[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't we all just cut the crap and admit that white
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: bread.jpg (286 KB, 2190x1460) Image search: [Google]
bread.jpg
286 KB, 2190x1460
Why don't we all just cut the crap and admit that white bread, or in other words, bread made without husks and shit in the flour, is better than wheat bread in all flavor-related aspects?
>>
>>7586461
Personally I go for deep fried pancake batter dollops.
>>
>>7586461
>opinion = fact

aspy kek
>>
I prefer honey wheat.
>>
File: header.jpg (4 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
4 MB, 4320x3240
I prefer pumpernickel. It actually kinda tastes like something.
>>
>>7586461
rye bread best bread
>>
File: Kürbiskernbrot.jpg (249 KB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
Kürbiskernbrot.jpg
249 KB, 530x300
nope.
>>
>>7586479
Very respectable
>>
>>7586480

this with a good fondue is the shit
>>
As a soup bowl or as a method of scooping up sauce, yes. As a sandwich holder, no, multi grain bread all the way. Also, homemade wheat pita chips are the shit.
>>
>>7586480
subtle fucking ruse with your earth balance.

I ate a vegan diet for half a year just to fuck with the haterz and as a weird disciple thing 'cuz i'm weird like that but still that shit is lame just eat some butter
>>
File: olive.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2738) Image search: [Google]
olive.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2738
>>7586681
>just eat butter all the time,

I like to vary my spreadable fats. I do buy butter less often because muh saturated fats, but I still like it. Why would you restrict yourself to one thing all the time? I buy all sorts of weird shit at the store, it's fun.

Have you ever had gluten free bread? Have you ever had coconut milk ice cream? Or smoked tofu? Or sugar free shortbread?
>>
>2000 + 4^2
>eating bread
leeeeeeeeel
>>
All bread is nice if it's good, anon.
>>
>>7586739
I have had gluten free stuff and enjoyed it, and i guess I'm kind of like you in that I try out stuff just 'cuz. really i was just looking for some bantz on the chan.

have a good one my dude.
>>
>>7586461
If you hate bread so much that you don't want it to have any flavour, why eat it at all?
>>
File: Russian Rye_Boule0413.jpg (136 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Russian Rye_Boule0413.jpg
136 KB, 640x480
>>7586461

Rye Breads are god tier. White bread is a reduced sugar cake.
>>
I only what white bread for hot dog and hamburger buns.
>>
File: 1454213766437.png (60 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454213766437.png
60 KB, 557x605
I bought white bread tomato's and mayo today

sliced it up and slapped it together and threw some salt/pepper on

and DAMN
>>
>>7586484
This isn't an opinion it's just a genuine fact. Good taste, anon.
>>
File: product-classic-white.png (403 KB, 736x607) Image search: [Google]
product-classic-white.png
403 KB, 736x607
Yep, you just can't beat Wonder Bread with JIF for a nice PB&J. God bless 'murica.
>>
>>7587170
My mom used to eat that!
>>
>>7586479
>honey wheat
flour and sugar. How innovative.
>>
>>7588254
>honey is just sugar
mmmhmmm
>>
>>7588258

Would it offend your autism less if we said honey was 20% water, 79.98% sugar, and 0.02% traces of other things?
>>
>>7588266
>traces of other things that give it an entirely different taste profile and antimicrobial properties

Yeah food is just sugar, fat, and protein.

Do you live in the early 90s? Are you dense?
>>
>>7588292

But those things aren't relevant in the context of baking bread. In the context of this discussion it might as well be just plain sugar.

Honey is not as special as you think it is.
>>
>>7588298

>if you add honey or sugar it will bake the same way
>you can just substitute it they are interchangeable

please tell me more about how much you bake
>>
>>7588266
By this logic Brewers beer made with nothing but sugar is wine because Berries are mostly just sugar and water amirite ?
>>
>>7588298
You clearly have no taste buds and do not bake.
>>
>>7588298
Keksimus
>>
>>7588303
>>if you add honey or sugar it will bake the same way
>>you can just substitute it they are interchangeable

Sorry, that wasn't my point anon.

My point is that a lot of people seem to want to ascribe a lot of mystical health benefits to honey; these are largely untrue as honey is mostly just plain sugar. Those trace elements of other things aren't present in enough quality to matter.

I did not mean to imply that you could sub sugar for honey on an equal basis in a recipe. My point was that honey isn't any healthier than a sugar based recipe.
>>
>>7588321
I'm glad you spent the time frantically researching and finding out you were wrong.

>Those trace elements of other things aren't present in enough quality to matter.
[source needed]

Many compounds can elicit effects in what you would consider "trace quantities".

However, your initial post on the honey matter was that honey was simply sugar. You were not discussing the therapeutic benefits of honey, you were stating that honey in bread = sugar in bread.

In short, you are a retard who is treading in his own shit.
>>
>>7586461
>admit that white bread, or in other words, bread made without husks and shit in the flour, is better

Hmmmmm . . . .In some applications YES!

There is no doubt that a simple white-sliced loaf makes better toast.

Garlic Bread, a French baguette.

If you want to dip your bread in quality olive oil, again nothing beats a French Baguette but only in France, for some reason you cannot replicate that bread anywhere!

You want a decent BLT . . .then nothing beats a British Farmhouse loaf.

Latvian Rye bread (don't confuse it with rubbish American rye bread) may be similar to the Russian stuff posted here >>7586836
I don't know but I found it's rather rich and only good for serving with butter (similar to a British malt loaf)

Anything else is best suited to some sort of wholemeal.
>>
File: KNÄCKEBRÖÖ.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
KNÄCKEBRÖÖ.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
>>7586461
depends on what you put on it desu
pic related is godteir with some liver pate
>>
>>7586461
But I like white bread.

I also like various other types of breads like whole wheat, multigrain, rye, pumpernickel, just about any kind of bread.

Except gluten free bread. That shit is fucking awful.
>>
>>7588331
>nothing beats a French Baguette but only in France, for some reason you cannot replicate that bread anywhere!

That's bullshit and you know it. How up your own ass are you?
>>
>>7589630
French baguettes are very different from baguettes sold in most other places though. It's the flour.

Not the guy you're arguing with, just a guy with a passport ;)
>>
>>7586461
nigger detected.
>>
>>7589630
You're about to enter a battle you won't win, friend-o

France knows its bread. Don't question it, just fly there and give it a try.
>>
>>7589652
Yeah, it's a lower protein flour. Pretty easy to find.
>>
If we're talking the utmost standard of sandwich breads, then yes, I would have to agree white bread is better.

However, if it's anything else, it could go either way.

White Wonder Bread is better than whole wheat Wonder Bread, but whole wheat multigrain is better than both of them shits.

I also can't forget my nigga Pumpernickel and Russian Rye.
>>
>>7589661
It's just type 55 flour. You can make that shit at home my man. My family got damn good at it, considering we are french.
>>
>>7586461
I used to love white bread cause I used to eat alot of brisket, but then I switched to nature's own honey wheat it's so soft and taste great!
>>
>>7586461
wheat bread with sunflower seeds > your life.
>>
>>7589666
Nice trips satan. I didn't say it's impossible to make, notice I said "sold".

Yes I've had French style baguettes in the USA.. They are certainly not the norm, though, maybe 1 out of 100 is made like that.
>>
>>7589714
>for some reason you cannot replicate that bread anywhere!

>Yes I've had French style baguettes in the USA.
Pick one.
>>
>>7589734
You're confusing two different posters, anon. Remember on 4chan, "Anonymous" isn't a person's name.

And the reason would probably be demand. There is no demand for French style baguettes. I don't know why, that's just how it is.
>>
>>7586461
>eating low fibre grain products

EL OH EL
>>
Yeah I love the taste of paper.
Are you an infant OP?
Do you need soft and unoffensive food?
>>
File: Untitled.png (355 KB, 380x590) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
355 KB, 380x590
>>7589738
having lived both in and outside the US I think the issue is the US car-based city design. Non-US countries often have hundreds more, smaller food markets on basically every corner. People buy food every day and eat it the same day. Here, you go to costco once a month and wal-mart once a week. Who wants to drive to a bakery every day for fresh bread?
my capcha is related
>>
I love wheat bread.
>>
My favorite is Outback's Australian bread that they give for free
>>
Potato and Italian are the god-breads.

I don't know what the fuck Italian bread actually is, but it's delicious.

love me some brod mjukkaka too
>>
>>7586461
Whole grain is loaded with omega 6, white bread is not, Americans already get way too much omega 6 compared to omega 3 and it's not good.

>>7588221
Yea, there's nothing better than a nice layer of smooth peanut butter between 2 soft untoasted pieces of Wonder Bread.

>>7588331
Latvian, Lithuanian or Polish rye bread are very similar from my experience, can be found throughout US neighborhood bakeries, there are cheap versions, mass produced and sold in some super markets though. There's a pollack bakery 2 blocks from my house that makes this bread daily and several others within a 2 mile radius. I love making cold cut sandwiches with the bakery versions of this bread, thin slices hold well and punch a lot of flavor, never mind how dense the bread is. It's my favorite sandwich bread.

>>7589630
There are some bakeries in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens that almost get baguettes to french level infamy.

>>7590048
Move out of the sticks doofus, most people who live in US cities are within walking distance to several bakeries. On a side note, even small euro towns have them within walking distance, but in most US towns you'll have to drive to a bakery.
>>
nah I'll take wheat the majority of the time. unless it's a baguette or some kind of bread I don't eat regularly. I even had wheat pizza which was a nice change
>>
I'll tell you what white bread is good for, and that is motherfucking cheese

Seriously, toasted wonderbread is GOAT for high-end cheeses - mainly sweet with some light yeast notes, lets the cheese be the star

hit that off with some viogner or sauvignon blanc, now you're living
>>
>>7586461

I really like Portuguese rolls.
>>
>>7586739
That's a good idea. I never thought of shopping like that
>>
File: images(117).jpg (10 KB, 322x156) Image search: [Google]
images(117).jpg
10 KB, 322x156
>>7586461
I don't think so. Both white bread and pic related are good for different things but if I have to choose one for life, I'd choose pic related.
>>
Shiner bread is pretty good. but I don't have a recipe.
>>
>>7588331
You need to take the multicultural dick out of your mouth.
>>
>>7590956
>US cities are within walking distance to several bakeries
proof?
>>
i disagree but ok feel that way

>jimmy john's 7 grain bread

my taste buds goddamn yes
>>
File: 1458435606392.jpg (393 KB, 1362x393) Image search: [Google]
1458435606392.jpg
393 KB, 1362x393
>>7586484
>>7586484
This guy right here knows his stuff.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.