[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CHOPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: chops.jpg (63 KB, 530x344) Image search: [Google]
chops.jpg
63 KB, 530x344
CHOPS
>>
I want to learn to cook meat. Is there any one stop shop marinade or seasoning? So I don't have to dabble with bits of this and that?
>>
>>7591122
No.
>>
>>7591129

Thanks for the bad news.
>>
>>7591145
It's reality. No marinade or seasoning is going to make you a decent cook. Only time, and experimenting will do that. Start out small, and work your way up. It's not that hard, and it's a lot of fun.
>>
>>7591151
This guy is right, marinades are like cleats for running - it depends on you to cross the finish line
>>
>>7591122
Any "steak seasoning" is just a mix of pepper and other shit. Marinades are fun and easy. But this guy is right>>7591151
Just buy some seasoning and experiment
>>
>>7591151
>>7591165
>>7591185

I would love to but I've seen those shelves that have like 30 fucking different types of spices and shit. What are the best 5-10 spices that I would need to mix and match for best flavor?
>>
>>7591191
There are only two you need to worry about. Salt and Pepper...trust me on this.
>>
>>7591214

I'm watching a video that shows a girl added some salt and garlic powder to her chicken in a glass pan but she poked holes into the meat to I guess let it soak in. Is that right? I've seen people poke holes when you add a liquid like vinegar so the vinegar can drain into the pores if you poke holes in the meat then what purpose would that serve if you just added spices? would it still soak in? through the poked holes? Seems like you'd be messing up your meat for nothing.
>>
>>7591226

I never poke holes in anything unless it's really thin. And, yes, S & P, and a little garlic POWDER go a long way towards a perfect seasoning.
>>
Salt and pepper over anything else.

Just make sure you cook it properly and use the right fats to cook it in. Usually for me it's olive oil or butter.
>>
>>7591351
Also another trick I should add is learn how to make pan sauces.

Super simple, fast, and delicious.

Usually just some wine or liquor to deglaze the pan, some chopped onions or chives, and a touch of cream.
>>
>>7591266

Ain't nothing perfect about that sawdust called garlic powder. Get some fresh garlic in there.
>>
>>7591122
Salt and pepper
>>
>>7591122

Think about cooking oil, try some avocado seed oil. Instead of a marinade, at least for pork, try a brine, maybe 1/2 cup of Kosher Salt in a quart of water in a ziplock bag for 20 minutes. Makes a big difference since pork is bred really lean these days.
>>
>>7591122
Don't listen to any of these faggots.

Salt and canola oil will get you what you want 99% of the time. Learn to get a good sear without either having the center too rare, or burning the outside.
>>
>>7591226
Poking holes/making cuts in your meat seems to be a pretty common thing with certain dishes. I've seen making cuts for marinades in Indian cooking. I think it's supposed help the meat 'absorb' the marinade.

Not the same as cutting your meat to prevent it from curling up or scoring for seasonings though.
>>
File: 51UElHPxKjL.01._SR300300_.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
51UElHPxKjL.01._SR300300_.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>7591122
>>7591591
+1 for Salt and Pepper
If you go simple get quality salt and pepper.

Also pic related for beef products.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.