[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you guys have a good egg salad recipe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 30681_egg_salad_3000x2000.jpg (164 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
30681_egg_salad_3000x2000.jpg
164 KB, 1280x800
you guys have a good egg salad recipe?
>>
egg
celery
onion
mayo
salt
pepper
>>
>>7592729
The secret is to use vegan mayonnaise because you don't want any of that egg-on-egg shit.
>>
eggs for egg salad should be boiled right?
>>
>>7592777
yeah. pic looks like the yolk was runny, though. I don't know about that. I boil mine hard. Hard like milksteak.
>>
I don't have an exact recipe, just as long as you use real mayo and taste as you season it.

I mix my yolks up with the mayo and other ingredients first and then fold in the finely diced egg whites.
>>
I really love eggs but have never had egg salad. Am I fucking up hard you guys?
>>
>>7592814
parsley and or dill goes nicely as well

sine red onion too
>>
>>7592828
No. I hate eggs and enjoy egg salad. Go make some.
>>
how is pickle in egg salad? sound pretty good to me but idk if its considered "weird"
>>
>>7592909

Pickle relish is pretty common, and pickle slices on top would be fine.

Just made me realize that you almost never see egg salad sandwiches with any garnishes beyond maybe a little lettuce. Probably makes it more likely for everything to fall out the sides.
>>
>>7592919
Can't remember where but I've had it with tomato and I gotta say, it really wasn't needed at all. I think it might be a texture thing, because of how moist the egg salad is already.
>>
i find shallots are better than onion if you have them
>>
Pickle your eggs first in pepper, garlic, and smoked paprika.
>>
I mix in a tiny amount (teaspoon or less) of dijon with the mixture of mayo, salt, pepper and egg.
>>
File: Undercover Brother.png (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Undercover Brother.png
3 MB, 2048x1536
Mayonnaise

and Miracle Whip

Straight up just add lots of both and make sure the bread is extra white.
>>
5 Hard Boiled Eggs
½ C. Mayonaise (I used Just Mayo brand)
½ C. Carrots, grated
½ C. Celery, finely diced
¼ C. Red Onion, finely diced
¼ C. Olives, sliced (I used kalamata, but olives are optional)
3 Tbs. Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
2 Tbs. Nutritional Yeast
1 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
½ Tsp. Turmeric
⅛ - ¼ Tsp. Cayenne (optional)
Salt & Pepper to taste

break up the eggs until it resembles the consistency of egg salad.
Add all of the remaining ingredients, and mix until they are well-incorporated.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy as a sandwich or on top of some chopped romaine!
The egg salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
---
you can happily substitute the eggs for 1 block of extra firm tofu, its amazing either way.
>>
>>7593878
Mayo already should contain a bit of mustard.
>>
>>7593960

>hey guise, just wanted to let you know that i'm too cool to ever use anything other than my super authentic homemade mayo, which Obviously already contains mustard

Commercial mustard doesn't usually contain mustard, and basic homemade mayo doesn't require mustard as the egg yolk acts as the emulsifier.

>the more you know
>>
>>7592729
egg
chives
mustard
mayo
salt
pepper
and just a hint of curry powder

>PLS NO ONIONS
>>
File: 1234.jpg (44 KB, 306x480) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
44 KB, 306x480
Is there a way to make egg salad without mayo?
>>
File: 1460681944143.jpg (29 KB, 450x297) Image search: [Google]
1460681944143.jpg
29 KB, 450x297
>>7594009
The only raw onion I eat are green onions. works well in eggy sally
>>
>>7592783
my man
>>
>>7593960
I use dukes so I wouldn't know about that
>>
boiled eggs, mayo, salt, pepper, hot sauce

and anything else you fucking want.
pickles? celery? olives? lettuce? tomato?

just pick a veg, chop, and mix it in.

it's eggs and mayo, pretty hard to fuck up.
>>
>>7594466
I never use mayo. I just mash them up, salt and pepper and put on butterd up bread
>>
>>7594466
Use avocado
>>
>>7594466
Goat Cheese is amazing with egg, but you get a more salty, light taste compared to the mayo version.
>>
>>7594466
mustard or avocado
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.