[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Celery Leaves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Celery Leaves.jpg (260 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
Celery Leaves.jpg
260 KB, 1600x1066
Hey /ck/, what should I do with my celery leaves?

I have about one kilogram of leaves and the top of the stalks.

Was thinking a pesto, and maybe a tonic or syrup, thoughts?
>>
Make a syrup and do celery soda
>>
Spinach and celery leave sautee

Sesame and canola oil in a saucepan, sautee some garlic. Add vinegar, salt, pepper and red chile flake and stir. Add celery greens and spinach for a minute or two and serve
>>
Get some parsley, a chicken, an onion and a carrot or two.
Then make chicky chicky soop soop.
>>
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Most of the leaves are quite bitter as some of the stalks were quite dark, should I account for this bitterness when cooking with it? Or should I just use it like parsley, etc.
>>
Stuff some pig's hearts with them and braise them.
Also works well with parsley.
>>
Celery leaves are essential for my favorite comfort food: red beans and rice!

First, bring six cups of water to a boil. Then add a poun of pre-soaked dark red kidney beans. They can also be canned.

Add two diced yellow onions, a chopped head of garlic, three finely chopped celery stalks, a good handful of minced celery leaves, a spoonful of bacon drippings, and a diced bell pepper.

Let that simmer for at least two and a half hours.

When you're thirty minutes away from supper, add a half pound of chopped sausage, half a pound of shredded chicken, 1.25 tsp oregano, .75 tsp thyme, .75 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 Tbsp salt. Let it all keep simmering.

Serve over rice smothered in extra-sharp cheddar and green onions. For authenticity's sake, season to taste with Tony Chachere's. My childhood is that green can with that smug asshole's cartoon face on it.

You cannot make this without celery leaves. It's delicious.
>>
I poached some chicken thighs today for sandwiches during the week and chopped all the leaves off the top of the bunch and threw them in with garlic, onion, carrot, seasoned it. Chicken tastes nice and no more leaves.

Also leaves behind a bit of a stock you can use for something else.
>>
>>7579770
This is a good one op
>>
>>7579449
A celery-infused vinegar could be fun
>>
Keep em rolling overnight, always have way too much celery!
>>
>>7579854
How do you infuse vinegar, just leave celery in vinegar for a while?
>>
Celery Julep
>>
>>7579449
Celery pesto tastes like ass unless heavily seasoned which kinda defeats the point of a pesto.

Maybe that's just me tho, I thought I would love it given that I make genovese at least twice a weak but I really didn't.
>>
Just eat them as salad with some salt and lemon juice. Can also throw some avocado in there, delicious combination.
>>
>>7581150
I thought it might, that would probably be my last choice
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.