[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>prepare dinner for sister and her boyfriend >boyfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: resampled_Richard Kano 1.jpg (162 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
resampled_Richard Kano 1.jpg
162 KB, 500x417
>prepare dinner for sister and her boyfriend
>boyfriend claims that the steak is "the best he's ever fucking had", I think that's flattering
>I'm glad I pulled everything off, the shrimp was nice too
>insists I go into culinary school
>unsure because it seems like a really shitty time
>currently a retarded idiot NEET with a net worth of at least negative 10K
>can still go back to college

Thoughts?
>>
>>7589518
Go back to college, you can cook for your friends and family, who you'll have around since you won't be doing coke and drinking until 5am with a bunch of ex cons.
>>
>>7589537
Sounds about right.
>>
>>7589518
Just get a job in a kitchen while you're in college. That way you'll learn some skills you can use in your home cooking once you graduate and get a better job.
>>
>>7589518
Get a job in a kitchen, realize it is a shit way to make a living, become motivated to go back to school and not drop out again
>>
>>7589546
Yeah, I speak from experience. Took me ten years to figure it out.
>>
>>7589537
It seems like I might work in one of the only kitchens where no one uses hard drugs and almost no one has ever seen the inside of a cell.
>>
>>7589566
They don't tell you they've done time unless you do drugs with them. If they don't offer you drugs they think you're a narc or boring as fuck.
>>
>>7589518
I haven't done it, but Chef seems like one of those professions where people see the celebrity chefs, those at the top of their game, and see it as a great career. Then they actually get into it and realise it's very stressful, demanding (mentally, time-wise, and at times physically) and not particularly well paid job, with the only way to break out of it being years of sacrifice, good luck and blowjobs.
>>
>>7589577
I've worked with these people for over a year and been to the bars with them. Trust me, they don't do hard drugs. A couple of them have barely ever smoked weed.
>>
You think this boyfriend of hers is some culinary expert and his opinion is that important? And you think this one validation is some sort of calling that you are a gift to cooking?

Idk lad, I'd cool it a bit, definitely go back to school if you can afford it. If 10k is debt, work on that too.
>>
File: whale.png (404 KB, 544x462) Image search: [Google]
whale.png
404 KB, 544x462
>>7589614
>implying it is I who should cool it
Nigga I'm just saying I'm getting into cooking and one dude said it was good
>>
>>7589518
I didn't know Filthy Frank was actually a chef.
>>
>>7589644
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qKJS-8bzoA
>>
>>7589518

Don't ruin a favorite hobby.

cook for yourself and your friends and fuck the pro thing
>>
>>7589518

culinary school is a waste. don't pursue a job cooking unless you are a heroin addict or a felon.

go back to school
>>
>>7589518
sounds like he is hitting on you, maybe your sister is boring in bed
>>
>Willingly becoming a chef

Its like you WANT to be lower middle class for the rest of your life
>>
>>7589903
This. I enjoy cooking for myself and people around the house, but I'm pretty sure if I had to cook on a schedule for a job, I would absolutely hate it.
>>
>>7589930

most of the chefs i knew were lower class not lower middle. making child support payments every month and getting cash advances to buy weed/drugs from the line cooks.
>>
Everyone who can lay out a dinner party with better food than a chain restaurant has their pleb friends telling them they should open a restaurant. Doesn't make it a good idea.

You don't wanna be a chef unless you have no other options available.
>>
>>7589537
Fucking kek

2 tru
>>
>>7589518
That was his way of encouraging you to do something with your life because he finally saw something you're good at. So that's kinda cool. It's a difficult profession though. On the other hand, what the fuck are you doing with your life? Just go back to school, doofus.
>>
>>7589537
what this guy said. I was interested in culinary school for a bit too, but it seems like a good chunk, if not the majority, of people in the industry basically end up hating to cook because they do it all day.

just make it a hobby so it remains something you enjoy, and get a degree in something that makes money and that you don't hate. that's what I'm doing anyway, hopefully it was a good call.
>>
Go to college while you're young.

Former chef here, I did culinary school, worked in professional kitchens for 10 years. I ended up hating it, and back in school in my late 20s. I regret it everyday of my life for all of the wasted time and money.

Restaurants are hard, dirty, under-payed, unappreciated work. You have no life other than the resteraunt, every night is stressful, and kills any passion you have for cooking. Keep it as a hobby, work in restaurants as a side job, but don't let it become your life.
>>
>>7589518
if you want to get into cooking, go to a kitchen, not a school. if you suck at networking, don't ever expect to get anywhere high.
>>
>>7589537
Preach
>>
>>7589518
>working as a chef out of culinary school
>you will never pay off that debt

cooking in the united states at a restaurant will not be worth the money. If you love doing it go ahead, but you are better off either skipping the schooling and just start working under a chef, or just keep cooking a hobby.

best option? go back to school and find a wife with a promising career, become stay at home dad. cook and remain NEET at home while wife works.
>>
your sisters boyfriend seems like a nice fellow. you don't deserve him in your life. you should cut contact
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.