[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people on this board who do not understand the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Chicken_Waffles.png (363 KB, 641x367) Image search: [Google]
Chicken_Waffles.png
363 KB, 641x367
>there are people on this board who do not understand the appeal of chicken and waffles
>>
>>7594012
I am one of those more civilized anons
Pls explain your need for the mixing of two foods which our dear Lord has created clearly for the purpose of consuming seperately.
>>
>>7594012
Ate this exact plate at IHOP when in America, thank god I don't live there.
>>7594048
Why not have both?
>>
>>7594012

You're right anon, I don't get it and I never will, just like I don't get sausage and pancakes with syrup and other weird shut you eat in America. There are sweet and savoury foods that are delicious together like prosciutto and melon or pears and blue cheese, but all you do is take a savoury food, put it next to desert and then drown it in syrup, it makes no sense.
>>
File: fat.jpg (40 KB, 552x419) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
40 KB, 552x419
>>
I put honey on my fried chicken

it's delicious
>>
> there are people on this board who do not understand the apoeal of chicken & winnigish
>>
>>7594048
Fried crispy salty chicken and sweet soft waffles go great together

>>7594062
Syrup is meant to be drizzled, drowning is only for frozen eggo waffles which are to be consumed as quickly as possible
>>
>>7594073
Thou, Sir, art a heretic
>>
>crispy, hot and starchy item combined with other crispy, hot and starchy item
There's no balance. I need a glass of water just looking at that pic.
>>
>>7594073
>Fried crispy salty chicken and sweet soft waffles go great together

Having tried this food combination, I am confident when I say that fried crispy salty chicken and sweet soft waffles do not, in any way, go great together.
>>
>My tastes are correct and yours are not: The Thread

Europeans everyone
>>
>>7594097
You probably also do not like pork with maple and sugar, and such a pleb

Salty sweet is a great combo, as is savory and sweet
>>
File: ham_and_bananas_hollandaise.jpg (800 KB, 775x968) Image search: [Google]
ham_and_bananas_hollandaise.jpg
800 KB, 775x968
>>7594112
>Salty sweet is a great combo, as is savory and sweet

So I assume you just love pic. related?
>>
When I was a kid and got nuggets I always wanted honey with them. Same premise
>>
>>7594116
No, bananas arent very sweet though compared to most fruit and have a flavor that is not complimentary to many things

Pork chops with apple sauce is delicious
>>
>>7594129
>Pork chops with apple sauce is delicious

Yes, pork and apple is a classic combination, as is gammon ham & pineapple, or duck & plum.

Notice though that those are fruits, and not a starchy, soft, and overly sweet dessert product combined with a crunchy, greasy fried item.
>>
>>7594129
Chicken and apples are also delicious. As well as cranberries.
>>
>>7594135
I think you're taking the "cake" in pancake a little too literally. It's not a dessert.
>>
>>7594135
Its similar to modern things like the Luther burger or McGriddle, it may not appeal to everybody but it certainly does have an appeal...it's just still an odd combo for most because they don't see it on a regular basis

People eat bacon in ice cream, that is far stranger to me but I do not doubt that it tastes good or can taste good
>>
>>7594143
>the "cake" in pancake

We're talking about waffles. Chicken & waffles. The waffle is sweet. That's because it's a dessert item.
>>
>>7594149
Wow, where the fuck did I get pancakes from?
Either way, a lot of people think it's delicious and if it's not for you then so be it. Not a big deal.
>>
i've never eaten waffles
>>
File: img_1655.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
img_1655.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
ive never understood the pairing of really salty/savory food with starch/sugar
>fried chicken and waffles/syrup
>breakfast sausage with pancakes/syrup
>McGriddles
is it because im asian? i also dont get why people put honey on salty as fuck biscuits from KFC or popeyes
>>
>>7594183
I'm white as the driven snow and I agree. I understand the combination of sweet and salty, but not to the degree offered with covering fried chicken with maple syrup. The waffle itself is usually not intensely sweet, but the dish is totally dry without syrup or more butter, which is usually sweetened too.

At least Monte Christo sandwiches, Luthers, and the like are obviously decadent treat foods, but in the case of chicken and waffles, I just get irrationally frustrated by adults needing their already fried food to also be drowned in sugar sauce to lube it down their gullet.
>>
its drunk food. people eat it to soak up the alcohol
>>
>>7594183
Also Asian here

Its just you have shit tastes my friend ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
>>
>>7594174
You haven't lived
>>
i don't enjoy sweet foods. they kind of repulse me
>>
>>7594012
Tendies & waffles you get at IHOP are not the same thing as chicken & waffles made by a soulful black person. Its actually a godly dish if done correctly.
>>
I tried it from a place that specializes in it yesterday. It was god tier. The waffle was made especially to go with the chicken, it had a more heavy flavor but was crisp and tender. You can take a bit of the chicken and then waffle or you can take your fork and flake the meat and fried skin onto the waffles. Dragging the meat through the syrup and butter makes you feel like a fat american truly. I would say it's part of the appeal.

Afterwords, I felt so content.
>>
File: average ck user.jpg (85 KB, 638x264) Image search: [Google]
average ck user.jpg
85 KB, 638x264
>>7594012
>>
>>7594012
I'd like to try chicken/waffles but I honestly don't know of any place that serves it in my area and I don't want to try it badly enough to make it on my own. It can't be as bad as breakfast sausage is though.
>>
>>7594260
Are you not from the USA?
>>
>>7594183
the fuck?
theres a good amount of asian dishes that combine the sweet and savory taste.

you probably just have bad taste in everything
>>
More glorious blue grass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5X4Q6jFtHg
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.