[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chocolate chip cookies dilemma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: best-chocolate-chip-cookies-3.jpg (271 KB, 2006x2006) Image search: [Google]
best-chocolate-chip-cookies-3.jpg
271 KB, 2006x2006
So I decided to make a double batch of chocolate chips cookies, but I forgot to double the butter/shortening. So there are only two sticks of butter rather than a cup of butter and a cup of margarine. How fucked am I?
>>
>>7588823

Well.. if you haven't put it in the oven yet, you can add some oil of some sort..

but either way you're probably fine.

bonus points to you if you brush butter all over them when they come out.
>>
Each stick of butter is 1/2 a cup.
>>
>>7588831
I have never heard of this trick. Does it soften them? Thank you :) they are in the oven and seemingly healthy cookies as of right now.
>>
Take pictures of how they look coming out.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-19-17-52-51.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-19-17-52-51.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Turned out pretty good :)
>>
>>7589103
You made those ones without butter? Look pretty good
>>
>>7589116
Well, without the doubled amount of butter for the double batch. But yeah! I'm surprised too. Thank you :D
>>
>>7588823
1 stick of butter is 8 tablespoons, 1 cup is 16 tablespoons.
>>
>>7589213
>and a cup of margarine
>>
>>7589103
undercooked, needs more mallard affect
>>
>>7589213
I was not confused about the measurements. Perhaps I should have phrased it better, but I knew where I had messed up.
>>
>>7589231
This is the amount of maillards effect I find appetizing.
>>
>>7589383
just a few more minutes or a higher temp
>>
>>7588823

my recipe only uses 1 stick of butter.. wtf kinda shit were you trying to make?
>>
>>7589462
>double batch
reading comprehension
>>
>>7589462
Actually for one batch my recipe calls for 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter. So normally I would use only one stick and then 1/2 cup of Crisco to make the cookies hold their shape but taste good. I had forgotten to put in the 1 cup of Crisco I would need in a double batch, so I had half the cups of butter/Crisco needed. It worked out the, so its whatever
>>
>>7589584
Yes but my cookie calls for only 1 stick for a double batch.
I dont see the problem
>>
>>7589103
I'd eat that. You could have done way worse but they look fine.
>>
>>7589505

recipe uses 1 stick
he has 2 sticks

you failed math didn't you jaquan...
>>
>>7589584

3/4 cup white
3/4 cup brown
1 stick butter
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cup flour
some vanilla i just pour whatever i have leftover usually fuck it
light on the chips maybe like a cup

leave the dough in the fridge overnight

375 ~9 mins

best cookie. 2 stick butter is garbage
>>
>>7589383
You should try with thirteen more malliard. Thirteen more malliard is much more good it's optimal you'll see.
>>
>>7589906
He just needed a few more minutes in the oven
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.