[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ think of Chipotle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: proper_food_protocol.jpg (56 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
proper_food_protocol.jpg
56 KB, 660x330
What does /ck/ think of Chipotle?
>>
It's pretty cool that we can piss and shit because otherwise life would kinda suck, you know? It's like i told dirty dan the man - don't eat cheeseburgers in bed man, it's counter-intuitive.
>>
>reaching over the guard.

fucking disgusting.
>>
File: UTripm8.png (375 KB, 480x470) Image search: [Google]
UTripm8.png
375 KB, 480x470
>>7588587
Why eat chipotle when you could get even better authentic Mexican food made in less clean cooking areas?
>>
>>7588629

Because maybe I don't want Mexican food. I want california-style instead, which is what Chipotle serves.
>>
>>7588587
It's disgusting total literally a complete meme that the "muh fresh local grown" crowd perpetuated. I can get better food at my local taqueria and for cheaper.
>>
>>7588655
They lied about being GMO free
>>
>>7588626
This
>>
>sad brown people
>make sad brown food

the end. sage in all fields
>>
>>7588655
Their food used to be much better, imo. I don't know if it's their actual product or just quality controls for protocol. But now I get chipotle and instead of the decliousness I remember, the meat is lukewarm, it's chewy, tough. No good.

And there's a reason their stock value is down 40% since October. When you get one E. coli outbreak, that's bad. Multiple in a row? Terrible. That means there's probably feces in your food.
>>
File: Chipotle Burrito.jpg (76 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
Chipotle Burrito.jpg
76 KB, 640x434
Delicious as an alternative to McDik.
>>
I like their food, tastey and tastes fresh, but it feels like its killing me like 20min after i finnish my burrito.
>>
>>7588626
He's the president of the united states of america. His hands are probably cleaner than the containers that shit is sitting in.
>>
>>7588654
So California style is bland garbage? I'll be sure to stay away from there.
>>
>>7588725
>falling for corporate sabotage, lol
>>
It's pretty good, but I don't buy into the hype and think their standards for "organic" are pretty hilarious and only serve to jack up the prices.
>>
>>7588821
Not him but why do act so passive-aggressive because he likes something you don't?
>>
>>7588821
Do you realize how childish you sound?
>>
>>7588732
> Maybe because you just ate 1000 calories and 3000mg of sodium in one burrito.
>>
File: 1436412681189.gif (52 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1436412681189.gif
52 KB, 200x200
>>7588654
>Mfw I have an actual mexican restruant that makes both Mexican and Californian-style burritos.
The Californian burrito actually has cheesy fries and guac mixed in, it's amazing.
>>
It's Okay if you happen to not live in an area with real Mexican food. But if you live in southern California and you're eating this shit, there's no excuse, you gay as hell. Honestly, I think Del Taco is better.
>>
>>7588844
Please anon, they've done independent studies, it's very demonstrable. They contract with so many different suppliers, it shouldn't be surprising that they're having troubles. They blamed it on Straya beef, iirc
>>
>>7588654
Chipotle began in Colorado though.
>>
"""""Mexican"""""" food watered down and bastardized and sold at a premium to the culturally-dead, Whole-Foods-shopping, yelp-review-writing feckless majority, causing higher-quality small local businesses to go under

Chipotle, Pieology, and its other soul-less derivatives are to family-owned restaurants as Walmart was to a small convenience store circa 2002
>>
>>7589326
Only people I usually see eat it are white folks and white washed Asians.

The Asians straight from Asia actually go to the dirty greasy taco joints.

Maybe the aesthetic is off putting for people.
>>
i heard its the hottest place to get food poisoning
>>
>>7588812
You are now thinking about how many hands a politician shakes a day.
>>
File: 1460664028650.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1460664028650.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
tastes a lot better without their """""salsa""""""
>>
>>7589435
Well, what's wrong with the salsa?
>>
>>7588587
The place where there are sneeze shields for the customers but none for the employees?
>>
If you're going to ask for double meat, tell them after they put the first scoop on. Otherwise they'll give you 2 smaller scoops if you tell them right away
>>
I went to chipotle once and got a steak burrito. It was $10. Thankfully I had a coupon for a free 'rito, but I'd never go there if they expected me to pay.

Burrito was ok I guess. Checked the nutrition info on their site afterwards and wasn't that pleased. Only like 26 g protein or something bullshit like that. The nice thing was that their plastic forks and stuff felt really sturdy.
>>
>>7589453
overpowering and tastes bad. you can actually taste the other ingredients without it. the carnitas actually taste pretty good
>>
I don't get the appeal of lukewarm goop wrapped in a tortilla.
>>
I would really enjoy Chipotle/Qdoba burritos if they would just mix the ingredients. They put the guac on with an ice cream scooper for god sake, so you end up with half the bites being chicken, then bites that are entirely guac/sour cream/etc. And ya I realize I could get a burrito bowl with shells on the side and mix it myself, but that's tedious when I want a burrito on the go
>>
used to be a big fan

not so much anymore. lotta weird changes like adding brown rice and all this weird sjw shit
>>
>>7590091

Lol what??
>>
Shitty crew, shitty results; always get a bowl because these people cannot wrap burritos to save their life.
Good crew, pretty good results; understand simple mechanics and make a proper burrito
>>
Mexican starbucks that's going to put you in the hospital
>>
>>7590099
4chan.
>>
File: 1460135731618.jpg (15 KB, 751x418) Image search: [Google]
1460135731618.jpg
15 KB, 751x418
>>7589524
>The nice thing was that their plastic forks and stuff felt really sturdy.
>>
I ate there for a while until finding a local Mexican restaurant that charges about the same for similar portions.
>>
>>7589312
Shh, coastfags need to claim shitty franchises as their own to keep calling people flyovers.
>>
>>7588587
Basically a finished franchise.

CDC failed them multiple times.

Do you really want to go to a hospital over a burrito?
>>
>>7589579
If you have one around, go to Panchero's
They mix it up at the end for you.
>>
>>7589312
Yeah but I think they mean the style, which originated in the mission in SF.
>>
I like it because it's just simple as hell and tastes okay for what it is. I'd rather eat that over some fatty mcburger burgers any day. I normally just order 3 soft corn tacos with steak, rice and the hot salsa. They're like $6 please and I'm on my way back out to the work van. Easy cheesy. I don't GAF about all the MY AUTHENTICITY bs it's a fucking work lunch. Who gives a crap.
>>
I'll eat it occasionally. I usually get a steak burrito, brown rice, black beans, onions & peppers, pico, hot sauce, and corn salsa, and it feels like a complete meal. Price is comparable to Five Guys or Firehouse Subs.

Blah blah blah, it's a meme, it's too expensive, e coli, authentic is better, whatever, none of those have ever been a problem for me.
>>
random thoughts

1. Their hottest salsa isn't even as hot as tabasco (which they keep next to the napkins it seems, for people like me). This is how I know it's food meant for white moms.

2. They are ridiculously popular with culinarily-meek college kids. The nearest Chipotle to me is on a block where literally every building is a similarly-priced ethnic restaurant. That Chipotle alone gets as much business as 5 of the others combined. I think their target market is "kids who have only had tex-mex from taco bell and the school cafeteria, so our burritos will blow them away so hard they'll never go anywhere else".

3. Their bowls never fill me. It's just not very much food from what I could tell. I end up paying what, $7.50 for a bowl? For an extra buck I could go to teriyaki and get twice the portion size and end up being full all day.

4. This is more of a value judgment but, chipotle burritos taste too "organized" to me. The ingredients don't really mesh into each other and create this cohesive whole that you get from burritos at a taqueria. Everything has a dry cleanness that's just totally at odds with the juicy mess that a burrito should be imo. However, this is probably a big part of their appeal to the aforementioned target market, who might find taqueria burritos off-putting. I have a chipotle-addicted friend who literally will not eat burritos that aren't from chipotle. She outright does not like burritos, she just likes chipotle's subtly-distinct take on them. And yeah, she's an upper middle-class whitewashed asian girl. Shit's funny when stereotypes line up that hard.
>>
>>7591287
>the bowls never fill me

how fucking fat are you?
>>
>>7588626
He's also muslim, so we can at least be thankful he isn't pointing with this left hand.
>>
>>7591307
Not very! And still, those bowls never fill me. Maybe it's because I skip out on lettuce. Not sure. Their burritos fill me up just fine, but I've yet to find a chipotle with staff who can actually wrap them properly.
>>
File: deathstare.png (123 KB, 391x375) Image search: [Google]
deathstare.png
123 KB, 391x375
>>7588626
>fucking niggers
>>
>>7591287
I ate at Chipolte for the first time last week here are some of my thoughts in response to your thoughts.
>1. Their hottest salsa isn't even as hot
Yea I also noticed it was pretty anemic in the spice department, but seeing as I don't measure my penis in scoville units I just chalked it up to mass appeal, no need to be racist.
>2.
Coming off of that last point mass appeal isn't always a bad thing. They're a business not cuilinary artisans trying to take you on a journey into mexican cuisine (it was always intended to be californian anyway). And for the record I have eaten tacos at the little local places owned by mexican families that you seem to love so much, I found them very similar. I think people like you just look at a large successful franchise and assume it will never be as good as what a couple of broke mexicans can make in the back of a food truck, again, sounds pretty racist to me.
>3.
My burrito filled me up from an empty stomach, I don't know what to tell you tubby
>4.
This is highly opinionated so I get it if you prefer your burritos sloppy that's fine but again I have to wonder why you keep bringing race into this? You seem like one of those upper-middle class white guys who bitches constantly about white culture and how shallow and pointless it is as you desperately try to find another culture to latch onto by choking down spicy food and sloppy poor quality burritos. You can love your own culture buddy, it's okay, white people don't like certain foods because of cultural and sometimes even evolutionary reasons which would be perfectly valid if you were talking about any other race, but because you're talking about evil whitey they get ostracized for it.
t. asian/black half breed
>>
>>7588587
Tried it all, chicken is best. Don't like their cheese. Cilantro lime rice is so good.
>>
>>7588919
That's a "California Burrito", which is a Los Angeles style burrito, whereas Chipotle is a "Mission Burrito" which is the San Francisco style.

People who disparage Chipotle for not being authentic Mexican food are just showing how completely unaware they are.

>>7589579
You can just ask them to mix the fucking ingredients before they wrap it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>7591417
>makes an entire post about being butthurt over pointing out that flyover whiteys can't handle spice
>t. asian/black half breed

sure buddy
>>
Never had it, but I've had Freebirds and that was pretty good for what I paid for.
>>
File: 1453400513422.jpg (53 KB, 397x392) Image search: [Google]
1453400513422.jpg
53 KB, 397x392
>>7591417
>asian/black half breed

Steak burrito
Black beans
White rice
Red hot
Pico
Cheese
Lettuce
Mix it up
Eat with green Tabasco and iced tea
Thanks
>>
>>7591494
>That's a "California Burrito", which is a Los Angeles style burrito
No. "California Burrito" is a specialty from SD. Standard Burritos in South CA are the same as everywhere in the Southwest. They are not "California Burritos".

Chipotle is not even really mission-style except for having some wet ingredients. Actual mission-style is wetter and stuffed to the point of falling apart.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.