[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any suggestions for a rice cooker? I was thinking of getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 81S6SuC1NHL._SL1500_[1].jpg (172 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81S6SuC1NHL._SL1500_[1].jpg
172 KB, 1500x1500
Any suggestions for a rice cooker? I was thinking of getting a basic one for like 50$ USD or something. But can the more expensive ones do anything special? I could probably go up to 200$.
>>
File: 12036174_Polo_Saucepan_with_lid.jpg (135 KB, 798x600) Image search: [Google]
12036174_Polo_Saucepan_with_lid.jpg
135 KB, 798x600
Try this one OP
>>
>>7591810
I have the one in OP. It works fine.

All the others will cook rice too.
>>
>>7591821
Is it easy to clean?
>>7591815
:^^^^)
>>
I got pic related and fucking love it.

It's especially good for brown rice.
>>
>>7591851
yeah usually don't even need soap you just pop out the pot (which is nonstick) and run it under water for 20s and scrub out the residue.
>>
>>7591810
My boss has this one and I've used it before. It's just fine, I don't see how another one would be much better
>>
>$50

Ha. HAHAHAHA

I got a perfectly good rice cooker from a goodwill for ten bucks.
>>
>>7593386

Having used many rice cookers there is a huge difference between the bare minimum ten dollar one and a $50 one like in OP.

There's also a big difference between OP and >>7591867 but it's harder to justify the $200+ tag on that one.
>>
>>7593439
If it was from goodwill than it was probably one that sells for $50 or more new.
>>
>>7591810
thats the one I have, I cant say anything about its quality because Ive never eaten rice from it. my roomate didnt clean it for weeks amd it was covered in mold, Ive never eaten out of it since

I do this instead >>7591815
>>
>>7593439

>harder to justify the $200+ tag

I used a $10 model for probably 8 years, and it made perfectly fine rice. Then I went for a lower model, 3 figure Japanese model and will never go back.

It's a pretty extravagant thing to buy just for rice, but it makes better rice than you've ever cooked in a pot (inb4 not for me!) all at the push of a button, and has a ton of features that make everything as easy as possible.

In my opinion, spending $200 on an appliance (and just think of what you typically spend $200 on every month) that will save you time and effort, and improve your quality of life just a little bit every so often for years, seems worth it. I guess it's a matter of how much money you have to spend and how much you enjoy rice.
>>
>>7593471
Ya that was basically my point, not that their aren't better rice makers.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.