[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can mayo made without eggs be considered real mayonnaise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Can mayo made without eggs be considered real mayonnaise?
>>
>>7581916
>All of those "frees"
It's shit.
>>
>>7581916
>Egg-free
>Soy-free
>Dairy-free

What the fuck do they even make it out of then?
>>
>>7581916
No, but it can be called egg-free or vegan mayo. Kind of like the term "meatless" hotdog when the dog is made from tofu. But no, it' not traditional mayo.

>>7581939
Probably vegetable oil, vinegar, and lemon juice.
>>
>>7581939
Whipped bull semen. Its all natural and can't hurt you like eggs
>>
>>7581949
>lemon juice

Vegans won't use eggs taken from chickens HARMLESSLY, but they will drink the lifeforce of a lemon that was strangled and KILLED against its will

Fucking disgusting
>>
>>7581965
This joke sure never gets old.
>>
>>7581965

In retrospect, people will hate GMO's but love lemon-aid...
>>
>>7582173
>lemon-aid

If this is a pun, I don't understand it.
>>
File: groanzone.jpg (54 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
groanzone.jpg
54 KB, 500x700
>>7581916
oh this again
>>
If you look at food history then you'll see aioli came before mayo. The original recipe for aioli comes from Spain and consists of garlic and olive oil mashed together in a mortar and pestle until the proper consistency is acheived. As the recipe travelled north to France, eggs were added to improve stability and to suit local tastes.

>tl;dr yes
>>
>>7581916
Absolutely not.
>>
>>7582617
So it's Aoli, not mayo.....?
>>
>>7581916
No.
>>
>>7581939
The Canadian Yellow Pea.
>>
>>7582666

Yeah, that makes sense to me. Mayo is french, and aioli spanish. So technically without eggs its Aioli, and with eggs is mayo. Although mayo doesn't always contain garlic.
>>
>>7581916
>Non-GMO
>Cholesterol-Free
>gluten-Free
>Egg-Free
>Soy-Free
>Dairy-Free
>Lactose-Free
>Kosher

BUT IS IT FUCKING HALAL??
>>
>>7584123
found the brit
>>
>>7582674
Allioli means literally garlic-oil in catalan , it is jsut mayo with garlic.

It can be made without eggs but it is quite tedious...
>>
>>7582673
So we should blame Canada for this shit?
>>
>>7581939
Xanthan gum
guar gum
Carrageenan
etc
>>
>>7581916
Weren't they sued over this, how are they still in stores?
>>
>>7581916
This is the only shit they have at my college now that all of the hippies here petitioned to remove Hellmann's. I want to die.
>>
>>7584469
Lawsuit flopped because it was a retarded lawsuit. Spent millions of dollars to make the company "admit that it's egg free" which they clearly already fucking did

I buy this mayo and it's way better than most others.
>>
>>7581916
No
>>
>>7584123
>Flavor-free
>>
>>7584469
The diffrence lies the nnaise part
>>
>>7581916
Legally, no. To have mayonnaise on the label requires egg as an ingredient
>>
>>7584585
same
their garlic mayo is the bomb too
>>
Short answer? No.

Long answer? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
>>
>>7584123
By rule, Kosher foods are Halal, but the reverse is not true.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.