[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ think of this sauce ? It's called tucupi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Tucupi2.jpg (58 KB, 842x558) Image search: [Google]
Tucupi2.jpg
58 KB, 842x558
What does /ck/ think of this sauce ? It's called tucupi and it's from the amazon.(Brazillian Amazon) it's flavor ranges from acid to somewhat sweet.
I personally think it's amazing and i wonder why no one has used it in international cuisine.
>>
It looks like orange juice and egg yolk.

YUMMY
>>
>>7590761
Orange-flavor hollandaise sounds awesome. OP's sauce, a manioc derivative that numbs your mouth and will kill you if it's undercooked, does not sound as awesome.
>>
>>7590757
It's impossible to find fresh bitter cassava in the West without it being gardened or you live near a very immigrant heavy are that will grow it.

Cassava doesn't store well, it's a literal root that still "breathes" so it's dipped in wax.
>>
>>7590757
i was about to say that Brazilian Amazon only sell books, then it hit me
>>
>>7590776
>Orange-flavor hollandaise sounds awesome
Maltaise sauce is a classic variation of hollandaise, finished with orange juice and zest. It's pretty good
>>
>>7590776
Well, it's kind of hard to undercook it, and it doesn't numb your mouth, that's a plant we eat here called "Jambu" (Acmella oleracea if you want the scientific name) That's usually eaten in foods that have Tucupi.
>>
>>7590797 (Me again)
Also never ever even heard of anyone dying because of it.
>>
Brazilianfag here, this shit is amazing when you cook some duck meat in it. Also with a shitton of jambu. Also with shrimps.
>>
>>7590757
>that picture
>flavor ranges from acid to somewhat sweet
that's orange juice, OP. Stop feeling like a special snowflake.
>>
>>7590757
>Br

BR
>BR
>huehuehuehuHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

hue
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.