[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sunflower seeds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: Sunflower.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Sunflower.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>There are people on this very board that don't eat the entire seed whole

I seriously can't believe people waste time cracking them open, be it in their mouth or with their hands, then spitting the shell out.

I can't be your friend if you do this, /ck/.
>>
I didn't even know it could be opened.
>>
>>7590166
>Not just buying the kernels in bulk

FAGGOT
>>
Best flavor.
>>
>>7590180
This isn't even a contest.

>>7590178
>Being a lazy fuck
>Missing out on delicious high blood pressure taste
They're also more expensive
>>
sunflower seeds are for hicks that watch baseball
>>
chewed shells tear me up on their way out
>>
>>7590195
I buy 12 bags at a time and eat them constantly but have never experienced shells out my ass.
>>
I don't understand the problem.

Popping a handful in your mouth and opening them one by one, then chewing up the seed and spitting out the shell is great, and relaxing. And it's not like it takes all your concentration so that you're unable to do something else, so you can't say it wastes time. It also allows you to enjoy a food for a long period of time without eating too much.

It sound like maybe you just bought a bag, couldn't figure out how to shell them with your mouth, and got frustrated doing it by hand. You need to use your mouth; all the flavor is on the shell, dummy.
>>
>>7590207
Eating one by one is superior.
I can shell them in my mouth easily, it's just pointless to spit them out when it all taste the fucking same.
>>
>>7590207
Spitting is gross.
>>
>>7590220

>that's what he said
>>
>>7590166
I would do that, but I have an obsession with checking every seed. I buy spitz sunflower seeds and sometimes they have awful black rotten ones inside.
>>
File: I know a worse one.gif (428 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
I know a worse one.gif
428 KB, 245x230
>>7590220
>>
>There are people on this very board that don't buy chocolate covered sunflower kernels so that they can suckle off the chocolate and spit the kernels out
>>
>>7590184
I'm lucky to have a WinCo near me. It's like $1.25 for a pound of kernels
>>
File: 51olcnHfLhL._SY355_.jpg (28 KB, 285x355) Image search: [Google]
51olcnHfLhL._SY355_.jpg
28 KB, 285x355
My dad used to eat the dill pickle ones.
>>
Are you guys trolling? Who the fuck eats the whole thing? Even rodents and birds know to not eat the shell...
>>
>>7590668
Unlike the rodent or the bird, we humans are truly the light in the darkness of animalistic ignorance. Surely they do not know any better.
So eat the shells knowing that you truly are the apex of the animal kingdom.
>>
It took me a few minutes to realize that y'all are just trying to get some poor newb to swallow a chewed-up sunflower shell. Ouch, I can't imagine how much that would hurt.

Do it, newfags.
>>
>>7590166
>people waste time cracking them open
But that's the best part
>>
If I wanted to eat wood, I'd eat pre-grated cheese which has been dusted with cellulose powder.
>>
I love the shells they are so dull without them
>>
>>7590166
It makes them last longer, and I don't shit shards. They're kind of fun to eat actually, working them in your supple mouth and having a container to fill to feel accomplished while watching a television program
>>
>>7590190
hicks watch lard collide
>>
>>7590166
>not buying front row tickets to your local minor league ball team
>not staring some 19 year old faggot dead in the eyes and spitting the shell in his direction when they come up to bat
>>
Nothing in this thread makes sense and nor so these seed
>>
I like putting a whole bunch of them in my mouth, chewing them a bit so that they're all split apart, sucking the flavor off of them, and then spitting the disgusting mushy seed mass out. I guess that's not normal or something though.
>>
I don't even eat them. I just suck the salt off them.
>>
I had no idea that people spit out the shells
I've always eaten them no prob
>>
Extra roughage. Never had a painful shit because of ingesting the chewed up shells. Although, if your intestines were vulnerable from some condition or you had ulcers or something I don't think it'd be the best idea.
>>
>>7590728
It doesn't hurt that much. I did it a few times before I realized you weren't supposed to. Not exactly enjoyable on the way out though. Digesting the shells is hard, so you end up with shells in your shit.
>>
>>7590166
I put a handful in my mouth and crack them open with my mouth hands-free, just spitting out the shells whenever I need to

it's easy
>>
I used to eat them with the shell until the time I got several constipated because of it. Really wasnt fun
>>
>>7590166
enjoy your appendicitis op
>>
>>7590166
>eating the shells

I bet you eat your steak rare too you fucking cave man.
>>
>not sauteing sunflower seeds in bacon grease
>>
>>7590180
>>7590504
I didnt know there were flavored seeds. Just the salty ones
>>
File: 15-11-27.jpg (64 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
15-11-27.jpg
64 KB, 500x332
Last time I ate sunflower seeds, I had a whole bag and I got really fucking sick for almost 3 days.
>>
>tfw you eat the whole bag in a day and get sores on your tongue
>>
>>7590504
They somehow manage to be saltier than the plan salt ones

Salt and Pepper ones are the best I think. Barbecue are great (one brand sucks, I think it's Davids that suck)
Dill Pickle Vlassic are the best pickle ones
Ranch is always bad. Bacon isn't too good but I still finished the bag.
>>
>>7597176
David's BBQ used to be good, but they changed the seasoning and now it tastes weird. I still eat them tho...
>>
>>7590728
I've tried to do that before when I was younger. Tastes like you are chewing on fingernails.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.