[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /ck/ make risotto? I found some arborio rice in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
How does /ck/ make risotto? I found some arborio rice in the pantry and this is the go-to use for it, but I'm nervous about fucking up anything more complex than basic chicken stock/Parmesan/peas. Any simple suggestions or recommendations?
>>
>>7595611
Pretty much anything will work. Add some kind of cheese, meat, vegetables, spices that you like and go well together and throw them in there.
>>
>>7595611

IMHO risotto is pretty hard to fuck up as long as you are paying attention to it & constantly stirring.
>>
Risotto is inherently difficult. Seems to be the most common fuck up in hells kitchen
>>
Stirring constantly and adding the liquid slowly is the key,

That being said, this is a solid base recipe
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/ramp-and-sausage-risotto-352037
>>
6 cups homemade chicken stock
1 cup arborio rice
1/4 yellow onion
1 tbsp sofrito puree
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tsp mascarpone
1/4 cup parmesan

Put the stock in a pot next to your pan and keep at a simmer.
Add 1/2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp EEVO to pan on Medium heat.
Add chopped yellow onion.
When translucent add rice until you hear crackling.
Begin ladling in your stock and cooking it down.
Cook time 20 minutes.
Right before finished, add your sofrito puree, 1/2 tbsp butter, mascarpone and parmesan.
Stir until mixed.
Serve.
>>
>>7595611
Here's what you do, boss.
You get some MSG, salt, and some other flavoring stuff you like and you mix it into water. Keep your flavor water warm hot. Add some fat to a pan, let it warm up a bit and add your veggies, meat, chopped up semen socks, fungus, or whatever. Put some of your flavor water into the pan when you think your junk in the pan is ready (if you need to take it out, take it out) then put your rice in. Stir. Add more flavor water as needed. Stir some more. After 20 minutes, you can add your junk back in if you took it out. Then you can put your cheese and fat, and other flavors in. Stir and wala.
>>
File: Mushroom Risotto (2).jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Mushroom Risotto (2).jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
I've even made it with "regular" long grain rice, it still turns out creamy and nice.
>>
Made it yesterday, wasn't that hard.

>toast rice in olive oil
>add a splash of stock
>stir
>add a splash of stock
>stir
>repeat until it is risotto
>stir in some stuff (I did tomato concentratto and lobster claw meat)
>hit with a bit of parm

done, voila
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Made minutes ago

Butter, Parm, Basil and Lemon finish
>>
>>7595617
Spices??

Triggered.
>>
File: arroz.jpg (42 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
arroz.jpg
42 KB, 610x458
Milk, egg, raisins, cinnamon, and some maple syrup.

Sometimes I will add pecans, or coconut flakes.
>>
>>7595611
2.5 cups liquid to 1 cup abario add slowly cook on medium till liquid evaporates add more liquid till rice is cooked completely but not mushy then add heavy cram or cheese
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.