[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I fry food? I'm using olive oil and every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Alexandra_Botez_chess_player.jpg (287 KB, 1487x2048) Image search: [Google]
Alexandra_Botez_chess_player.jpg
287 KB, 1487x2048
How the fuck do I fry food?

I'm using olive oil and every time the food just sucks ups the oil despite high heat and the pan just goes dry
>>
How high is "high"?
>>
>>7591160
You have to sprinkle some water in the oil first once it get hots in order to stop the food absorbing the oil
>>
>>7591172
As high as can be without spraying oil over the entire stove

I frequently fry frozen food, is that a problem?
>>
>>7591160

What are you frying anon? That's a critical detail.
>>
>>7591160

just use vegetable oil nigger. meme oil shouldn't be wasted on frying. if the oil is smoking you need to turn the heat down.
>>
>>7591160
dont use olive oil, use something with higher smoke point
use small pieces of whatever so it cooks faster, as soon as it stops bubbling take it out, thats when the oil starts to seep in since the bubbles are keeping it off while theyre going off.
>>
File: 1458084464797.png (110 KB, 200x337) Image search: [Google]
1458084464797.png
110 KB, 200x337
Are you fucking kidding me. Use Google, with bait is getting worse and worse.
>>
>>7591174
>You have to sprinkle some water in the oil

Don't do this, it creates mustard gas.
>>
>>7591177
>frequently fry frozen food

Probably the reason why you're getting sprayed with oil. What are you frying?
>>
>>7591160

move the knight up to protect the pawn. what is there to think about bitch its like turn 3 of the most standard opening ever.
>>
>>7591179
>>7591181
wrong

while EVOO shouldn't be used for frying, it's fine to fry with normal olive oil.
>>
>>7591197

>its fine to use really expensive oil for no fucking reason to fry shit

no fucking restaurant uses olive oil to fry faggot
>>
>>7591200

they quite often use more expensive oils
>>
>>7591200
>dumb and poor

never respond to me again.
>>
>>7591178
>>7591187
All kinds - meatballs, slightly thawed and diced chicken, vegtables, potato

I'm using EVOO btw, is this a mistake?
>>
>>7591201
>>7591202

>muh chicken tendies deserve only the most expensive oil

there is literally zero disadvantage to using vegetable oil and there are several advantages.
>>
>>7591208

this is what happens when you try to learn to cook from /ck/

you end up evaporating EVOO into your kitchen for a month and wondering why all your food is shit and everything in your house is coated in a layer of oil
>>
>>7591209
>cardiovascular disease
>advantage
>>
>>7591216

http://www.oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-basics/mafia-olive-oil-on-60-minutes/50203

When Whitaker asked how much of the olive oil labeled “extra virgin” that reaches Americans is really not extra virgin, Mueller responded, “75% to 80%, easily.”

CBS News shipped 3 bottles of olive oil found in an unnamed American supermarket to Tirro’s tasting panel: Only one was found to be extra virgin.

“They described one as lampante — the lowest quality olive oil. That brand happens to be one of the best-selling in America,” Whitaker said.

The top-selling brand in the United States is Bertolli, which is the subject of a high-profile fraud investigation and multiple class action lawsuits.

don't kid yourself man. your olive oil is just vegetable oil anyways.
>>
>>7591213
>taking advice from /ck/ ever
you deserve your messy kitchen
>>
>>7591230
>implying i'm american
>>
>>7591230

And just because the oil is "faked" doesn't mean that some of the "evoo" grades don't have a low smoke point.

Read further and you'll see that the way they accomplish the faking is by adding a small amount of good oil--or artificial colors/flavors--and adding that to a cheap oil base. The base oil probably has a high smoke point, but the crap they add to it does not. Just because it's faked doesn't mean it's high-heat stable.
>>
>>7591238

its rampant in europe as well. italian food mafia is a multi billion dollar scam. they rebottle cheap wines in fancy bottles and shit oil as olive oil and sell it to chumps all over the world.

if you want to be a health fag deep fry in coconut oil or some shit. still cheaper than olive oil that probably is just veggie oil in a fancy green bottle.
>>
>>7591160
Put a lid on your pan, mix a little a tbsp of water and butter for the food doesnt stick. The lid is key because it prevents your oils and liquids from evaporating, thus pan cooking and steam cooking your food.
>>
File: bot1.jpg (30 KB, 456x564) Image search: [Google]
bot1.jpg
30 KB, 456x564
plz help me fry /ck/
>>
>>7591160
FYI foods don't suck up oil while frying. Water in the food boils off rapidly enough that barely any oil actually touches the food. The oil absorption happens when you take food out and it slightly cools down below boiling point.

tl;dr thats not how foods absorb oil
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.