[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there such a thing as food that can help alleviate depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: mjs-depression11p_hotdogs2.jpg (535 KB, 660x532) Image search: [Google]
mjs-depression11p_hotdogs2.jpg
535 KB, 660x532
Is there such a thing as food that can help alleviate depression? My therapist said something like junk food can really hurt you but I've never heard of that before and I suppose if anyone was to know about it'd be you guys.

So then I'll just ask if you know of any foods that can help alleviate symptoms of depression
>>
when i cut out junk food and high sodium foods from my diet i noticed i felt a lot happier overall. that was just me though, but it might not be a bad idea to cut that stuff from your diet.
>>
if your emotional state is already fragile, being generally unhealthy makes you feel worse. It's not that there are foods that alleviate depression. It's that if you are devouring tons of junk, overdosing on sugar, and missing out on vitamins, you're adding a general layer of biological shittiness on top of whatever else was bringing you down.
>>
>>7580420
healthy body is healthy mind OP
>>
I fast when I get depressed , that includes masturbation.
Really helps clear my mind.
>>
>>7580420
Eat healthy and start getting fit, it'll make you feel loads better.
>>
>>7580420
Clinical depression? I don't know, probably not. Eating healthy and including physical exercise in your life seems to help most people. Dark chocolate may alleviate symptoms of regular, everyday depression (sadness) because of the stimulants in it. Milk chocolate (with a lot of sugar) won't have the same effect unless you eat so much of it the sugar would cancel out the good shit in there.
>>
I've heard that turmeric and cashews are almost as good as antidepressants. They don't really work for me, but neither do most prescriptions.
>>
>>7581454

One of the teachers I worked with put turmeric on just about everything she eats in the lunchroom and claims it's helped with her arthritis more than any other pills she's been on.
>>
>>7580420
dunno if it will work for you but when I'm angry spicey food has a noticable effect as a mood booster.
>>
V E G A N
E
G
A
N

lol but yeah, this
>>7580434
and this
>>7580992
>>
>>7580420
Cashews are said to help, but if you are experiencing real depression and not just feeling sad once in a while I would recommend talking with your doc.
>>
>>7580420
alcohol
>>
>>7583392
>Vegan

Sweet Christmas Anon, he's trying to alleviate his depression, not finish the job and drive himself to suicide
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.