[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salmon Butchery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Atlantic-salmon1.jpg (79 KB, 406x250) Image search: [Google]
Atlantic-salmon1.jpg
79 KB, 406x250
Hello,
Anyone here with salmon fillet experience? I have a vid of me cutting up a salmon and was wondering if anyone can give me a pointer about what I am doing wrong
>>
Forgot the actual video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whL2H8QLGBo
>>
part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukQtCoKMUu0
>>
>>7578563
I don't know what the fuck I'm doing either, but I've seen it done usually with the head left on and half the body filleted at once rather than filleting both sides together.
>>
>>7578586
This fillet technique is suppose to be for sushi and sashimi, I work at a sushi bar.
>>
>>7578563
Anyone?
>>
>>7578594
>>7578647
I figured you work at a sushi bar, but then why don't you know just how to do it? And I dunno if you post on /ck/ much, but it's a fairly slow board
>>
>>7578661
I was simply wondering if there are any people with experience around here. No I'm not here too often.
>>
>>7578563
if you expect anyone with actual culinary experience to be on this board you are sorely mistaken. From what I have seen it looks pretty good OP.
>>
>>7578693
You're sorely mistaken. /ck/ has a decent number of professional cooks in addition to its smattering of respectable home cooks.
>>
>>7578763
Half the posts on this board are bad memes or bad advice. There is a small amount of nice posts about actual food from time to time, but I really wouldn't go as far as to say that that dude was "sorely mistaken".
>>
>>7578763
Why you Fillet the salmon??? You can buy it for the same price like that
>>
>>7578774
Some guy has been white knighting this board for the last couple of days, it's kind of weird. Any time someone complains about anything, he says "no you're wrong we're all a bunch of very serious, respectful, well-educated michelin-starred chefs, professional wine makers, farmers, and food historians".

I assume it's the same guy and he somehow thinks he's going to "save the board" as it continues its unstoppable slide towards the platonic ideal of ignorant hateful shitposting.
>>
>>7578897
>/ck/ has a decent number of professional cooks in addition to its smattering of respectable home cooks.

Come on man, don't read too much into it. No, I'm not the anon who has been white knighting, but I've actually learned a lot from this board, and I'm just calling it as I see it. I never even said that we have chefs here, lol, just cooks.
>>
>>7578897

we have cooks and chefs. seen a couple of resturants live launched on /ck/ and the ol' AMA has covered everything from resort hotel dessert chef to indian fine dining and food trucks and meat cutters

shitposters are always there, but /ck/ is real
>>
>>7578897
If you're a shit person, your shit character becomes infectious. I imagine whoever is promoting and defending this board is unlike you - he's a decent human.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.