[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i make my burgers better? Currently i pack my ground
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: one serving.jpg (59 KB, 700x530) Image search: [Google]
one serving.jpg
59 KB, 700x530
How can i make my burgers better?

Currently i pack my ground beef with dijon, ketchup, paprika, chopped onions, salt/pepper, and egg yolk, while its great i know it can be better.

what do?
>>
>>7583654
god that burger irritates me
>>
>>7583654
stop all that bullshit.

salt
pepper
butter in the pan
cook properly
>>
>>7583654
caramelise the onions first
use half beef and half pork
panko breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
some vegeta, or garlic powder
fry in butter or lard
wa la
>>
>>7583654
use good/homemade buns. don't put the onions in the beef, raw onion tastes good with beef. they also just steam that way and if you're going to use cooked onion, they should at least be caramelized. i do a reverse sear for burgers if i'm not cooking on a grill, because they'll burn if you sear them and finish in the pan if it's hot enough for a proper sear. cook over medium low heat until they're almost to your desired doneness, clean out the pan and then turn the heat up to high/medium-high and sear.
>>
>>7583790
fuck off with your, don't try anything other than basic, autism shit
>>
higher temps, shorter cook times, and thinner patties.
>>
>>7583817
>Doing things the right way is autistic.

Okay.
>>
>>7583817
if it needs anything outside of salt and pepper your meat is horribly substandard.
>>
>>7583917
I wouldn't say it's the "right way", more like the standard way. OP wants to try something new I'm guessing and wants suggestions.
>>
>>7583654
I've heard that adding things like heart and liver (from cows, obviously) really add to the flavour.
>>
File: 587916698042392576.png (41 KB, 400x333) Image search: [Google]
587916698042392576.png
41 KB, 400x333
>>7583790
>>7583917
>>7584151
>>
>>7584386

>everything in my house tastes like adobo seasoning
>white people dont know what flavor is
>>
>>7584386
Are you implying that salt and pepper have no flavor? Because that would be retarded.
>>
toast the bun after brushing it with water that has had sugar dissolved into it at max saturation
>>
>>7584483
>muh caramel colouring
>maximum dark with minimal toasting flavour
You know there are other flavourings than sugar, right?
>>
File: 1460667378358.jpg (539 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
1460667378358.jpg
539 KB, 2448x2448
>>7584386
>niggers literally think mixing over 30 spices for their chicken wings seasoning is flavour

You can't make this shit up, get some taste you underdeveloped monkeys
>>
>>7583654

That's meatloaf.

80/20 meat. Wood fire. Salt. Put it down. Flip it. Take it off. Rest it. Eat it.
>>
>>7583654
>Currently i pack my ground beef with dijon, ketchup, paprika, chopped onions, salt/pepper, and egg yolk

Stop all that shit.
Get some decent beef.
Make it into a burger.
Fry it.
Put cheese on top, maybe bacon.
Serve it.
>>
>>7583654
You're overloading it. You can have stuff in it, but that's too much. Meat has flavor too, you know.
>Carmelize onions
>Add a little garlic to the pan once the onions are pretty much done and let them cook a little.
>Half of that mix goes into the meat
>Make patty
>Form a little dip int he middle
>Salt+Pepper
>Cook 3-5 minutes each side depending on thickness.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.