[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Al/ck/ general? How is life? For me... >drink >withdraw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (338 KB, 2286x2286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338 KB, 2286x2286
Al/ck/ general? How is life? For me...
>drink
>withdraw
>promise myself to quit
>feel better
>drink again
>repeat,repeat,repeat
>>
Every
Goddamn
Day
>>
>>7591989
I cut back to 750ml of liquor just on weekends.

>tfw still killing my liver

I think I felt better when I drank every night--mentally and physically. But I am losing weight, so that's nice.
>>
Day 51. I thought getting sober would make me happy. It hasnt. Im more miserable than ever.

At least im not as paranoid as while I was in withdrawl.
>>
Cut down to one drink a day when I work. 3 on days off. It's baby steps but it's nice being functional? I guess?
>>
>>7592253

I remember having 13 drinks a night during the week and double or triple that on the weekend.

Trying to sleep sober was the worst.
>>
>>7592258
I have to pop a few Benadryls to sleep comfy.
>>
>>7592271

Thats a slippery slope. I use to take 10 extra strength sleeping pills to try to sleep and it would make me so high that id end up feeling like a zombie and be awake all night.

Needless to say im a recovering addict
>>
>>7592204
In February I was able to make it 4 days sober.

Also got fired several times b/c I could think and see how shitty my job is and how retarded my co-workers are.
>>
>>7592335

my coworkers can be special but it works out for me because I am on piece work.

/mechanic life.
>>
>>7591989

Same shit here. Even got taken to a hospital because I wasn't breathing on my own after a 3 day binge and passed out somewhere. Decide to quit boozing, after a week get back on the hooch. At least I'm exercising more now so that's a plus but I feel like that only helps my tolerance, a few days ago I bought 5 pints and thought I'd drink them and go to bed, barely felt buzzed so I went to my local bar and drank until 9 am, at least I met this hot chick there. Also that is a huge issue with me, every woman I have ever slept with or been together with I have met while drunk, I don't know why but I manage to leave a good impression on a girl only when I'm fucked up.
>>
I've been trying to cut down a lot because the last few benders I've been on, I've developed temporary respiratory difficulty the next few days after when I'm in withdrawal. It's started to scare me, I've gotten withdrawals before but never breathing problems. I end up awake most of the night scared that if I fall asleep I'm going to stop breathing
>>
>>7591989
Beyond the day to day thing, do you ever notice the drink to drink thought process? Where you think about having your next drink while you're still having one. Like you've grown tired of the current drink and want something new, then feel the same way about that one.

Shit's fun nigga.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.