[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>live in 3rd world wollongong >save up few months of wages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: miserable amphibian.jpg (33 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
miserable amphibian.jpg
33 KB, 400x343
>live in 3rd world wollongong
>save up few months of wages to enjoy a nice holiday in yurop
>finally visit france for some world-class cuisine
>it's shite
>tfw you fell for the french food is good meme
>>
File: 1432558596463.jpg (4 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1432558596463.jpg
4 KB, 160x120
>he doesn't live in rural Victoria

Move out of a flyover region and you'll get decent food like me
>>
File: 1395948414807.jpg (70 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
1395948414807.jpg
70 KB, 810x780
>>7590914
>tfw left bairnsdale for a major city
>tfw loads of super great restuarants and stuff to do
>tfw got a cute buff bara boyfriend within 5 months
Rural anywhere is garbage.
>>
I think the restaurant scene is terrible in France and I'm French myself. Overpriced garbage.
In Europe, Italians are much better at the culture and lifestyle game.

The best food experience is found in Asia, more specifically Tokyo. That city has the best kind of casual restaurants and the best kind of sophisticated ones. Paris looks like a grimy little village in comparison.

Fucking meme indeed.
>>
>>7590904
South coast here too bruh. Get out of that shit hole, move to melbourne.

I'm saving to go to yurop currently. How was the rest of it?
>>
>>7590914

>literally living in hipstoria

lol
>>
Next time you should save up the money for a permanent vacation. You know, one where you move out of a shitty country.
>>
>>7590917
>tfw no cute buff bara bf
>>
>>7590926

He would have to move to one first.
>>
>>7590918
Tokyo food scene is barren compared to Osaka.
>>
>>7590919
It was lovely actually, Germans are a bit autistic in their behaviour but great food and scenery. Nicest place I went was Holland.

>>7590918
Yeah to be honest I only ate in restos since I didn't know any locals or small hole-in-the-wall places that might have had genuine cooking but that doesn't make for a good OP.
>>
>>7590904
The good ones (the ones worth going to) are generally expensive. But there are also expensive restaurants that are shitty, especially near touristic areas.

The random ones that haven't disappointed me are those having short and constantly changing menus made of fresh ingredients, and surprisingly good cheap spot gems.
>>
>>7590973
the big Problem is that France is too touristic... over 50-60 million tourist a year, so most restaurants in touristic areas serve shit and don't care about... you have to meet local people and ask them where to go...
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.