[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jalapenos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: jalapenos.png (418 KB, 872x441) Image search: [Google]
jalapenos.png
418 KB, 872x441
Why are grocery stores allowed to throw completely different jalapeno cultivars, with heat and general flavor potency ranging from "might as well be bell pepper" to "oh god it hurts", into the same bin without any clarification or warning? It's annoying as all fuck not knowing what you're getting into half the time, especially when they separate cultivars for most everything else.
>>
It annoys me there are people who will eat jalapenos who expect not to get burned. People like you are the reason every time a company comes out with a genuinely spicy product it gets toned down a few weeks later due to all the whining its too spicy.
>>
File: fw9uISw.jpg (52 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fw9uISw.jpg
52 KB, 480x270
>>7581844
it's the same cultivar, the difference in heat comes mostly from fungal/bacterial colonies on the roots.
most farmers have little control over this so heat varies wildly.
They are only just discovering this stuff
>>
>>7581844

It annoys me that people still eat jalapenos. Eat fucking serranos or habaneros.
>>
>>7581869
I never said I didn't want them to be spicy, you daft cunt.
>>
the ones with the tan lines on them will be hotter
>>
>>7581844
OP, thats a good question. Sometimes I can just chow down on a jalapeno raw seeds and all, while other times it burns me something awful
>>
Anybody else feel that japalepeno's are best tasting pepper? Perfect raw when green, cooked when red and chipotle is amazing.
>>7581899
Habaneros taste like candy so it's not surprising most people don't like them.
>>
>>7581941

Jalapenos taste like someone's asshole after they've had too much Taco Bell.
>>
>>7581944
And you would know
>>
>>7582403

I have tasted both things separately so I have an educated guess at what the combination tastes like.
>>
>>7581844
I grow jalapenos and the heat varies from pepper to pepper, even ones picked from the same plant. I don't think they are doing it to upset you.
>>
>>7581844
>JalapeƱo
>"Oh god it hurts"
Can you be a bigger pussy?
>>
>>7582478

I'll bet he thinks sriracha is a real hot sauce.
>>
>>7582478
>>7582571

used to grow jalapenos and other peppers. i can take heat up to habaneros, but i found that unripe jalapenos can be extremely spicy, for reasons i don't really understand

just a guess, but maybe farms ship out unripe jalapenos, like they do with tomatoes when they're out of season, and they ripen during processing and shipping. maybe some of these common grocery store jalapenos just never got the chance to mature properly
>>
>>7582478
Jalapenos can absolutely get into the range of being too hot to enjoy, unless you're one of those masochistic tryhards that act like it's child's play if you aren't chowing down on fucking ghost peppers or something.

>>7582571
Not at all.
>>
>>7582571
It's more a paste than a sauce.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.