[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was chatting with my coworkers over dinner earlier and learned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: gin and tonic.jpg (14 KB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
gin and tonic.jpg
14 KB, 268x268
I was chatting with my coworkers over dinner earlier and learned that they hate gin, 100% of the staff. We often go to breweries and distilleries on slow nights when the work is slow, and I had never noticed that everyone ignores the gins.

How could someone dislike gin? It is a refreshing "vodka" that offers a unique flavor and a refreshing alternative to mixers. If you add tonic, the bitter + unbrash sweet + refreshing cool is perfect. How could people miss this? Gin also doesn't cause extreme headaches with the ensuing hangover...
>>
>>7594181
No.

>refreshing vodka
Gin =/= vodka.

>haters
Get better coworkers they suck ass.
>>
It tastes like shitty pine needles. Gin sucks
>>
> It is a refreshing "vodka" that offers a unique flavor

....that they don't like.

anyway i'm on your side i fucking love a good gin and tonic. went to the london gin festival a month or two back
>>
>>7594190
Try drinking something other than bottom-shelf London Dry.
>>
Most of everyone I know hates the shit out of gin too, I like it, means they keep their grubby hands to their own drinks
Plus a genuinely refreshing drink, soda water and lemon or just tonic water
>>
Gin is my favourite.

If you can find a bottle of Boomsma I highly recommend it.
>>
i wish hendricks wasn't so pricey. i love the aesthetic of the bottles, plus it tastes pretty good. Better than seagrams, for sure.
>>
>>7594181
Most people only have experience with gin that tastes like a pine tree. I like gin, but I can stand cheap gin.
>>
Gin + Bitter Lemon is The Shit
>>
File: cheeky-monkey.jpg (656 KB, 2692x2200) Image search: [Google]
cheeky-monkey.jpg
656 KB, 2692x2200
>>7594245
This... drank almost an entire fifth one night. So blackout drunk I pissed my pants and woke up on the floor with food spilled everywhere. That smell of gin man... that smell is death
>>
I'll never understand why gin became "hip" all of the sudden
>>
>>7594181
gin is the best mixer, that said gin, grapefruit vodka and midori are the devils elixir the morning after, worst hangovers ever
>>
>>7594259
it always had its dedicated share of drunks and hardcore alkies, but with the rise of hipsters people started drinking it again after it made them look different
>>
Gin is the best
GnT is my all time favorites
Idiots complain when they try gin because most of them try it straight up the first time
>>
People always give me weird looks when I say I enjoy gin and coke.

Like what the fuck, is there something special about gin that means it can't be used with regular mixers?
>>
>>7594272
Without having ever tried that, it doesn't sound like the flavors would go well together.
>>
>>7594267
Agreed, GnT is my go-to drink
>>
>>7594259

why? it's like, a perfect fucking candidate.
>>
>>7594272

well, juniper. and whatever other botanicals are in it. they won't necessarily go with coke, although you could certainly make one that would.
>>
>>7594259
the ordinary person realised that their choice of drink doesn't actually feminise them or make them a man
>>
>>7594380
That shit has always been weird to me. Most beer until very recently has been 4-6% alcohol and was considered "manly" but a delicious cosmopolitan with a shit ton more of alcohol in one drink was considered "girly". It was so nice living in Asia and being able to get everything off the menu with no one caring.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.