[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /ck/ firs time lurking and poster on this board. My family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1449515928101.gif (1 MB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
1449515928101.gif
1 MB, 480x336
Hi /ck/ firs time lurking and poster on this board.

My family has hit a rough patch and im looking for budget shopping lists and meals and was wondering if you guys had any tips?

pic related, mfw shits gonna be mega tight this month
>>
You're not lurking if you're actually posting, smartguy
>>
>>7594814
frozen vegetables are your friend
>>
>>7594814
rice, potatoes and beans are very affordable
>>
>>7594814

beans n rice
>>
>>7594914
rice n beans faggot
>>
>>7594814
during world war often the oldest son would disssapear into the night if money wasnt enough to feed him, his mother and younger siblings.
Its a pretty honorable way to go
>>
>>7594851
>money is tight
>buys the least calorie per dollar thing in the entire world
>>
>>7594933
Thanks Henry.
>>
>>7594933
>It's honorable to leave your loved ones questioning whether you are alive or dead

Old people are fucking dumb
>>
>>7594942
there was no question anon
>>
>>7594814
rice, beans, eggs, milk, potatoes, most veggies, if you want meat buy frozen in bulk. My favourite cost effective foods are soups, because you can make a huge variety of flavours while mostly using the same veggies every time.

Most importantly, it's all about planning what you're going to buy before you go. Come up with a list of main meals you're going to have for the week, the ingredients you need for each meal, check to see if you have any of these ingredients in already. Try your best to build a list of meals that takes into consideration the ingredients you already have leftover from the previous week. This way, after the first week, you can cut down massively on the amount of money you're spending.
>>
FAST FOOD
A
S
T

F
O
O
D
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.