[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True or False
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: diQRVDo-[1].jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
diQRVDo-[1].jpg
32 KB, 400x400
The quality of a restaurant's food is inversely proportional to the number of items on its menu.
>>
False
>>
>>7593368
True. If a place has 50 dishes on the menu, they're not going to be very good at any one of them (jack of all trades, ace of none). it also shows that the chef is scatterbrained and can't let anything go. There's no way evey item on a huge menu sells equally well, they have to keep stock of old freezer burnt ingredients for dishes that they sell a couple times a week.
>>
True.

A good restaurant will cycle through menus, but keep them small during whatever period of time the current menu is out. Often 3-4 appetizers and entrees, and a 2-3 deserts.
>>
>>7593384
>>7593403
These. A good restaurant has a small menu that changes often, to keep things interesting and to ensure ingredients are the best they can be.

A restaurant with a large menu, especially if it rarely changes, tends to be lower quality.
>>
>>7593368
False. Almost everything on the dim sum menu is delicious.
>>
File: ck.jpg (625 KB, 1800x2400) Image search: [Google]
ck.jpg
625 KB, 1800x2400
>>7593368
TRUE
>>
>>7593474

That's the MSG talking bro. You've got a problem...
>>
>>7593479
Are people STILL going on about MSG after it's been proven not to do anything?
>>
>>7593368

False.

I was always taught that if a good restaurant didnt have something on the menu you wanted you should be able to ask them to make it for you anyways. Especially if its a dish from the restaurants region of food
>>
>>7593487
...besides taste good?
>>
>>7593487

see

>>7593500

And that was the point. It'll make things taste good, sure, but it doesnt make a good restaurant great. Especially if it's on the menu 24/7.
>>
True

We have a taco place here in town which only serves two kinds of tacos nothing else and they are by far the best I've ever had.
>>
>>7593497
>I don't like your stuff make me something else!
whoever taught you that has crippling autism and has done well to pass it on to you.
>>
>>7593368
Big words didnt read
>>
>>7593384
>jack of all trades, ace of none
Though oftentimes better than master of one.
I fucking hate that nobody ever remembers HALF of the saying.
>>
A menu should never be more than two single column pages long. This is excluding the alcohol menu.
>>
>>7593718
thanks Mr. Peek
>>
>correlation =/= causation

It's only true at higher end places, where there's usually a dozen components in one dish, and exceptions abound, it's just common sense that a place is going to do a 10 things better than 100 things.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.