[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn...
>>
>>7586295
>roots on the garlic bulb
absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>7586295

Feels bad, Cthulhu bro.
>>
>>7586295
>gallon of tobasco
>>
>>7586295
That's a lot of garlic.
>>
he looks comfortable
also your spoon rest really looks like an ashtray my grandparents had
>>
>>7586295
Looks metal as fuck, I'd eat that shit
>>
>>7586295
>BathtimeforDavyJones.png
>>
Post results op.
>>
>>7586295
>whole heads of garlic
Nigger what.
>>
>>7586315
Noted for next time.
>>7589509
Just for flavoring. The octopus gets put on the grill to crisp up and the rest gets tossed. Seemed like a waste...
>>7589390
Family already ate 'em up...sorry mate. Good stuff though.
>>7586873
It's actually a requisitioned ashtray.
>>
Are those piss boy eggs?
>>
What was the recipe?
>>
>>7586295
Did he die?
>>
>>7589856

Like op said

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming
>>
>>7589845
Voila.
http://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/grilled-octopus
>>
>>7589555

>Noted for next time.

>Just for flavoring. The octopus gets put on the grill to crisp up and the rest gets tossed. Seemed like a waste...

Then it really doesn't matter leaving the roots on. As long as there isn't a bunch of dirt on them.
Having said that, I'd clean the stock up a bit, then save it and use it again for the next time (freezer). After a couple uses you should have a nice base for bouillabaisse or cioppino or some other fished based dish. Clams & pasta uh... whatdoyacallit.. vongole! Spaghetti alla vongole.
>>
>>7590160

octopus stock gets weird, man.. it's not very good.

there's way too much gelatin and shit in it.
>>
>>7590216

How does a creature with no bones produce gelatin?
>>
>>7590245
Cartilage contains collagen.
I did have to look it up.
but... >>7590216 you could freeze clarify it if you want to remove the mouthfeel.
>>
>>7590216
...and I've never dealt with octopus stock before, so I'm just guessing.
Just seems like a shame to throw out the court bouillon. Seems like it could be re-purposed.
I would like to know if the opposite is true, for future generations.
>>
>>7586295
Iä! Iä!
>>
>>7590160
>for boulliabaisse
Now we're talkin. A local Mexican grocery sells these eight legged freaks cheap. I think I'll try what >>7590364 said to get the best product possible.
>>
>>7586295
>Putting the garlic in without peeling or chopping

I'm intrigued but also confused. Isnt all the skin going to flake like a bitch?
>>
>>7590493
>Mexican
Obviously there are octopus in all the seas, but I just think Greek and Japanese for some reason when it comes to actually eating these beautiful, sentient creatures.
Not my cup of tea, but I'll bet they steep well.
>>
>>7586295
Cthulhu~
>>
>>7590508
OP is casting the stock down the drain.
That's kind of where the thread is going now.

Really, IMO, the only reason to skin any ingredient used in a stock is to remove dirt, or to remove things that would off-color the stock.
Carrot skins definitely add a dark color, as does ginger skin, etc.
>Putting the garlic in without peeling or chopping
The flavor of the garlic will infuse the liquid and become superfluous after ~45 minutes of steeping. Same for most aromatics (onion, celery, carrot).
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.