[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can i get for 30 dollars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
Hey /ck/. What can I get at the grocery for 30 dollars? It's gotta last me a month. Was thinking about getting eggs, water, and fruit & veggies, maybe cans of tuna and living off that.
>>
Rice. Dried beans & lentils. Frozen veggies. Fresh stuff if you have any money remaining.

Assuming you have spices and basic pantry items it should be enough to live (if not enjoy yourself) for a month.
>>
You're going to starve to death.
>>
You're fucked m8
>>
>>7581605
>buying water
Do you live somewhere you can drink the tap water?
>>
File: 1460863415775.jpg (57 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1460863415775.jpg
57 KB, 600x450
>30 bucks to last for a month

Shit man, I don't know. 30 bucks is about how much I spend for groceries in one week.

>fruit and veggies

Will not last for a month.

>water
>wasting your money on something that you already pay to come out of your tap
>>
can I get ideas on how to enjoy these things as a whole meal? usually just boil like 3 eggs for breakfast and lunch, and then maybe 2 cans of tuna for dinner plus some fruit. usually have a green pepper, banana, or some oranges throughout the day as snacks. also water, lots of water, and maybe whatever coffee i can buy at the store thats cheapest to brew a t home.
>>
You can stretch out a pound of ground pork or beef with canned stuff, beans and lentils to make a stew or chili that will last you for awhile.
>>
>>7581615
Even if he didn't, getting physically ill usually helps one save on food, as they don't eat as much.
>>
Lentils
Rice
Season vegetables
>>
1 mcchicken, the best fast food sandwich a day every day with tap water. You might have to skip a couple days if your state has food tax
>>
Dry beans, rice, tuna.
>>
>>7581611
>>7581613
I've survived off about as much

it's just miserable as fuck. You have to really hone down what you want to eat to a protein staple (rice and beans), some flavoring for that staple (cheese or salsa), and with what money you have left over choose some foods that make your life not so miserable like popcorn seeds or tea or whatnot, these things are cheap and will last you. Also eggs are good too in bulk
Also pasta can work as a staple, I survived 2 months off it. You really just need to get a job OP because living like this is really bad for your health and will make you very miserable. I barely feel like I have enough with 25/week nowadays in college
>>
>>7581605

>water

If you need to buy water from the grocery store $30 should be able to buy you one of anything.

If you don't live in a 3rd world shithole and are buying water on a limited budged, you're an idiot and deserve to starve to death.
>>
A 20kg sack of potato?
>>
>>7581605
buy some liquid plumbr and drink it
>>
Cheap bag of Rice and some bags of Beans

Potatoes, add butter spice them up a bit so you don't get bored.

Loaf of bread every 3 or 4 days, eat bread with every meal to fill up.

Eggs in bulk, look into grade b eggs as they may be cheaper and come in huge bulk containers.

Drink tap water
>>
>>7581609
I also recommend sesam oil. alittle can provide a lot of flavor, well, provided you like the flavour
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (2 MB, 634x357) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
2 MB, 634x357
>>7582317
>>
Get a rack of beer and a bottle of vodka.
>>
>tfw I have about $500/mo to spend on groceries

What should I get?
>>
30 dollers lol damn nigga
>chicken breast
>cheapest tortillas
>sweet onions
>>
30 dollars will easily get you through the month if you're willing to eat the same thing every day.
Ground meat + pasta/rice/potatoes.
>>
>>7581605
Honestly, instant noodles and eggs. If you get sick of them in soup, drain the water after boiling and fry them up. Reduce the flavour packet otherwise it's salty as fuck.
Pocket an orange or something when you walk by the fruit stand to get your vitamin C.
>>
>>7581605
2 24 pack of Top Ramen. That should be about 16 bucks. Oh and the cheap bottle of vodka that's like 12 bucks.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.