[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good way to use fake crab? No I didn't buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: fake crab crab.jpg (32 KB, 372x285) Image search: [Google]
fake crab crab.jpg
32 KB, 372x285
What's a good way to use fake crab?
No I didn't buy it, before the insults and >implications come rolling in. A half a bag (about 4 ounces or 113 grams) of it was left in my fridge by a family member who doesn't know any better.
>>
That shit is terrible.

Just throw it in the garbage.
>>
>>7595838
do some homemade maki
>>
>>7595838
Works excellent in a salad with some Old Bay sprinkled on top, fresh lemon juice and a remoulade dressing. At the risk of irking the board, they are also pretty good wrapped in bacon and quickly deep fried, optional jalapeno and cream cheese.
>>
sandwiches

it's kind of alright to eat by itself if you salt it
>>
Corn and fake crab chowder is nice.

There's a Khmer dish that's like the bastard lovechild of pho and ramen that, when made in Cambodian homes in the US, is often served with fake crab on the garnish plate the same way as how basil and beansprouts are presented for pho.

While I've never made it, I'd bet fake crab fried rice wouldn't be too bad while fake crab is quite nice mixed into baked macaroni and cheese. And there's always the failsafe: krab salad, the American classic made with fake crab, mayonnaise and other stuff.
>>
It's always overpriced, but I'll occasionally buy it on sale as a snack.

You can obviously make California rolls with it, but I like to just grab a couple sticks out of the fridge and dip it in whatever sauce I feel like, as is.

It's not really crab. Yes, everyone knows that. But it's still pretty good for what it is.
>>
Tried it many times, but really it sucks for the price.
I suppose eat it raw and don't buy it again :v
>>
>>7595880
>$1.33/lb is overpriced
uwotm8y-o?
>>
>>7595838
>What's a good way to use fake crab?

use it to make maggots for fish bait, catch a fish and eat it
>>
>>7595838
creme fraiche mixed with some pesto and peppers, smear that on the sticks and eat as is or wrap in a salad leaf and sprinkle some uncooked sesame seeds or nuts on it, good light snack
>>
>>7595875
Maryland reporting here. I think anon's crab chowder idea is the only saving grace for that mystery meat.
>>
>>7595908
Why thank you, kind friend.

When I make it, I use a mix of either cream and concentrated fish stock or a roux-thickened mix of milk and concentrated fish stock. I'm making some this Saturday because I caught it on sale Wednesday, 3lb bag for $4. Normal price is $2.49/lb.
>>
>>7595838
it goes well with tartare on ritz crackers
>>
I like dipping them in cocktail sauce
>>
i use it for crab rangoon.
>>
I stuff real crab legs with fake crab in order to circumvent the rules at my local movie theater.
>>
>>7595838
Feed it to cats and then buy real crab.
>>
Shred it...den deep fry it till it's crispy....taste excellent
>>
We brown it in a pan with a bit of butter and soy sauce and mix it with spaghetti noodles (that are also flavored with soy sauce) and sauteed onion.
>>
>>7595838
I usually try and send it home with my JO buddies after we JO in my son's train set.
>>
>>7598168
nice meme
>>
>>7595851
how dare you
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.