[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making use of leftovers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: chicken chunks.jpg (149 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
chicken chunks.jpg
149 KB, 640x427
What can you make with little pieces of chicken? I cut it all off the drumsticks/thighs to use the bones for stock , now I need something to use the meat for. Any Ideas?
>>
Well, you could do pretty much anything.
Chicken and dumplings, chicken stir fry, chicken casserole, chicken soup, chicken skewers, sesame chicken, chicken nuggets, too many things to list........
>>
>>7579253
Salt, pepper, herbs and saute in a pan, then throw into any italian creamy sauce pasta dish (alfredo, carbonara)
>>
>>7579253
Fry it up, add rice and chunky salsa (or spaghetti sauce if you're a wuss). Pig out on a healthy, sustaining meal.
>>
Is there anything you could do that may involve cheese?
>>
>>7579253
i love coq au vin with chicken thighs op
>>
>>7579293
You love coq and thighs. You must be French.
>>
>>7579305
actually i'm just gay
>>
Got skewers? It's the ideal meat for chicken souvlaki.

If you don't have skewers don't worry just make a mix of:
equal parts olive oil and lemon then add sea salt, pepper, oregano, a little bit of thyme and garlic (or garlic paste). Baste them on both sides and grill them, keep basting them while they're cooking and then eat them with tzatziki and bread or fries or pita bread. Easy as fuck and tasty.
>>
>>7579308
Same thing
>>
>>7579253
curry, dark meat is ideal for indian food
>>
>>7579253
curry. or bread and fry it for chicken tendies
>>
>>7579253
Pan fry with a little salt, pepper, dash of lemon juice. Once browned, cool on a plate then toss on a salad.
>>
File: url.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
saute up some apples, garlic & sage.
toss in chicken bits until just cooked & still tender & juicy.
eat as is or serve alongside / over some good grain.
>>
Got soy sauce at home? Make some teriyaki chicken.
>>
>>7579315
Jesus, +1. Can I say that on 4chan?
>>
File: ViewMedia.jpg (53 KB, 363x480) Image search: [Google]
ViewMedia.jpg
53 KB, 363x480
>>
>>7579253
Those cuts are perfect for making your own sweet and sour chicken or Gen. Tso's chicken.
>>
>>7579253
Omelette. Just fry it up and toss the eggs over.
Or fry it up and throw sauce over it. Or put it in egg fried rice for chicken fried rice.

Little bits of chicken is basically top tier stuff for making dishes with.
>>
File: chickenquesadilla.jpg (2 MB, 3615x2714) Image search: [Google]
chickenquesadilla.jpg
2 MB, 3615x2714
>>7579272
chicken quesadillas
>>
>>7579253
Anything where small bits of chicken comes to mind.

You could sear it, make the stock, and use some of the stock + seared-off chicken bits + noodles and mirepoix and make the best goddamn chicken soup you've ever had.

You already did 90% of the work by making the stock.

A lot of Chinese/Thai cooking calls for small-cut chicken, and if you need it ground, just FYI just mince it with a knife instead because ground chicken is horribly inferior to actually-minced for a lot of purposes.
>>
>>7579253
toss it in the crock pot with a jar of salsa, cook on high for 4 hours, enjoy your pulled chicken for use in mexican dishes or with rice.
>>
>>7579253
Yakitori. I'm assuming those are breast chunks, so just some light tare and salt should do the trick when finishing.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.