[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck does /ck/ think about water cakes???????? htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Water-Cake-Dessert.jpg (197 KB, 970x496) Image search: [Google]
Water-Cake-Dessert.jpg
197 KB, 970x496
What the fuck does /ck/ think about water cakes????????

http://nerdist.com/the-future-of-dessert-is-here-and-its-a-water-cake/
>>
>>7585366
>be sneaky jap
>make a ball of jello
>call it a "water cake"
>rake in profits as weebs line up for miles to experience superior Japanese culinary innovation
>>
wow so cool and so reasonably priced hah!
>>
>>7585400
This. I don't see the point really.
>>
>>7585366
how many calories are in this
>>
>This is 2015, we are a people of the future
>2015

trashed
>>
I think a lot of people will have opinions about it although they have never tried it.
>>
>>7585366
clear jello!!!
how futuristic!!!
>>
>The cake is clear and jelly-like

So it's jelly. Fucking weeb cunts.
>>
>>7585409
probably zero or close to it
>>
wow moso put that video out forever ago
>>
>>7585432
>transparent rice cake
>rice
>0 calories
>>
>>7585462
Please don't expose me as an idiot to all my online anonymous friends
>>
>>7585462
It's agar you dip
>>
>>7585462
It's made with agar, water and sugar, not rice.
>>
>>7585489
>>7585512
>I give you… the water cake. To the naked eye it may look like the return of Clear Pepsi or a giant bubble of water, when in fact it’s a transparent piece of Japanese rice cake commonly known as Mizu Shingen Mochi.
>when in fact it’s a transparent piece of Japanese rice cake

RICE

CAKE
>>
>>7585526
Whoever wrote that article is a complete moron then.

If you watch the video they linked in their own fucking article, it shows how to make it. There is absolutely no rice involved in the process.
>>
>>7585526
>>7585533
I think the issue is that it's referred to as 'mochi' because the shape is similar but it's not actually mochi.
>>
>>7585533
>>7585538

This issue is that we are discussing this meme-ass "dessert" in the first place.

Give me, literally, any other dessert in the entire world.

It looks novel. Kawaii mother fuckers will flock to it. Eventually no one will care.
>>
Aspics are back. great
>>
File: imgres.jpg (8 KB, 289x174) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8 KB, 289x174
>>7585753

It's not really an aspic, because aspics are made with gelatins, usually from a meat stock.

I live in the south and grew up on tomato aspic. (which I fucking hate)

I have every reason to believe that this dessert would be about 2000 times better, but still no where near as good as say... a piece of chocolate cake.
>>
I'm more of a fan of ice water cakes, especially completely doused in water sauce, with maybe a squeeze of lime and a straw. I know carbonating everything seems like a molecular gastronomy meme right now, but it's actually really good in this case.
>>
>"water cakes"
>it's a ball of agar gel
WOW AMAZING!
>>
I live in Southeast Asia. When the news broke, my feed was clogged with all these smug pricks going, "Oho, we Malaysians have been eating this shit since forever, silly NY hipster trash."

Of course food had to come from somewhere, you smug cock.

These were the same people jerking themselves off to the fact that Justin Trudeau has a Malaysian ancestor way back in his family tree.
>>
teh future of cuisine
witness the revolution
>>
>>7586531

witnessed.
>>
>Literally sugar flavoured Jello
Why don't they use sugar replacements, would make it more interesting to the fatties falling for this.
>>
>>7586422
>vegan jello
>cake

This retarded rebranding is painful

Worst part is people will fall for it
>>
>>7585366
Looks like it's just sugar gelatin to me

I'd eat it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stand in line for it
>>
I had that a few times when I went to singapore. It was dirt cheap cause it's basically... well you know. It was interesting see g how they added flavor to it. It's not something I would advise people to spend money on but hipsters will be hipsters. You can turn it into whatever you want and it's "vegan" so I expect tons of retards to eat it up. Literally.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.