had when i was like 12 years old
>>
after 3 months of no fast food nothing hits the spot like some long john silver's heart attack fish and chicken with those little bits of fried crunchy shit
>>
Here in Quebecistan, there is a tradition of independent fast food joints (cantines), some of which use quality meats and other ingredients sourced locally. There is a special place in my heart for this kind of food, which is of good quality, but still fast food. I never eat fast food from the big chains when every city, town and village in the province has more than one cantine serving at least decent fast food.
>>
/ck/ seems to have many more amerifats posting than other boards. they literally do eat fast food every day and genuinely like it,

it's a shame. food and cooking need separate boards.
>>
>>7601159

I think shitting on Americans should have it's own board so that we could have 70% less baitposting on /ck/ desu.

inb4 butthurt Amerifat. I'm Norwegian.
>>
>>7601182
White is white. White people ruin food.
t.Malaysian-Chinese
>>
>>7601212

dog eater
>>
>>7601229
Coming from a race that thinks lutefisk is '''food'''' it's pretty amusing that you should have a problem with eating dog meat.
>>
>>7601212
why would a chink breed with a subhuman malaysian?
>>
>>7601243
They are both subhuman chink races wwithh smarr dicks, bad breath and poor morals. Same shit different pile
>>
>>7601241

you didn't even deny it omg you've eaten pupper haven't you
>>
>>7596417
My family was never really together so yeah I grew up on it cause it was fast and cheap
>>
>>7596749
Dude have you had KFC?? No Popeyes is honestly amazing. Their chicken is really good and so is the seafood. The only thing better is Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles and that is even MORE of a black thing
>>
>>7601212
>Malaysian-Chinese

My current favourite Asian cuisine. I eat from a MC restaurant almost every week.
>>
>>7601257
If you wouldn't leap at the opportunity to try dog meat, horse meat, etc, you are a picky little bitch who should stick to his tendies and ranch.
>>
>>7601182
Jævla kuksuger
>>
>>7601277
This. We are the top of the food chain for a reason
>>
>>7601277

oh right we should eat horrible tasting meat butchered by yellow devils to experience their 'culture' fuck off hippie.
>>
>>7601310
>implying your factory farmed arsenic chicken is any better than a golden retriever
>>
>>7601310

>hippie

hippies often don't eat any meat, much less controversial meat like dog.

>captcha says select all food
>four plates of food selected
>wanted to also select the picture of a pitbull sitting on a sofa
>>
File: lutefisk.jpg (80 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
lutefisk.jpg
80 KB, 600x399
>>7601212

To be fair, I do think our national fare is pretty awful.

pic related
>>
>>7601326
you must be new here, food that isn't tendies and ranch is "PETA vegan shit"
>>
>>7601338

sorry I haven't kept up with the latest shit-memes. I got lost at /pol/-style racebait two months ago.
>>
I had fast food on one occasion as we were driving through the states. Don't think I ever went to a fast food restaurant except for using the toilet otherwise as a child.

As a teenager I've been to fast food restaurants a few times but not really that often either. That's how it's been up to now.

Whenever I go to fast food restaurant such as mcdonalds or burger king I feel like a degenerate for some reason. It's not the food, it's just that I for some irrational reason feel like a degenerate who
>>
>>7601387

So you're a pretentious twat.
>>
They're either idiots or marketers. Fast food is disgusting no matter where it's from and in no way justifies its price no matter how inexpensive.

If you eat fast food for any reason you are a stupid, lazy shit.
>>
>>7596417
Rush of sugar and fats. I get fast food occasionally after a long day of working or drinking and can't be bothered to cook.
>>
>>7601625
Wouldn't you rather get that rush of sugar and fats from something delicious, though?
>>
>>7601627
It's all a matter of utility.
>>
>>7601627
Fast food does taste delicious. Some of its shit, but fast food is generally a cheap, tasty meal for people who want something quick. That's the appeal of it. Yeah, I could spend an hour prepping and cooking everything and make something great, but sometimes you just want something cheap and ready in a couple minutes.
>>
>>7596417
I can't fucking stand fast food outside of Subway. It makes you feel like absolute shit, and the food at some restaurants, like McDonald's, tastes like absolute shit too.
>>
>>7598769
3/10
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.