[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are you cooking tonight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: received_1365259600154949.jpg (175 KB, 1701x1080) Image search: [Google]
received_1365259600154949.jpg
175 KB, 1701x1080
Also how does mine look?
>>
>>7585804
Looks good, I'd eat it and enjoy it.

I'm not making dinner tonight, I've had a terrible cold, so I'm going to pick up some crazy hot Thai curry (probably green) to burn this shit out of my throat and sinuses. And probably some Thai beef salad or rice paper rolls, one or the other.
Then, hopefully tomorrow I'll feel somewhat better and can get back in the kitchen and cook like I enjoy.
>>
>>7586002
Thanks. Hope you feel better
Thai beef salad sounds interesting
>>
>>7585804
About to eat
>>
File: 2016-04-18 22.00.19.jpg (1 MB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-18 22.00.19.jpg
1 MB, 1152x2048
>>7586089
Forgot pic hahah
>>
>>7586096
Looks pretty good.
>>
I roasted brussels sprouts with bacon and garlic and finished with some balsamic and lemon zest. Served it with two poached eggs over top. Really awesome light dinner.

I didn't take a picture, but my food never looks too nice anyway.
>>
>>7585804
I made some dough out of flour, water, yeast, and baking soda.

Let it rise for like an hour.

Formed into balls.

Fried in oil.

Sprinkles 4/8 balls with cajun seasoning.

Sprinkled 4/8 balls with cinnamon and sugar.

Ate it all, washed it down with vodka.

No regrets.
>>
Trying to figure out what to cook about two pounds of chicken thighs into. Any ideas?
>>
>>7586116
Marinade with whatever you have.

Get a big ceramic pot.

Sear all sides of the thighs, get a good brown.

Pour leftover marinade over thighs, put in oven uncovered.

Let it form a glaze, get to at least 165F internal on thighs.

Remove from oven, serve with the rice you cooked alongside and a veggie of your choice.
>>
I just picked up a nacho and taco combo with a rockstar freeze from Taco Bell
>>
>>7586096
>overcooked everything
Britbong detected.

Green beans should be green and crunchy, not olive. Chicken should not be dry and crumbly.
Salt the water (should taste like seawater), bring to a violent biol, dunk the beans in, leave in until they stop feeling rough on your tongue and rinse in cold water. Should not take more than 30s of cooking time.
They will still be warm on the inside unless you rinse them too long.
Chicken, season, sear skin side in pan, turn off heat, flip breast, put foil over and thermometer in. It's done when it passes 67°C.
Put chicken aside, put pan back on heat, add beer/wine and a big knob of butter. You now have sauce.

All done in the same time the potatoes take to cook.
>>
>>7586138
Im in georgia you food snob
Taste good as hell you faggot
>>
I have some pie dough chilling in the fridge, gonna fill it with leftover pot roast.
>>
>>7586156
>no aspirations/10
Where's the soul(food)?
Yes, moi foodsnob. On the cooking board of all places.
>>
It's nice weather so I have some chicken drumsticks on the grill right now, potatoes roasting in the oven, and salad to round it out.
>>
>>7586172
It's not a critic thread just a post your dinner thread. He was right you are being a fag.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>7586125
Alright making a marinade. How long should I let it sit? Overnight?
>>
>>7586240
Somewhere in between 2 and 24 hours.

Really doesn't matter.

It's going to be delicious either way.
>>
>>7586108
As long as it tastes good haha
>>
>>7586110
Fk yeah lol would try
>>
>>7585804
Looks pretty good, i'm going to make spaghetti bolognese with a side salad.
>>
>>7587561
What's the difference from a regular meat based sauce spaghetti?
>>
>>7585804
I bought a london broil $4.50 a lb, gonna cut it into strips, brown it up a bit, then add some rice and cook it in my pressure cooker with a few spices and onions, garlic and turmeric. I'm thinking it'll turn out ok.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Welp, here's how it turned out. Meat was nice and juicy, herby almost sweet from the marinade. Rice was nice and herby too. Paired with my new favorite sangria from Spain not seen pictured here.
>>
>>7585804
I made some rice balls yesterday, and about two weeks ago threw some cucumber slices into the two jars of banana peppers and pimiento stuffed olives. Gonna scoop a few out and have some delicious cold rice balls.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.