[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work at a bar and this new line of tequila we carry comes in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I work at a bar and this new line of tequila we carry comes in these beautiful hand-blown recycled glass bottles.

When a bottle's killed I race to grab it and clean it out, and now my collection is growing.

Any ideas on what to do with them? (I'm not looking to do anything business-related btw.)
>>
Easy answer: They look like they would be really good vases.
>>
>>7585982
Wine homebrew looks p decent on those
>>
>>7585982
Start making your own coldbrew coffee and store it in them.
>>
They're 750ml or 25oz.

>>7585991
Before I start going down that road I wonder if there's anything I can do more to utilize the bottles and the fact they come with their own stopper.

Something along the lines of cold brew, iced tea, brewing, or pre-made cocktails.. Hell, even kombucha.
>>
>>7586003
I like that idea (cold brew or iced tea) I just wonder how tricky it would be to filter with these bottles.
>>
File: 1800-reposado-tequila.jpg (51 KB, 640x297) Image search: [Google]
1800-reposado-tequila.jpg
51 KB, 640x297
It could be nice as a bath salt holder, but you should do that with only one bottle.
>>
>>7586017
No, you buy the jug which costs about 20 dollars and then you store the coffee you make in your fridge in the Tequila bottles. It keeps quite well.
>>
Swing top bottles! I store homemade liqueurs in swing tops. You should store homemade liqueurs in yours, too.
>>
You could make shit tons of bitters.

Any kind of infused liquors, ie smoking whiskies/bourbons/rums, infusing cinnamon or other spices. pumping up the herbalness of gins, making cocktails/mocktails ahead(think margarita mix, sangria and shit)

Try your hand at making sodas

Bar syrups would like nice especially if ezee pours fit in the bottles. You could expand from the usual simple/ginger/lemon juice and start to include coffee syrups, vanilla, chocolate, the aforementioned smoke, lime, pineapple, coconut. Or get wild and crazy and make up some flavors of your own.

If you go with the infusion, I recommend keeping them on display(if possible), customers love to see that shit and talk about interesting projects you're working on. I use to chat with customers about different meats I was curing, and various pastry experiments that were in the works but hadn't made it to the menu yet. It builds anticipation and a little hype amongst regulars and first-timers.

Can't think of much else right now. I'm not a bartender, but I've known a couple high-level ones and they are all about making their own syrups, sodas, and infusions so they can better showcase their skills.
>>
>>7586029
Haha that's an interesting idea

>>7586030
Ah, gotcha. At most how long would you say?
>>
>>7586082
A week maybe two, in the fridge. I don't think it will go horribly stale after that, it just won't taste amazing. Use good quality beans though it's worth it as cold-brews really bring out the flavours.
>>
>>7586045
Now there's an idea. Thanks for letting me know they're called swing-tops hah.

>>7586070
Yes I believe pour spouts fit on them, I'll test it out at work tonight.

I remember wanting to do a prickly pear syrup at one point, you just rekindled that idea for me! Thanks so much for your reply.
>>
>>7585982
fill them with different amounts of water, blow on them to play a song.
>>
>>7585982
looks perfect for a new cumbottle
>>
>>7585982
Make a giant batch of homemade hot sauce.
>>
This is /ck so it's not out of the question that you cook with vanilla beans.

After you scrape them the bean still carries flavor, we have a big jar of sugar we toss them in they give the sugar a nice vanilla punch.

The first thing I thought Of when I saw your bottles was a dark sipping rum and used vanilla beans.
>>
>>7585982
fruits and alcohol. example: strawberries and rose.
>>
File: 856-2.jpg (243 KB, 625x938) Image search: [Google]
856-2.jpg
243 KB, 625x938
>>
>>7586720
You.
I like you.
>>
/diy/ might have neat ideas
>>
>>7585982

Time to start homebrewing!

Make some beer or cider for those fuckers!
>>
Infused oil, my friend peels whole garlic cloves and keeps them in oil for convenience and also garlic oil
Also chilli oil
>>
Are the bottles from the same company that makes Bulleit's bottles?
>>
>>7586003
I tried using a bottle like OP to make cold brew coffee but they're a shit to clean because of the narrow bottleneck and you can't fit a filter in them. You'd have to put a super fine mesh over your cup to filter the grounds out, but I dont know where to get one. How do you do it?
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 600x800
Make a chandelier
>>
>>7587049
No the company that makes the tequila is the same that makes the bottles.
>>
File: auntdiane.jpg (4 KB, 192x144) Image search: [Google]
auntdiane.jpg
4 KB, 192x144
>>7585982

fill them with tequilla
>>
>>7587194
You google "coffee filter mesh" and you buy something that looks good.
I usually just use a tea strainer and deal with having a little bit of grit in the bottom of the cup.
>>
>>7586726
>le You. XDDD
>le I like you. XDDDDDDDD

fuck off faggot
>>
I use old bottles as candlestick holders.
Bitches love candles.
>>
If I had them, I'd probably keep tinctures in them.
>>
File: shitpostergoesfullretard.jpg (180 KB, 1268x713) Image search: [Google]
shitpostergoesfullretard.jpg
180 KB, 1268x713
>>7587374
>MOOOOOOM, THEY'RE HAVING COMPASSION IN MY SECRET CLUB AGAIN!
>>
File: 1328209848624.jpg (169 KB, 648x751) Image search: [Google]
1328209848624.jpg
169 KB, 648x751
>>7586720
>>7586726
>>7587374
Someone posts a creative idea pertaining to the thread topic. Someone expresses, that he likes the idea.

We can't have that shit.
If we don't hardline our overtly hostile bordculture, what is left?
A miserable pile of empty tequila bottles.
>>
>>7586726
back 2 reddit
>>
>>7587419
>>7587437
The problem, reddit faggots, is that he used an expression used exclusively on reddit. He might as well have posted "the narwhal bacons at midnight" or "i'm voting for bernie sanders". It outs him as a long-time reddit user.
>>
>>7587459
Good to know, that a phrase that has been around for years and years, is recognized as reddit and as such is no anathema to all things 4chan.

I will try to refrain from using it, in fear of being ostracised by my peers.

Can I still say, "get this man a drink" or "get this man a medal" to show my approval?

Or do I have to use "cuck" somewhere in every sentence to be recognized as a native?

Almost as bad as the whole 9gag crusades, when that site got created.
>>
>>7587477
are you from reddit?

serious question
>>
>>7587477
Fuck off back to R*ddit
>>
>>7587477

Reddit the fucking post.
>>
stick your dick in them and save your semen to later show your lover that you're a good man able to have children
>>
File: 1328209620070.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2121) Image search: [Google]
1328209620070.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2121
>>7587493
>>7587494
>>7587496
Nah, not from reddit in any sense.
I admit to rarely go look for some info some games, that /v/ is not having any threads on, except once in a blue moon. Like Kerbal Space Program.

It is just that I don't post often. And when I do, I don't conform to boardculture.

Apparently, my ability to string together complex sentences and my unwillingness to behave like most of the high frequency posters on this site, gets me branded as reddit and fedora.

I don't care though, cause I know the great majority of boardusers are constant lurkers, who are just as tired of your "dank memes".

And this is not even bait. Just and honest opinion.
>>
>>7586720

corn starch, oil, milk, rice flour?
>>
>>7585982
Hey OP they are nice bottles but are you sure they are handblown?

Handblown bottles don't have a seam and it looks like a few of those do.

Either way, they look quite nice.

>flavoured olive oil (rosemary, chilli etc)
>hipster milk container
>cut across the top underneath the 'shoulders' to turn into a massive glass/vase
>cut the middle to turn into a medium sized glass for the bottom, butter dish cover for top half
>>
>>7587557

I'm not OP, but I agree: those look like molded bottles thanks to the seam and the text imprint on them.
>>
File: Elf Fatty.png (69 KB, 439x485) Image search: [Google]
Elf Fatty.png
69 KB, 439x485
Keep Cordial/squash/Saft in them
>>
File: one fancy vase.png (128 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
one fancy vase.png
128 KB, 300x400
Who /grolsch/ here?
>>
File: 1456105079631.jpg (20 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
1456105079631.jpg
20 KB, 460x259
>>7587517
>Apparently, my ability to string together complex sentences and my unwillingness to behave like most of the high frequency posters on this site, gets me branded as reddit and fedora.
Amazing

>I don't care though, cause I know the great majority of boardusers are constant lurkers, who are just as tired of your "dank memes".
I represent the unrepresented!!!!
>>
File: TPB_RIcky_400x400.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
TPB_RIcky_400x400.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
Fancy piss jugs
>>
>>7585999
this or beer

bigger bottles for homebrewing is better....
bigger bottles means less bottling
>>
>>7586124
seconded
>>
>>7586124
>>7587771
This. And share with /mu/.
>>
>>7585982

>buy aristocrat tequila
>put in fancy bottle
>sell them at 300% markup because the bottle looks nice
>still tastes the same cause the guy is drunk and chasing it anyways
>>
>>7587610
Mijn neger
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.