[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you ran a restaurant would you have any rules for the customers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 17
File: 292498_630x354.jpg (28 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
292498_630x354.jpg
28 KB, 630x354
If you ran a restaurant would you have any rules for the customers? Or requests that the kitchen could turn down if they wanted?

Honestly the thought of being able to reject some moron that wants a million substitutions turns me on. Can't really run a restaurant like a dictator without backing it up with good food though.
>>
>>7590999
>No more than two credit cards per table
Jesus, what the fuck
>>
Marketing.

The worse you treat hipsters, the more they swarm a place.

That Indian dude that was in the news for wiping his ass with his hand and then making food... For "cultural reasons".

If that was on the west coast of the US, his restaurant would have been an overnight hit, the hipsters would have swarmed the place to lick curry off his stink finger.
>>
>>7590999
That menu used to say "Chef reserves the right to serve ketchup to anyone over the age of 10"

food is actually pretty good, the fries don't need ketchup.
>>
>>7590999
sure, it's your Business,you can do what ever you want... where is the problem? never understood the restaurants where customers can change stuff on the menu...
>>
My dream is to own a shabby snack bar that sells filtered coffee for 5 cents per cup. I don't care if they want ketchup with it.
>>
>>7591005
It's well rude to make the server divvy up more than just 50/50.
Adults take turns buying dinner.
>>
>>7591008
>wiping his ass with his hand and then making food... For "cultural reasons".
Wat
>>
>>7591069
>Implying i would tip such a rude pleb waiter who was so above his station.
Just do as the nice people say pleb
>>
>>7591069
>Implying the server doesnt just have to tap a screen a couple times to split a check.
>implying they actually have to manually divide the total.

Besides, you're supposed to say, "these are separate checks please" before you order.
>>
>>7591096
Why as a customer should anyone have to say that?
Who works for who? Are they paying me?
I think that they should have to ask me and appologise for assuming anything before giving me a discount out of shame for failing at life and ending up as my food slave.
>>
"KETCHUP? ON FRIES? HODGEPODGE I'M GOING TO PUSH MY OPINIONS ON MY CUSTOMERS."

I bet he doesn't put salt and pepper shakers on his tables, too.
>>
>>7590999
So what if someone brought their own ketchup?
>>
>>7591117
pretty sure the chef caught someone with ketchup packets, not sure what the result was, probably refused to serve them.

It was really funny watching all the fat retards get upset about not having ketchup once this restaurant made the news. I love ketchup but their fries don't need it. They use fresh truffles in oil to coat the fries and the aioli is great. The owner is one of the nicest people I've met, but the chef is heavily opinionated obviously, both are french.
>>
>>7591146
aioli is just mayonase given a fancy name so retards will buy it, just like edamame and pao de queijo.
>>
>>7590999

The same rules My fucking dads restuarant has

>No halal food served here
>no kosher food served here
>no vegan food served here.
>>
>>7591288

if you really want to make money you make an exclusively vegan restaurant in the city and sell beans to hipsters for $20 a plate

yeah they are fucking subhuman retards but the best thing you can do is humor them and take their $ and go home and eat a steak
>>
>>7591298
Yeah
I went to portland, some guy was selling BROTH
in coffee cups for like 8 dollars and calling it "bone soup"
had a line for blocks
>>
>>7591073
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3537652/Swindon-takeaway-chef-prepared-food-wiping-bottom-bare-hands-doesn-t-use-toilet-paper-cultural-reasons.html

Do not read if you are British. You have been warned.
>>
File: 1310187054613.png (26 KB, 494x400) Image search: [Google]
1310187054613.png
26 KB, 494x400
>>7591115
>thinking you know food better than a chef

Oh please!
>>
File: 1312749920073.jpg (12 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
1312749920073.jpg
12 KB, 241x230
>>7591268
>being this ignorant of food history
>>
>>7591308

entitled city liberals love to pretend to struggle. its their way to pay penance for their "white privilege" by having to eat "bone soup" for lunch and ride a bike instead of owning a car.

if you can play the part there is a lot of money to be made off these retards.
>>
>>7591316
>>7591321
Any more meme pictures you want to shitpost?
>>
File: 1312740900438.jpg (2 KB, 126x103) Image search: [Google]
1312740900438.jpg
2 KB, 126x103
>>7591325
>wanting more meme pictures
>>
>>7591268
who cares as long as it tastes good, restaurants do this with everything. There's almost always a different name for something on a menu.

>filet mignon
>filet de boeuf
>beef tenderloin
>>
File: zucco.jpg (127 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
zucco.jpg
127 KB, 620x465
>>7590999
cash only
no substitutions
specials are set meals
no smartphone usage at the table
>>
>>7591316
>>Know better than a chef

This shit actually really annoys me.

My wife and I can both Cook. Her stuff especially is amazing.

My father in law comes over for holiday dinners and before even tasting food starts to apply salt, pepper, and various sundry condiments.

The one thanksgiving he even commented on how salty the turkey was.

Gee, maybe because you dumped a bunch of salt on it even though it had been brined and cooked breast down?
>>
>>7591349
Yeah if people "want it their way" they can go to fucking burger King. You're going out to eat something better than what you can make at home. You don't tell your doctor, mechanic, etc. what to do, you trust them. Obviously not all professionals are good at what they do, so give a review/feedback and don't go back.
>>
No guns
No kids under 12
Smoking is allowed
>>
>>7591349

some people like different shit. seasoning before you taste it is ignorant though
>>
>>7591380
Yeah but being a doctor or fixing a car is not the same as cooking. Repair and medical jobs are a science. Cooking is more on the art side. You have to be open to opinions. If somebody wants to sub fingerling potatoes for their mash I have no problem doing that for them even when I'm slammed with wall to wall tickets.

My job as a chef is to make food. Wonderful, tasty food that you will talk about for days on end and if you feel like something different would suit the entree better than what's on our menu than ask your server. They will ask me and if I have the proper ingredients ill happily make what you want.

Any chef who disagrees is just not as passionate about food and service as he or she should be and that's a shame
>>
>>7591005
probably some hick establishment that views the usage charge of credit cards to be as big a threat to their business as gay marriage or immigrants
>>
>>7590999
I mean, it's their money to waste. They want fancy fries flavored, and then they want to fucking waste it by masking it with their sugary child sauce. I always used ketchup to cover up shit hotdogs and shit fries.
>>
>>7590999
Ashtrays at everyday table
Small mirrors for coke
No kids
Pills for dessert
>>
>>7591432
Just because you're happy to make something outside of your menu doesn't make you more passionate about food, maybe service but not food. Customers often want specific modifications, and they aren't always tasteful.
>>
>>7591450
some chefs don't care and would rather have the customer spend their money elsewhere.
>>
Cash only
Only one dish available on any given day, take it or fuck off
To-go only, with a small cozy seating area off limits to behavior problems(blacks, kids, parents, in that order)

I'd serve mostly curry
>>
>>7591486

the chef just wants to build credibility by removing something from his restaurant than 99% of patrons wouldnt request anyways

>wow he doesn't like ketchup
>he must be a really good chef
>those mayonaise meme truffle fries are totally worth $10

its just marketing to faggots who think they are better than other faggots
>>
>>7591434
I can smell your bigotry from here
>>
>>7591504
walk among them and you'll know they're not really human
>>
>>7591389
>no guns
Yurop get out
>>
>>7591491
I like these types of restaurants. I went to a hot star chicken in taipei, just flat tenderized chicken breasts fried perfectly. Huge line and they just keep churning out chicken.

>>7591502
You've never even been to the restaurant
>$10
>photo says $3.95

The place has gotten expensive but they use expensive ingredients and the food has always been great
>>
>>7591522

its obvious that the chef is just trying to make $ not doing it for the "love of food"

no multiple credit cards -> i don't want to lose transaction fees

no ketchup -> i want to make my fries seem super awesome, they are the cheapest item on my menu so i did this to promote them (WOW THEY MUST BE REALLY GEWD GUIS. NO KETCHUP ALLOWED)

the fries are probably pretty good but he is shilling them really fucking hard. ive worked in plenty of kitchens and reading the menus always made me laugh at the creative liberties they take in describing their food.
>>
File: 1420465612804.png (198 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1420465612804.png
198 KB, 550x535
>>7591311
WHAT THE FUCK M8 I'VE EATEN FROM THERE
>>
Im surprised no one listed the restaurant that banned all the black people clothing.
>>
>>7591552
who cares? the food is good, makes absolutely no difference to me. He is just a heavily opinionated chef and has been known for it a long time, highly doubt he did that only to sell more fries, a lot of europeans hate ketchup.
>>
>>7591575
watch out boys, we have ourselves a purist over here
>>
>>7591587
what is that supposed to mean? I like ketchup
>>
>>7591561
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3537652/Swindon-takeaway-chef-prepared-food-wiping-bottom-bare-hands-doesn-t-use-toilet-paper-cultural-reasons.html

POO IN LOO
DESIGNATED WIPING HAND
>>
>>7591604
You are giving a chef a pass on being a duplicitous cheapskate because his food is allegedly good. Might make no difference to you, but a cook that blatantly incorporates bleeding customers and faux haute cusine is a a bit of cunt
>>
>>7591520
Who, the gays or the blacks?
>>
>>7591409
Yeah, I have no problem with people dressing something differently, especially at large shared meals where you have to present the dishes fairly mid-line to please a large group of divergent tastes...

The thing that drives me nuts is changing the dish before you have tastes it as prepared.

If I make you a plate of eggs I don't care if you add salt, pepper, hot sauce, hell even ketchup... But your first bite should be of them as I prepared them.

If I've seen you salt my eggs before, chances are pretty damn good that I upped the salt content of your serving to compensate.
>>
>>7591008
There was a diner in Chicago whose theme is based around the staff being jerks. Ed debevic's
>>
>>7591344
Is the "no bud" line on the door referring to AB beer products, weed, or is it slang for something else and I'm just old?
>>
>>7591620
Yes he is a heavily opinionated cunt, there was no debate about that. I just arrive, order, enjoy my food, pay and leave like a normal person. Haven't had a problem with him yet, I don't know what you're getting at now.
>>
>>7591642
you disregarded a guy opining that he's a jew, with "who cares", I did not say he is opinionated, you are saying he is. I agree with the guy that says he's using opinion as an excuse to reduce his business' overhead
>>
>>7591114
they should also have to dry clean the barbecue sauce off your trench coat and sock cap should they dare to make eye contact with m'lord
>>
No shirts
No jews
No business
>>
>>7591652
So you don't serve to non-jews?
>>
>>7591628
>being this triggered
omg 4real
>>
>>7590999
You want that dressing on the side? That sandwich without mustard?

You pay extra!
>>
>>7591005
Yeah that's retarded. I like living in a country where the server assumes everyone will split the bill and where gratitude is not required since they already get a government mandated 17% tip.
>>
>>7591521
Nah, it's understandable that some places would do this. It's private property, they can have a no open carry rule if they want to. It bothers some customers, and they want business. There could also a liability issue if someone gets shot in your place.
>>
>>7591096
In third world countries the POS terminals are 3 decades old. That's why you can't easily split a table's bill by just pressing the items the person want to pay for. I mean it's not like they have heard of touch enabled devices like iPhones in those countries.
>>
No hijabs or "traditional wear" that looks like table cloths that obnoxious Muslims from the Arabian peninsula wear
No green hair or anything twee or remotely hipster.
No Asian women unless accompanied by a male of another race.
No ex-fiance's family, except her Marine cousin who is cool.
No vegetarians, vegans, gluten free, or other faggotry accommodated. Eat the goddamn oyster, we have epi pens.
>>7591311
"Mark Glendenning, defending, said the milk bottle was never examined and the marks could have been spices."

Isn't that what they mean by spices?

>>7591344
I do not believe they can prevent you from rating them on Zagat or Yelp, etc.

>>7591552
>no multiple credit cards -> i don't want to lose transaction fees

It's really just the swipe fee of around $0.30 per check, the % is the same regardless.
>>
>>7591647
literally who cares. I don't give a shit about anything if the food is good. The split bill is the only thing I've noticed them being cheap about. Honestly I think they are just enforcing french societal norms or something because they also make people move seats to accommodate others and a few small differences from american restaurants. Never been to france but I just assumed because everyone there is french, so who knows.
>>
>>7591689
Fees depend a lot on the area, sales volume, etc. It is $0.07 where I work, but it's not a restaurant.
>>
>>7591701
I was referring to the United States.

Where are you that the fee is $0.07?

The swipe fee is fairly universal, and the percentage fee depends on the bank, but really ought to be <2.3% for Visa/Master and ~3% for Amex.
>>
>>7591640
AB products. The place was a little French diner in NYC that served wine, no beer and served Dijon mustard (with a flourish) on the fries because of a strict no ketchup policy. It was actually something of a deal, too. You could get a reasonable French meal and a glass of wine for $20-$30. Then the owner, an eccentric Parisian who had run a French wrestling magazine before coming here dropped dead on the sidewalk in front of a massive heart attack.

The place has a new owner and higher prices now, but they keep the "no bud, no ketchup, no reservations, no zagat" policy as a tribute.
>>
>>7591724
I'm in the US, this is at a retail company.
>>
>>7591689
>I do not believe they can prevent you from rating them on Zagat
The business owner pays for the Zagat listing.
>>
haha, how shitty is your beer that it gets lumped in with ketchup prohibition policies
>>
>>7590999

This place will go out of business soon. At least the chef will have their inspiration as they are crushed by overwhelming debt because their shitty no-reputation restaurant went out of business.

Good luck paying off that lease agreement you pretentious fuck.
>>
>>7591846
>"no blacks, no asians, no jews" nobody bats an eye
>hayseeds catch some flack, in come the white knights
>being that privileged in the year 2016
>>
>>7591929
They've been open for about 4 years now and stay fairly busy. I've been getting bored of their menu though, they don't change it much and only have 2 or 3 specials.
>>
>>7591933
The most underprivileged people in the USA are rural, blue-collar whites.
>>
>>7591434
restaurants and retail stores get charged a fee by the credit card company; the more cards the more fees, you dense fuckwit.
>>
>>7591933
>He doesn't know

Go anywhere in Central-Eastern US that isn't a large city and you'll find nothing but poor people living in poor housing working shit jobs for shit money, who no one knows exist and no one cares about.

Nobody wants to give people who live in Appalachia the same support they give kids who live in poor west coast neighborhoods. Is that anyone's fault? Not really. But it's still true.
>>
> Guy references usage fees
> H-hey they get charged fees, you retard!

You are a dumb person, and I'm going to assume also a faggot, can we get this /pol/ shit off of ck
>>
>>7592238
shut the fuck up, kevin.
>>
>>7591005
there's a charge per card swipe, probably don't get the traffic to afford the fees for >2 cards/table
>>
>>7591308
>>7591322
Have either of you retards ever had broth on a cold rainy day? It tastes awesome. People pay for things that taste food even if they are cheap to make.
>>
>>7590999
No kids. Period.

I'd also say no muslims but if the government can force a christian couple to make gay wedding cakes then there's no chance of this flying.
>>
>>7592224
10 people walk into a restaurant, they all get seated for 1, they order themselves a meal and pay and leave. yet it;s the people who group up that can't split their payment. thats retarded. unless you are so fucking packed and fancy that you can aford to turn away anybody that walks in the door with less than 3 people, you need to shut the fuck up and let people split their payment.
>>
>>7591933
>>7591846
Deliverance is real, but it's not 100% of the south, just like there are feminists who loudly proclaim all male on female sex is rape, and have been doing so for many decades, but not many feminists actually agree
>>
>>7591689
>>no asian women
enjoy your fucking forecloser you tremendous faggot.
>>
>>7591308
>>7591322
The brodo at Hearth in NYC is $12. We're living in a world where the poorfag foods from a century ago are the very things people are willing to pay a premium for. Poorfags today get their soup from a can.
>>
>>7592406
Just use pork in some manner for every meal. you get an added bonus of being rid of kikes.
>>
I'd put a scale at the entrance to the restaurant. If you weigh more than 300 lbs you have to pay double price for everything on the menu.
>>
>>7592343
i dont think you know how percentages work
>>
>>7591069
>It's well rude to make the server divvy up more than just 50/50
hahahaha get back to work, stevie
>>
>>7591681
>There could also a liability issue if someone gets shot in your place.
fucking lol you are dumb af, and $1000 says you dont even have any idea why
>>
>>7590999
Two substitution MINIMUM.
>>
>>7592237
>Is that anyone's fault?
No, but it sure as fuck is cultural. These are places where education was never highly valued because the main industries were agriculture, mining and manufacturing, and you didn't need a lot of book learning to support a family in those fields. When the mining and manufacturing wound down a bit, and the agriculture became increasingly automated you suddenly had a lot of people who really weren't qualified for anything but shit jobs. And they raised their kids with their values, which are pretty much Jeebus, hard work and basketball. That's not gonna get you anywhere in the modern world. You'll be buying pepperoni rolls at gas stations for the rest of your life.
>>
>>7592730
I'm probably much smarter than you are, and here's why: I'll ask you why you say that. I'm legitimately curious about the hypothetical situation. Please tell me about immunity from expensive (even if frivolous) civil lawsuits and high insurance claims when a person is injured through accident or malice from a firearm inside your business.
>>
>>7592853
>and $1000 says you dont even have any idea why
You owe me $1000
>>
No people eating alone.
>>
Parties of 15+ only.
>>
You can only come to the restaurant if it's someone in your party's birthday.

I'll call it... Benihana.
>>
>>7592886
Alternatively, only parties of one. A place for alonefags.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXZzf_-clt8
>>
>>7592908
>Party of One
Catchy name
>>
>>7592886
>>7592908
Only parties of 15 and 1.

Don't have a 15th person to fill your party? Well then fuck you faggots, you're all sitting on random spots of the restaurant as singles.
>>
>>7592868
No I do not owe you $1000 for responding to your idiotic trollpost. I never accepted a bet with you by feeding your stupidity. You did, however fail to back up your claim of my dumb-as-fuckness with any sort of opinion, let alone facts, laws, or legal precedences. I remain legitimately curious about your thoughts, despite that you really do seem like either a troll or a moron. Please share them? Are you afraid to? I'm not afraid to admit that I don't know what you are thinking, nor am I afraid to admit when I am wrong when evidence points that out.
>>
>>7592925
i would support this
>>
File: 1376065374055.jpg (160 KB, 908x601) Image search: [Google]
1376065374055.jpg
160 KB, 908x601
>>7590999
No shoes allowed inside
>>
File: 1457808090464.png (2 MB, 1175x941) Image search: [Google]
1457808090464.png
2 MB, 1175x941
>>7593031
Copypasta saved.
>>
>>7593156
I was in a hotel at the beach once and they ran me out of the breakfast buffet for not having shoes. I was pissed.
>>
>>7593162
It's too bad that there's no /ck/ specific memery in there.
>>
>>7592237
>Nobody wants to give people who live in Appalachia the same support they give kids who live in poor west coast neighborhoods. Is that anyone's fault?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
The chimpy nigger gets the welfare.

Whites need to learn from the Jews that keep funding the violent cop-killer riots; if you want shit done, start burning shit.
>>
>>7593031
>this guy claimed to be smarter than anyone
>just one post prior to posting a wall of text counterargument to "You owe me $1000"
>>
>>7591681
>they can have a no open carry rule if they want to. It bothers some customers, and they want business
But if they want business, then why are they instituting a policy that bothers customers and drives away business?
>>
>>7591096
>Separate checks

This. A thousand times this. How else is there to pay for dinner? You are either paying for the whole meal, or you split it by what each person ordered.
>>
>>7593174
I'm sure there was a thread where the OP went on a copypasta-worthy tirade about cooks breaking bread they made.
It was a few months ago, And I never really saved it.
>>
>>7592214
>rural, blue-collar whites
You mean the people who actually do all the work?
>>
>>7591681
>"Hey no open carry in my store."
>"Okay."
>Carry gun under jacket
>>
>>7592481
I once went to a restaurant that had a lot of pork dishes with a Jewish guy. He spent ten minutes bitching about all of the pork on the menu and then ordered shrimp.
>>
>>7591681
>open carry
>liability if somebody gets shot

wat

So, like the gun is going to jump out of my holster and start flying around the room killing people? You mom drank during her pregnancy, didn't she?
>>
>>7593270
wut? they aren't supposed to eat shell fish right? I mean if they are kosher.
>>
>>7593276
That actually sounds cool. Someone should fund it.
>>
My only rule would be that you're not allowed to wolf whistle other diners. I'm tired of people wolf whistling while they sit down and have a meal, they do it all the time and such blackguard behavior would not be permitted in my restaurant.
>>
>>7593357
>wolf whistle
>any time after 1920
literally what
>>
No sandniggers.

No vegans.

Pretty simple rules.
>>
>>7593284
Yeah. He looked at me like "what?" when I gave him a mfw.
>>
>>7593266
I think he meant the people who stopped mattering a generation ago.
>>
I am totally cool with restaurants not allowing substitutions or special requests (excepting for health reasons, but the polite thing would be for a special needs customer to call first to make sure they can be accommodated).

But not offering basic condiments seems like a shitty way to run a restaurant. Unless it's a haute cuisine sort of place with a very specific daily menu, the kind of place you only go when you want exactly what the chef's intentions are, and the salad course alone is $20. Unless you're that kind of restaurant, fuck off with your lack of customer service.
>>
>>7593268
That's the point of a concealed carry permit. You don't show it to people or talk about it. You have your firearm, but it doesn't rile people up either.

>>7593276
You can sue somebody for almost anything. It would be possible to find a scummy lawyer to represent a gunshot victim wanting to file suit against a restaurant owner for not having a no firearms policy as some kind of negligence in the right situation. It doesn't mean they'd win the case or it would even go to trial, but that doesn't mean the lawyer doesn't get paid anyway. And the business owner is looking at at least $10k in legal fees. A countersuit for legal fees could be fruitless and a complete nightmare if the plaintiff runs out of fucking money anyway. And they just lost a fuckton of time doing that shit instead of running their business. I'm not talking about criminal liability. Have you guys never been involved in a retarded-ass, vindictive frivolous suit? It's fucking reasonable to have a no firearms policy at your business.
>>
>>7593405
holy shit why even talk if you literally know nothing
>>
>>7590999
>No kids under 13
>Cellphones on vibrate only
>Conceal Carry is only allowed except for leo's
>No trashy appearance
Pretty much this
>>
File: 2013-08-21_181053.jpg (164 KB, 830x467) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-21_181053.jpg
164 KB, 830x467
>>7592891
>>
>>7593268
>>7593405
Most CCW permit holders are not assholes, though, and are perfectly willing to disarm before entering an establishment that's posted. If you don't, you're an asshole. Private homes and businesses are well within their rights to ban weapons on their property.

I manage a store that regularly gets some fucking insane clientele, and I'm less concerned about somebody wearing a firearm than I am about the fucking psychos reacting to someone open carrying. It's a real safety and customer satisfaction issue, and I don't give a fuck about your right to bear arms in my store. If you were a rational person you'd use a little prudence. Unfortunately you get retarded libertarian types for whom prudence is an evil communist idea. They're as crazy as my clientele.
>>
>>7593405
Furthermore, let me reemphasize this applies only to Private Property. You can do whatever you want with your legally carried weapons in Public, but the minute you step onto Private Property, and the Proprietor informs you that they have a no firearms policy (for legal reasons (as in, to cover their ass from frivolous lawsuits)), you have 2 options: leave the weapon elsewhere, or leave the premises. Failure to do so is a criminal trespass. If cops come, they will probably tell you to leave, but they may arrest you if you're a douche. Then you're likely to lose your legal right to bear arms from a felony conviction. Wat. Durr. Magic holster-leapin guns!
>>
>>7593428
Worth it to ban weapons just to not have to deal with crazies on either side being retards at your business. I have no idea if these people are just trolling, or if they think they can legally carry guns everywhere.
>>
>>7590999
The only seriously retarded restaurant rules I have seen is those STUPID tourist traps in Philly where cheese steaks -must- be ordered in the 'lingo'. Like cheese? Don't like cheese? Be ready to say

>Wiz wid
>Wiz widdout

Seriously?! It's like ordering in ebonics.
>>
I like ketchup on fries.
>>
>>7593428
>Private homes and businesses are well within their rights to ban weapons on their property.

They sure are, but I'm still going to conceal carry on their establishment. Don't worry, if some maniac starts shooting but isn't threatening my route to escape I'll gladly leave everyone else to die.
t
>>
>>7591434
You must be a huge fuckfag bigot. Credit cards charge a fee per use and it adds up especially for small businesses.

And if you're too consumed with sucking your boyfriends dick to understand that, maybe you should go find someplace more welcoming of your kind. Like the Mac store.
>>
I wouldn't allow trans "people" to use the restrooms.
>>
OP reminded me instantly of vic reeves getting BTFO by based ramsey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG6U9WAdppo
>>
>>7593606
me too. on cheap fries that don't be good to eat.
>>
>>7590999
>>7591015

>never understood the restaurants where customers can change stuff on the menu

But a lot of the time people don't just change it for taste reasons. Sometimes their a vegetarian or some shit and their friends chose a restaurant without any vegetarian dishes.

A lot of the time have a legitimate reason for it like their allergic to something in it or they have health concerns. Both my parents are lactose intolerant but most restaurants seem to like putting cheese, milk, and cream in everything, even if the type of dish isn't traditionally made with dairy, so they usually try to ask them to hold the cheese or substitute something else for milk/cream in drinks like coffee and stuff like that.
>>
>>7591434
>I mean
>it's 2015+1
>>
>>7590999
went to this restaurant when i was visiting my sister in france

i had her translate the menu for me and there was one line that said 'vegan dishes might be available if the chef feels extra happy and generous that day'

implicitly telling vegans to fuck off
next to great food, great service, this made me like the place more

went back there twice during my trip
>>
>>7595017
why not just leave, take your business elsewhere, and tell your friends/family to plan better next time?

maybe this is an american thing, that they don't see how whiny they are as customers
restaurants aren't hotels/tour packages

and compromising/trying to please everyone and their whims, is for the mediocre anyway
>>
>>7595479
I don't remember seeing that and I've been to this place like 30 times, it's in florida.
>>
>>7595531
There's not to many places around here where they serve a significant number of dishes without dairy. Sometimes they'll take lactose digestive pills and suck it up or if there's a non-dairy option they like they'll go with that, but it's not that difficult to forego putting cheese on a salad or sandwich.
>>
>>7590999
The same rule I have in every aspect of life: no fat chicks.
>>
>>7595561
excuse for the confusing use of the word 'this'

i wasn't referring to the restaurant in the op pic
just sharing a story to op's question on how some restaurants deal with whimsical requests
>>
>>7595531
it is definitely an american thing. it's called freedom. there is no reason to give your money to someone who will not give you what you want. yuropoors will give their money to any nobleman who shovels shit on their plate.
>>
>>7591057
Sounds dope.
>>
>>7595798
thank you for the lesson
explains why the last time i visited the us of a, i saw some eyetalian places that did sushi

what an innovative idea, mom and pop could enjoy frozen ravioli while their son authentic nipponese cuisine like his idol naruto

but if the owners are bending over for customers' whims, doesn't this make them un-free?
or is the us of a 90% consumers, 10% business owners?
>>
>>7591057
I want to do that too, I want to travel around my podunk area and sell 25c coffee in a styrofoam cup with only sugar and non dairy creamer, hot dogs, bags of chips, a rotating salad sandwich the daily paper and canned generic cola and hit up all the fishing areas, job sites, factory parking lots, town squares etc. I would roll in those old blue collar dollars all day long. If I could sell smokes and cheap beer I would.
>>
>>7595828
In America, "freedom" means "lowest common denominator." See also "democracy."
>>
This is a great rule, but you have to have balls to enforce it:
ANYTHING RETURNED MUST REMAIN LARGELY IN-TACT. (three bite max)

Used to work at a Japanese restaurant, where the nigs would order heavily, then complain, then eat all the food that was supposed to be returned while waiting for their new plates (and a "sorry and aay where's my discount")...well if it was so bad, then why is the plate empty? Hmmmm motherfuckers...
>>
$15 surcharge for special order substitutions due to food allergy because of the time and effort it takes to properly prepare such items to be reasonably free of any cross-contamination. no guarantees, either.
>>
Is there a legal way to keep morbidly obese people out
>>
>>7597279
narrow doors
>>
>>7597285
That was my first thought but there must be some fire hazard laws
>>
>>7590999
I'd run a pizzeria. People who asked for ranch would be told to leave and not come back.
>>
>>7597260
it's going in the trash anyway, might as well let someone have their fill
>>
>>7597279
>>7597285
>>7597289
Very small chairs. Or even better, small ass stools like in outside SE Asian food stalls.
>>
>>7597279
yeah any farm to table or cafe
>>
File: IMG_20160320_231124-1.jpg (449 KB, 1027x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160320_231124-1.jpg
449 KB, 1027x768
>>7597294
A pizza place I go to charges $40 for chicken bacon ranch pizzas because they don't want to make them.

Having worked at pizza hut, literally all white trash ordered chicken bacon pizzas with a shit ton of ranch on the side.
>>
>>7595561
how fucking stupid can you possibly be?
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 500x500
>>7597674
missed the france part fuk u
>>
>>7593229
Because the people who are uncomfortable with it are a larger majority than those who open carry.
>>
>>7595828
Owners also have the freedom to tell customers to fuck off but the raiser solution is to slightly modify something that takes two seconds and get to take their money.
>>
>all these butthurt shitskins itt
i didn't realize i was on reddit.
>>
>>7591288
I would go to your dads restaraunt with a friend and when your father asks why I didnt order anyyhing I would tell him im vegan then put it in his pooper.
>>
>>7597333
Nope, if someone complains and wants a new dish or a refund they do not get to keep the food or eat it. That's obvious, even if it goes in the trash.

That's the price they pay for not reading the menu before ordering.
>>
>>7597700

> the loud minority is the majority

next you will tell me the majority of people want the five guys girl to be president
>>
>>7591308
that's fucked up
we have a famous broth here in Taiwan, but it's like 1.20 a cup and comes with the bones with meat still sticking to them. you're supposed to order the broth with a meat and rice bowl, which costs about 75 cents.
>>
File: _20160319_105239.jpg (36 KB, 430x600) Image search: [Google]
_20160319_105239.jpg
36 KB, 430x600
> go into restaurant
> see guy standing in line with tool on his work belt
> immediately alert the owner
> tell him that tools that can kill people should be banned
> he agrees
> asks the cop to leave the store
> mfw several people sighed relief when that racist dangerous person had to leave the store
>>
File: broths.png (41 KB, 1048x500) Image search: [Google]
broths.png
41 KB, 1048x500
>>7592428
Disgusting.

I'm also intrigued, I want to profit off of yuppies and hipsters someday.
>>
File: tumblr_nwdr2ayE7o1tbzw6uo2_400.jpg (75 KB, 400x553) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwdr2ayE7o1tbzw6uo2_400.jpg
75 KB, 400x553
>>7597987
Jesus fuck I can't believe people spend money like this
>>
>>7595017
My father changes the menu literally every time I go out to restaurants with him. It's a control freak move - now he's a menu writer as well as a Lawyer
>>
>>7591288
Thats not enforcing rules, thats having a very limited menu
>>
>>7597289
Yeah, you have to comply with building code/fire/accessibility laws. I'm thinking the best legal deterrent is just smaller portions and a lack of a buffet. If an extremely large person cannot enter your up-to-code sized doors, it's not your problem.
>>
I feel like if I ran a restaurant I would want it to have a small strict very carefully designed menu
and because of that costs could stay in a sweet spot and mistakes would be minimal
I would just want the kind of restaurant that people would describe as unique but also very trusty

I think trying to do too much is a big reason why a lot of restaurants fail
people don't know what they want anyway
>>
>>7597987
>5.50 for a cup of chicken stock

cringed
>>
>>7597987
Just gonna warm one of these bad boys up and drink it on the go. Even has a flip top lid.
>>
>>7597987

this is pretty ridiculous honestly

these are basically like theme park prices but for something that takes pretty much no cooking experience to even make

I mean you could get actual soup for less than that and probably more of it
>>
>>7591434
direct hit on grid: C-K!

you sunk my imageboard!
>>
- No Niggers
- No Kids
- No obnoxious flamers
- No men with long hair
- No Ear Gauges
>>
>>7598403
>no niggers
>no spics
>no jews
>no feminists
>no christians
>free weed for everyone

MOON
MAN
>>
File: 1434722720619.jpg (67 KB, 603x403) Image search: [Google]
1434722720619.jpg
67 KB, 603x403
>>7598403
>>
>>7592853
You are actually so stupid that I am upset by your stupidity
>>
>>7591696
>they also make people move seats
So you get Jewed, and they interrupt your dining experience?
>>
>>7593428
>If you don't, you're an asshole
kek not exactly. if we're talking a business/restaurant/etc simply don't support that estabilishment because it's anti-rights and so you dont go in anyway

and otherwise from that type of scenario, it's still better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
>>
>gun nuts trying to turn every discussion into why we need to walk around with a 44 magnum hidden inside our rectum
You people are worse than atheists
>>
>>7597700
sir, you have accidentally said the opposite
i am sorry for this misfortune
>>
>>7599557
you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

tell me what you'd do if someone came to your house right now to rape and murder you and your family.

hoplophobes are the worst.
>>
>>7591630

I've been there, and I knew an actress friend in college who got a job as a waitress.

The place isn't bad, it's basically a Steak 'n' Shake or Johnny Rocket's type place. But it's a hell of a tourist trap and the wait staff says it gets pretty grating after a while, because the performance is pretty exhausting. Especially since you really have to "feel" the crowd - one wrong joke and you've gone from being humorously curmudgeonly to unforgivably offensive.
>>
>>7599557
Aggressive idiot(s). I'm very pro 2nd amendment, yet they're chimping out at me for me stating they don't have the right to carry weapons on private property when the owner disallows it. Not all Americans are assholes. Just these ones.

>>7599590
Dude, really? What does that have to do with your right to bear arms not overstepping a private business owner's right to not serve you as a customer when you carry weapons in his establishment without his permission?

>>7599578
Irrelevant. Restaurant owner has the right to decide in his establishment whether or not you may open carry, whatever his reason may be.
>>
>>7600165
>>
>>7590999
> No kids
Under 16? No service here. Kids are loud and annoying.

> Reviewers get 'special' service
'Special' in that they're kicked out and charged a flat fee for being dishonest fucks.

> No phones
Turn them in at the door. If you can't stand to be away from your phone for a while, you're not welcome. They're stored in a secure signal-proof locker by staff, and returned on your way out.

> No smoking, no smoking outside either
Smokers stink. Don't want them putting customers off their food.

> Prices are as written, no extra fees added
Because I hate additional stuff added to the prices shown. Bills will also come with tips pre-calculated and printed on, to save people needing their phones to work it out.
The system will ALSO allow you to add tips by percentage when using cards, because that's super convenient.
Notify the server about bill splits per order.

> No drunks
Customers are expected to know their limits. Get too drunk and out you go.

> Vegans/vegetardians
Vegans will not be tolerated. There will be meat-free dishes available

> Lactose/gluten
You're probably not lactose intolerant. Staff will be instructed to point to a notice stating that on the table. Gluten is a serious problem for a minority of people, so that can be accomodated by a gluten-free menu.

> The menu
No pretentious crap. It will serve solid, honest food. It won't pretend to be fancy cuisine or ethnic or anything, just somewhere that serves good food. Standard 'pub food' menu, but with a few other dishes added.
Extras will be clearly marked, as will side dishes.

> Condiments
There will be a list on the menu, request which ones you want.

> Hygiene
Hands WILL be washed before you're seated. With soap. There will be a sink at the door for it.
Wait staff will wash their hands regularly.
'Tap' water will be filtered, because not everyone's used to local water impurities.

> Management reserves the right to refuse service to picky eaters
The menu is the menu. Put up or GTFO.
>>
>>7591344
>A restaurant telling me I can't use the smart phone I paid for
So I'm guessing you don't want money or success in the restaurant business?
>>
>>7599590
>tell me what you'd do if someone came to your house right now to rape and murder you and your family.
can you get your sexual incest fantasies under control? no one is going to rape your daughter and no one is going to invade my home and re-enact some dungeon sex porn you downloaded.

can't we just say "I think guns are real neat and they're fun to shoot"? does everything have to involve some surrealist version of reality where there's a sex fiend lurking in every flower pot, waiting to sink his tentacle dicks into our eager, yet reluctant buttholes?

honestly what the fuck.
>>
>>7601693
>You're probably not lactose intolerant.
Lactose intolerance is far, far more common than gluten intolerance, though its effects are usually very mild and don't justify an avoidance of milk or milk products.
>>
>>7593276
Jesus christ, you remind me of this stupid Texas hick I had to interview for a job who was open carrying to the fucking interview. I obviously threw his resume in the trash as soon as he left. A pussy who needs a gun on them 100% of the time in case someone happens to cut them off in traffic should just stick with working graveyard shift at Walmart or McDonald's.
>>
>>7591288
What does your dad serve then?
>>
>>7601759
>>>/tumblr/

go there
>>
>>7601748
Celiac disease causes crippling pain and stomach cramps at even trace amounts of gluten. Lactose intolerance is simply intolerance, and there's no such thing as 'gluten intolerance'.
It's mostly faddy eating and kids raised on formula so they aren't getting the proper enzymes to drink milk. That, and african immigrants who don't have the enzymes for it either because milk doesn't fucking last in African climates.

>>7601729
>honestly what the fuck.
They're manlets, and have to justify their compensation somehow.
>>
>>7597279
bouncer
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.